Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi,

I didn't want to post... but now I feel I need to just to help me feel better.  bear_cry   One of my sweet whippets... Isis is dying.   I've been crying on & off for 10 days.  she's only 7.... or would be in June.  We got her when she was almost 2 (19 months)

A week ago Saturday she was running in the yard, slipped & hurt her spine - paralyzing her legs.

The only treatment for that... steroids... almost killed her the following Monday night. Turns out she has a bad heart condition.  We had no idea... it developed very quickly.

We took a chance and left her overnight in the hospital for a very aggressive treatment and she responded well.  They didn't know if we'd have weeks, months or years with her.

Went in for her check up yesterday... after being on the meds a while and it's not good.... months at the most... more likely weeks or days.

Today, by looking at her I think it will be time before the end of the week.

I'm just spending as much cuddle time as possible with her right now.  Our daughter comes home from college tomorrow night.  She knows the situation... Isis used to sleep with our daughter.

Just asking for some warm fuzzies my way I guess..... I'm really tired of crying.  I know this is part of living with dogs and other pets.... and I certainly would do it again even though it means going thru this.

Isis is SUCH a sweet girl!  Of all our whippets... she's the least trouble.. asks for nothing... gives everything.

Thanks so much!

Edited to add: 

Well I am happy to say that Isis has had several good days!  It is now the end of the week... and I don't think she's ready to go yet bear_original

I decided after this happened to start a blog for my whippets  so I can record the cute stuff they do... and pictures... and memories.  It's really for me - like a scrapbook.  But I made it public anyways.    Naturally at the moment it is mostly about Isis and her progress bear_original  http://loveourwhippets.blogspot.com/

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

I'm really sorry you're going through this Laura! I hope the time you have left with Isis will be sweet and that she is as comfortable as she can be. Love on her lots!
My old girl, Murphy is  a 15 1/2 yr old Lab/ Doberman mix and I am in complete denial of her recent rapid decline.  bear_cry

Many, many  :hug: 's for you,
Cheryl bear_flower

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

So sorry, Laura.
I think I can say I know how you feel, as we have had our animals die throughout the years and they are both family and best friends. It's always so hard, but I always try to remember the good memories with that animal and I know I will see them again in Heaven. Yes, I believe pets go to Heaven...although I know people have argued with me about this. But I stand firm about it. God knows how much we love our animals...He's the one who gave them to us to love and take care of.

Sometimes our pets can feel like our furry children.
I'm sending you hugs  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
and keeping you in my prayers.

hugs,
Eliza

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I am so sorry Laura Lynn.  Believe me, I know how hard it is.  I'm still not over my Poms.  Hang in there...

puca bears puca bears

I am SO sorry for you - it is just the hardest thing to go thru.....we love our pets so much, and they just don't live lomg enough ......
big sympathetic hugs
Maria :hug:

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Oh Laura, I am soooo sorry. There is probably nothing I can say that can make it better, but know that my heart goes out to you and your family.
HUGS
Sonya

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Awe, I'm so sorry Laura bear_sad I lost one of my dogs last year at age 9 to Cancer and I still think about him everyday. I'm so sorry, sending you a huge hug.
~Melanie

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Oh my Gosh laura, I am so sorry!  That is so hard to go through.  If you need to talk call me. :hug:   You and Isis are in my thoughts.  Love ya hon.  Jenn

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Laura,
     Just give her as much love as you can - that's all she really wants, you know.  Sending warm hugs and thought.

hugs, :hug:  :hug:

Brenda

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_cry It is so hard when we have to let go, but pets are such gifts aren't they? :hug:  :hug:

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

bear_sad I'm really sorry... I can't bear the idea of losing my pets...

I guess you have to appreciate the time you have left, and who knows? maybe you'll end up having more than you expect. You can spend the week with her and know that when she goes it will be near you and your family, rather than if she died instantly in an accident... what happened is terrible, but it can't be reversed... enjoy your remaining time with her, and know that we'll all be here if her time comes.

:hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I have nothing helpful to say but that is soo sad. I dread the day I have to go thru that. Why can't our animals live forever? just not fair

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awwww, Laura, I do feel for you - I'm so sorry.  Big hugs for you and Isis . . . I know you will treasure whatever time she has left - and so will she.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

Thats so sad. Im sorry to hear about your beloved pet. I will be sending warm thoughts your way!

Bear Hugs,

Kim

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
I got to experience the sweetness and love Isis has when I visited Laura for the Schaumburg show last October. All of her whipets are wonderful! Because I slept in Laura's daughter's room, Isis slept with me... under the covers, all snuggly. She's just such a sweet girl!

I know you and Bob are taking the best care of her you can and enjoying the time you have left with her. That's what matters most right now.

Huge Bear Hugs to you guys! :hug:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

bear_cry   bear_cry   bear_cry   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

I am so sorry and sad for you and your family...both human & furry!!!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Awwww I'm so sorry to hear this Laura, I know how hard it is to go through.  I can only reiterate what everyone else has said and just love her and let her know how much she means to you. 

big hugs

Shane

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I'm so sorry, Laura Lynn. Our pets have a way of becoming an huge part of our lives and we love them so much. I still miss my little Hugo who passed over two years ago. We still have three, and I love them dearly, but Hugo's the one who was so special to me. Sending thoughts and hugs because I know how much this hurts. :pray:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Strike A Paw Posts: 535

Laura, my thoughts are with you.  It's tough losing a family member!!

Big Hug,

Julie

Katrina's Miniatures Katrina's Miniatures
Website

OH NO! bear_cry  bear_cry   I'm so sorry  bear_cry  bear_sad
:hug:  :hug:  :pray:  :hug:  :hug:

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Laura, I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you.  Pets bring us such joy that loosing them brings such sorrow.

Sandi

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Laura,
Sending special thoughts to Isis and her wonderful 2 leggers!!!!
Hugs &

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I had to put my Doberman down a few years back and she was one of my bestest friends !! She loved me and always protected me and I miss her so. I know what you are feeling, Please enjoy her as long as you can , but don't be surprised she goes after visiting with your daughter, she may be waiting for that. But kiss her and let he go she will always live in your heart. Be thankful you have had her for as long as you have . I am so sorry for this pain, I send my love and pray for the tender hands of GOD to give you all peace.

eastbenchbears East Bench Bears
Chicago, IL

Oh Laura, my heart goes out to you and your family. I will be saying prayers and sending good thoughts your way.
Give a hug to Isis for me, from my poodles Fancy, and Gidget too!
Love and hugs,
Anita

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Laura: Oh how sad....It is so hard to see your pet decline in health. I agree with you about having pets. The years of love you get outweighs the the pain of seeing them pass on. It is o.k. to cry. It is healing Laura. Know we all here for you. I will keep you and you doggie in my prayers. :hug:  :hug:

Board footer