Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

JosSit2-sm.jpgI brought "Josiah" to the New England Spring Teddy Bear Show even though his face wasnt' done yet.... I'd tried so hard to get him finished but when you are not only participating in the show but the one organizing it too ya just can't do everything!

Josiah's brother "Samson" was the first to sell and as my table became bare I decided to put "Josiah" on it. Someone fell in love with the poor bear with only test eyes and no nose to speak of! I've finally just finished him and mailed him off to the coast of Maine to his new home.

As with each of my "Heart & Sole" bears.... he's 16" and weighs 3 1/2 pounds. He's made of Schulte KM16 mohair and ultra suede foot pads in the shape of hearts.

Enjoy the ocean, Josiah! I'll miss you!

JosStandWave_sm.jpg

(Looks like he forgot his beach towel!) :doh:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

That's awesome, Daphne!! Your bears are so great that someone fell in love with him before he was finished!! bear_laugh

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Oh, he looks so sad waving goodbye to you. He's so sweet and must be even sweeter in person for him to reach a collecter before he's even finished. Have you every had that happen before.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yeah, that second photo really breaks my heart.
I wonder if our bear faces are a reflection of our mood/state of mind? Hmmm.... that's not good!

I've never had anyone buy an unfinished bear before...  and the fact it's the face we all fall in love with and this one's wasn't done, I worry if the new parents will like him just as much now that he has a face! I'm rather nervous about it. Yes, he has a sweet face, but that doesn't mean it's the same as when he wasn't finished or when the owner's fell in love with him. I'm not so sure I'll bring a bear with an unfinished face again to a show... the body, maybe. But this worrying about them liking the finished face is not a worry I need!
  bear_wacko

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Oh, Daphne, you're worrying for nothing. How could she not love this little face. That picture  makes me tear up every time I look at it. That's an amazing ability to touch people like that. I can look at your bears and see a little soul behind those eyes. Others on TT have that special touch, too, and I hope to develop it as I make more bears.

If his new mama doesn't like him he can certainly have a home with me bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub   and I promise to send you a picture every Christmas.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I really adore this series you are doing.  I agree with Marlys.  You are worry about nothing.  The new mommy will love him!!!  If not she needs her head examined...  :crackup:

bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub

Board footer