Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

K Pawz Guest

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around much, and posting as much....also sorry to any unanswered emails and PM's I am working on it.....we picked up a pregnant cat from the pound to foster that had been left in an apartment alone when her family moved out, she had no food or water for about a week until the landlord found her. Yesterday she blessed us with four gorgeous babies.

Here is Winnie, and her troop of 4, so far I know one is a boy and one is a girl, but haven't had a chance to check out the rest, they are squirmers!!!
four_babies.jpg

Hugs,
Krista

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Awwwwwwwww....cute!!!   Skippy just had 5!!!  Why do people just leave animals behind or dump them...GRRRRRRRR!!!  Makes me so angry!!!   Winnie is very lucky to have you taking care of her and her little brood.  They are adorable....can hardly wait to see MORE pics.

Hugs

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

What a sweet picture of mom and babies. They are so tiny and cute. Winnie looks plenty comfortable with you. You are their angel, Krista, and for so many other animals.

I just don't know how people could abandon their animals without food and water. If they could do that without contacting a shelter or your rescue group, I doubt that Winnie was treated very well at all. You're going to keep Winnie and the kitties, aren't you. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

Ohhh they are so sweet! What a kind hearted person you are! Not many people would want to foster a cat, let alone a pregnant cat. Yeah for you!!
I cant understand how anybody could possibly leave their pet behind...arrrghhhh, so frusterating to hear these kinds of stories, but I sure am glad it has had a happy ending.
A very Happy Mother's Day to kitty!

Bear Hugs,

Kim

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

They are very cute,

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

She seems really relaxed and friendly....  and doing a great job as a Mom
....good for you Krista...I am glad that you are there for her and the kitties.

Nothing more dusgusting than people that are mean to animals in my book.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Awwwwwww! How wondeerful that you not only adopted Winnie but you now have all her babies too. She looks a lovely cat with het black nose. What would these abandoned animals do without people like you Krista. Winnie and babies are lucky to have found you.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Awww sooo cute, no wonder you have your hands full  bear_grin

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Well done to you Krista - the world needs more people like you!!!!  What a beautiful cat - she looks very relaxed and contented in the picture.  And four lovely little kittens.  You must have your hands full with that little lot!!!

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

AWWW adorable bear_wub

loopylou Posts: 35

Well done you for taking in the cat, The kittens look so cute.  bear_original Bet you are so proud.

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

You are such an angel!!  bear_innocent

K Pawz Guest

Thanks everyone, I am quite the proud momma.....I saw your babies to Shantell and they sure are cuties too!!

Winnie will stay with us until all the babies are old enough to be adopted to carefully screened homes forever homes, and then she will stay with us until her carefully screened forever home is found as well, however long it takes she will have a place with us....but....nobody will be going anywhere until the kittens are 8 weeks old and Winnie is spayed!!! I would love to keep all of them, but with my house hold it is pretty full already, if I kept all that came through my doors I wouldn't have room left to help other like Winnie.It is hard letting them go, but so rewarding when you get emails and pictures from the adoptive homes telling you how great they are doing and how awesome they are. And my door is always open to any that are adopted out from my house that don't work out, they can always come back to try again, I actually had that happen with one of the momma cats from last year, she found her home, but the other cat didn't like her, so she came back here to me, and stayed a bit and then the most perfect home came along for her, so I guess the first home just wasn't meant to be.

Hugs,
Krista

Katrina's Miniatures Katrina's Miniatures
Website

That's so great!  How cool that you do that for cats!  The kitties are sooo cute!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Awwwhhhh  bear_wub   Thank heavens the landlord found her in time!! 

Its very irresponsible that they didn't at least take her to a shelter, or leave her outside.  bear_angry  I realize how hard it is to move and get into apartments with pets, and that lives and circumstances can change....but to leave your baby locked inside an empty house ~ that's just NOT acceptable  bear_angry

Well done for fostering her Krista  :clap:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Awww what a really touching story and so glad it turned out well, they all look to be doing good thanks to you Krista

Warm wishes
Pauline

K Pawz Guest

Thanks everyone....Momma is doing well, and she is such a love, she lets us hold her babies already without batting an eye..they are starting to get around a bit and crawl all over mom, I will get some more pictures soon...we now know that we have 2 girls and two boys who need names....so far we have panda and Hemi, but need another boy and girl name....so any suggestions would be great. I am hoping with her being so good with us touching the babies being handled will become second nature to them and they won't have a shy bone in their bodies, which makes them so much easier to adopt when they have no fear of humans and actually seek out their company.

Hugs,
Krista

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon
K Pawz wrote:

Momma is doing well, and she is such a love, she lets us hold her babies already without batting an eye.

Can she have a "little chat" with Skippy?  She needs a bit of encourgement in that department.    :crackup:   :crackup:   :crackup:

Although the kittens seems quite happy to come check me out...until a big ol' paw scoops them up...reminds me of some 1960-70's game show.

bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub    bear_wub

Board footer