Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Hi girls!

Judi, I was wondering if you got any further with the Ebay dilemma where the fella paid for the wrong bear. Did you manage to contact him and get the balance??

And Marie...what happened with the issue you had over the 'relatives' deceased estate that was in debt that they were trying to get you to pay for?? Did you see a solicitor and get it all sorted out?
Have been thinking of you both with your 'dilemmas'.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh I was just typing Judi the exact same question - good thing I hit reload LOL

Been thinking of Marie also - what's happening?

Danni

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Well Hayley and Danni, Thank you so much for thinking of me.  I was intending to find the post about that ebay issue and post an update but wasn't sure if anyone would really be interested.

Anyway, I filed an open dispute on ebay becuase the guy failed to respond to my emails.  He then emailed ,and was quite nice, stating that he thought the amount I had sent him in the invoice was too low.  He thought it may have been a typo and was planning to pay once he recieved the box so he would know how much to add for shipping.  Well, I had already told him what the shipping was. 

Sooooo, he wondered why I had sent the box to NY.  I sent it to the address that was in his paypal payment.  He said he moved two months ago to Florida and that he had updated his address with paypal.  Well, obviously it was not updated.

Anyway, the package was forwarded to his Florida adress as the post office in NY put white tape over his NY address and very sloppily hand scribbled his FL address on the upper right hand side of the box.  The buyers wife did not see thier address scribbled on the box.  All she saw was MY return address and thought that they had received it by mistake.  So the box came back to me unopened!!! Lucky me!

Great, now he HAD to finish paying for me to send the bear.  I was very nice to the guy and took the blame for the mix up...even though it was not my fault I received the incorrect address.

It took about three more very nice emails before he paid the balance.  He also left me positive feedback and I did the same.  SO everyone is happy in the end.

I would suggest to everyone that you make sure you have the correct address from paypal before sending a box.  Thankfully I had it insured so it could be traced.

Thanks for all your positive thoughts.  I am sure it helped!

Australia

Oh yay!!!!!!!!  bear_laugh  All's well that ends well!!!!   What a fortunate turn of events... funny how things work out isn't it?

Congrats on such a great ending!
Danni

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

SO GLAD it worked out well, Judi!!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Hayley and everyone!

I am so glad hear that Judi's case went well. :)

Hayley, sorry to let you worry about me.( everyone else too ! sorry !)
My kindred Mrs. K was died about 1year ago(which I never heard in my life even my mom don't know her) and
she had no child or parent alive so some how I became the 8th heritage successor. well no one contacted me for this case
until the Mrs. H sue me to pay the dept of Mrs. K because I was the 8th heritage successor.
I don't know how this was happen to me and this is only my presumption but..
I think The Mrs.H was not in title to inherited Mrs.K's heritage but claimed court to inherited the heritage because
Mrs.K owes something to Mrs.H.  But court did not accept her request and she found about me. who didn't know
what is going on and who did not claim her heritage yet......
In first place I did not claim the heritage because I am so far(in relative wise..)from her and maybe the
1th-7th heritage successor are all not knowing about this !
Anyhow..
I contacted the court and consults with attorney and I decide to quit accepting Mrs.K's heritage(I feel I have no right and the price was
not enough for getting to this trouble!!!)and tell Mrs.H that I am not the heritage successor anymore so she has no right to sue me anymore.
The problem now is To quit heritage successor....I had to prove the relationship with the kindred who dies to fill out the paper work !!!
Being protected in private information protective low it is so hard to get those information..........I had to contact so many public office
to collect the relationship confirmation paper but I am almost done with collecting them . Hope we will manage this with no hurt for
everyone.
Now I know the I had the kindred name Mrs.K and I am so sorry she had no child to claim her heritage and some one asking for it
and messing things up. I just pray for Mrs.K  and wish she is be in safe place now and I will remember her from now on....
Oh boy, sorry for long story with my boo-boos English.

Thank you for you thoughts,
Marie

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yay!!!!

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Judi, I am SO GLAD that your ordeal turned out so well!
Honestly, can you imagine paying hundreds of dollars for something to be mailed to you without confirming your address?? Yikes!
Sounds like he was being lest than upfront with his wife too huh? So who pays for it to be resent??

You must have laughed out loud with releif when that box turned up at your door! Yay for Judi!

Marie,
Sounds like this whole thing has been one HUGE headache for you. I'll bet you wish you had never heard of Mrs K now!:/
Still, at least it won't cost you a heap to pay her debt now. Life is so complex!
Glad to hear it is under control and will be over soon.
Hugs to you,;)

Australia

Hrmmm what a sorded mess Maree, sounds like it has been sorted out OK though.

We're all happy for you Maree!
Danni

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh So glad to hear that you got your $$, Judi! Call me suspicious, but I suspect this guy is honest only when caught!

What on earth made you think we wouldn't be interested? Sheesh! :/

Marie, I hope your ordeal is almost over. What a pain. It's awful that you must go through all that paperwork and red tape when you didn't even ask to be involved. :(

Eileen

Deb Upstate New York

Judi ~ Good grief bear_laugh  Love it when the good guy wins!

Marie ~ Good grief bear_sad  What a mess.  Hopefully all is resolved.

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Judi, I posted a thread along time ago about 'what happened' but I don't think you saw it.  Yes, there were a lot of us who worried about what was going on...so I am glad to hear how fortunate you were.  It is so easy to get things all messed up but clearly the address thing , which was his error, turned out to be the best thing for you.

Marie...these kind of things are always a learning lesson and we have all learned something new from your experience.
Thanks for sharing,
Nanc.........

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Marie, what a headache for.  Very glad to hear things are working out.  We are all pulling for you.

Nanc, I must not have seen your post but thank you for thinkingof me. :)

Thank you EVERYONE for caring!!!!!  BIG HUGS!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Judi and Marie I am glad things seem to be working out finally.  It must have been so frustrating for both of you .

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Judi - I knew it would all work out bear_original

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Wow Judi... that DID all work out... Chalk one up for the good guys!  How fortuitous that he had not changed his shipping info!  That certainly put the proverbial "ball" (well bear) back in your court!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

oh...you're not kidding about the ball (bear) being swacked back in my court.  I could not believe my luck when I got the box back...unopended!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

yayyyyyyy for Judi....HE does work in mysterious ways, his wonders to perform!

Marie, you have to know that the gollies and I love you to pieces, no matter how 'boo-boos" your English is.  Think about it....can you imagine if WE were trying Japanese?!?!?! bear_grin:lol::lol:

I am glad it is working out for yopu, how very interesting the laws are in Japan.  I am glad that the inheritance isn't enough to bother you with, although it does seem to be enough for that other lady....welll have at it Mrs. H :P

hugies to both you beautiful ladies

dilu

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Marie . . . hope all of that trouble ends soon!  Goodness, people like Mrs. H can be sooo greedy!  Best of luck to you!

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Judi - so glad to hear it worked out so well. You must be so relieve. Funny story now in hindsight, thanks for sharing. Of course we always wait impatiently to hear how things like this work out in the end. :)

Marie - sounds like a lot of work. I hope it works out soon.

Hugs

Sabine

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

angel3.jpgOh everyone, thank you very much for your comment !  bear_original You are all toooooo sweet ♪

Hugs/Marie

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh my gosh Judi!  Wow!!  That really worked out... I was astounded when I read that your bear was returned to you unopend bear_grin

Marie, I'm so glad things will work out.  I understand how aggrevating all that paperwork and running around must be... but at least it will work out in the end.

I've been thinking about ya both too.. glad it's working out.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Marie - I am so glad that you are sorting out the mess.  You are so sweet and dont deserve to get in a mess like that (working at a lawfirm I see this almost on a daily basis).

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Hayley and everyone !! bear_laugh
So sorry to bring this post up but I just want to let you know
that my un-known 'relatives' sue case is finished  !  :thumbsup:
They drop the appeal and I don't owe anything to anybody !!!

I had to go to the court many times for this case and I had to take day off from my work (for few days) and had to stop bear making (for few days) from this summer and now I don't have to go there anymore !
Thank you all very much for  your support and
I really appreciate that you all was here for me.  :hug:
Love you all !!!!!  bear_wub

Hugs/Marie  bear_flower

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Marie, that's just a great Christmas present, don't you think??!! bear_wub  bear_flower  :clap:  :pray:  :hug:

I'm happy for you, and glad everything ended that well. bear_flower  bear_wub  bear_smile

Julia :hug:  :dance:

Board footer