Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Once my natural light fades with the sunset my studio lighting pretty much stinks...I need some new lighting!!

Anyone here use an Ott Lite ?  I've been looking at them for a while and just found them on sale at Joann's online for 50% off + $5 shipping on entire order (good deal!).   If you use one, what one do you use and does it make a big difference for you? 

:hug:
~Chrissi

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Hi Chrissi,

I have the little Ott-Lite task lamp that I just set up beside me on a lamp table so I can work on my mini bears in the evening.

I find it really good and can't do without it now.  It's particularly good for seeing true colours at night.  I've been working on a cross stitch that has about 50 shades of browns and beiges, bit of a nightmare - but with this lamp I can see the subtle shade differences.

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

I love bear_wub  my Ott light, it is wonderful. Get one you will love it too!
Dorothy

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hi Chrissi,

I also use an Ott light and couldn't live without it. I have the portable task light and even take it with me when I go on vacation. It definitely makes working on bears or any other needlework easier.

Hugs,

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

I use an Ott Lite, it's really nice!  I think mine is the Craft Plus, 24 watt (???) if I am remembering correctly.  However, don't get the dark grey floor lamp Ott Lite that swivels, we had one and it snapped in two at the pivot point with light (no pun intended) use.  Ack!

Kelly

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

I use ott lite too. Can't do without it. It is the best thing you can buy.

:hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Get one Chrissi, you won't know how you lived without it bear_original  I have a standing floor one, I like that I can have it over my shoulder or wherever I want it..that I don't have to have it over a desk.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I LOVE my OTT light.  I don't have a "real" one but I have a knock-off brand I bought at my local Tuesday Morning.  My whole family wanted one after they saw mine so I ended up buying three more.  They're great and I use them to take photos of my bears too.  I bring them outside on my front porch for extra lighting.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I use an Ott lamp table model. It's about 12" high and maybe 4.5" deep. You lift the light part from the stand to turn the light on and close it back to turn it off. There's flexibility also in the angle of the light. I use it mostly for beading along with a magnifier. It's very portable and I take it with me to beading classes.

I have a heavier table lamp made by Daylight. It's not so portable but has a magnifier with it. I purchased from and you can see it at:

http://www.firemountaingems.com/shoppin … WTOOLLAMPS

It's the top light and right below it is a similar light to my OTT light.

Katrina's Miniatures Katrina's Miniatures
Website

OTT lights are absolutely wonderful.  My mom and I share, and we both love them.  They have such a great, pure, white light.  You'll be really happy with one.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

I have the same kind of Ott light as Marlys and it is great although I have to say I rarely use mine for sewing since I moved to this place. We have such huge windows all around that the natural lighting is great and I don't seem to sew in the evenings much any more. If I do need extra light or am sewing at night then I use a halogen light that sits beside my chair and is brighter than my Ott light - although not the natural light like the Ott. I do use my Ott light more for taking photos now as supplement light if I can't get enough light from the window. I rarely take photos outdoors anymore as the light from the window here is so good and it is so often windy outside in this part of the country! I really don't think you will regret getting an Ott!

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

I can do without a few things, but not my Ott lamp! ... I can sew without eye strain and matching colors is a snap under the Ott light.   I have a table lamp that comes with additional hardware to attach it to my sewing table and I too bought it when JoAnne was having a 50% Off sale.   You won't regret purchasing one and the bulb is suppose to last for quite a long time.

Hugs,

Wanda

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Absolutely...get an Ott....

Hey... where can we all get a discount now?..for advertising for Ott?   lol

Board footer