Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

It was just a few months ago that so many of you were praying for my beautiful daughter when she was so ill in the hospital. Well, this is a good update. Kellisa has been doing well. She is currently finishing her first year of college.

Kellisa recently agreed to be photographed and interviewed for our hospital's magazine. Our hospital is expanding and Kellisa was a part of the campaign a few years ago to get funds for the hospital. To our surprise they used Kellisa for one of their billboards. Check it out:

http://web.mac.com/designedbykm/iWeb/Si … board.html

Thanks again for all of your prayers for Kellisa.
Hugs~
Kathy

majdle Posts: 130
Website

Kellisa is sure a hero...just like all the kid fighting this disease..YOU GO, GIRL!!!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Kathy... first of all... a HUGE HUG and congrats to Kellisa for her strength!!  That must have been so cool to see... especially the first time.  She looks AWESOME!

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Ahhh so glad to hear that Kellisa is doing great, you must be sooooo proud of her.A true hero. and your right she is beautiful. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

So glad to hear that Kellisa is doing well!  Look at her up on that billboard, such a cutie.  Her strength makes her the perfect girl for the job!

:hug:
~Chrissi

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I'm so glad Kellisa's doing better. She's a very pretty girl and I know you are beyond proud. She must be a very special person for the hospital to recognize her in this way.

Congratulations on the health news and the billboard. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

what a beautiful, brave daughter you have!!!  You must be beyond proud to see her on a billboard!!!  Well done to her!!! bear_flower

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh Kathy!!!!!  So glad to hear this great news!  I know that you area super proud Mom!!!  Give her a BIG hug from me!   bear_smile

Kim Basta

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I'm so glad that Kellisa is doing better.  My best wishes for her always.

And no wonder they chose to use her for a billboard.  She's gorgeous!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

You must be so very proud of her!!!   bear_flower   Not only is she making a huge difference, but your gorgeous girl's on a billboard making a difference  :clap:  :clap:  Way to go!  :clap:

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Kathy
So glad to hear your daughter is doing well and I hope her good health continues. What a thrill to see yourself on a billboard. How are the wedding plans coming?
Hugs
Gail :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

How wonderful!  Lovely tribute to a very courageous young lady!  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Kathy, that is wonderful news! It would be very exciting to see yourself (or your daughter) on a billboard. Kellisa sounds like a strong and very determined person. Good for her!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

That is wonderful to have your beautiful daughter on the bill board and how very proud you must be of her.
Glad to hear that she is doing well and best wishes in the future.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Whoo Hoo !! Movie star !!!! Isn't that too cool ! I am so glad she is feeling better and that smile !! It is contagious !!!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

That is really exciting Kathy and I am glad she is doing so well.  Kelissa sounds like such a fighter and hero who deserves to represent this hospital on a billboard.   She is beautiful too !  Bravo !

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kathy this is amazing.  Gosh, how difficult this must be for your daughter to deal with CF, but seeing that billboard must give her goosebumps...it did for me. bear_thumb  :dance:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Kellisa is so beautiful Kathy, so glad she is doing good  :dance:  :hug:

Warm wishes
Pauline

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Thank you all so very much.

I will definitely let Kellisa know that you are all proud of her. Kellisa is focused on her education right now. Her goal is to earn a Masters so that she can become a counselor for families who have deal with chronic illnesses.

We are definitely thrilled that our hospital chose her as a good representative of their hospital. I am actually surprised that they did because when Kellisa is in the hospital Kellisa and I are both very pro-active and we tend to be very loud and demanding when it comes to her care. We try to catch every error we can and we let them know about it ...whether it be a nurse or a doctor who makes the mistake...maybe that's why so many people recognize Kel  (she makes her presence known and demands the right answers and the best care...as we all should).

Gail, thanks for asking about Kel's wedding plans. She has decided that a long engagement would be better since her current priority is her education. She knows that once she becomes a military wife (Coast Guard) that she will be moving around a lot.

Hugs to all  :hug:
Kathy

chris009av Real Deal Bears

What a wonderful, brave daughter you have, and doesn't she make a beautiful billboard.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
I hope all her dreams come true, with her education and wedding plans.  What a beautiful bride she will be.
You must be sooo proud of her Kathy.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Truely an amazing  person your daughter Kathy. You must be extremely proud. Having shown so much strength and potential at such a young age, I wonder what part of our future she will shape.
She is most definitely destined for BIG things.  :clap:  :hug:  :dance:
Wendy bear_thumb

Stellajella Wien

Kathy, what a pretty daugther you have!
She looks really good on the bill board, and I find the idea really geat, but I guess, all of you would be much happier, if this billboard were for toothpaste or something else.

I wish her and you all the best!

Gaby bear_flower

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

That's great that Kellisa is doing well.  How cool to have your own billboard!   :dance:  :clap:

Board footer