Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pages:
SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, folks . . . we have another one looming down on us, but at least maybe we'll be a little more prepared for this one.  Hurricane Rita is projected to slam into the Texas coast as a category 4 on Friday.  Texas still has thousands upon thousand of evacuees from Louisiana, so it going to be an even tougher situation when residents along the coast start moving inland.  Just heard on the news that Dallas is predicted to have 10,000 more people coming in the next few days . . . WOW!  If the storm stays on course, we (as in my particular area) are supposed to have multiple inch rains and high wind - and we're hundreds of miles from the coast.  Please keeps your fingers and toes crossed that can handle this one more effectively than Katrina.  You know, I think Mother Nature must be a tad angry with us - and there are still two more months left of the hurricane season!  Anyhoo, thanks for indulging my anxiety!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I thought of you instantly when I heard the forecast for Rita on the news tonight, Sue Ann. Wondered how you'd be effected so far inland and what that meant for the evacuees already in TX. Fingers, toes, knees and eyes are crossed!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I'm saying my most heart felt prayers for you and all that will be affected Sue Ann.Please take care.Hugs,shari.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh no...how scare to think that another hurricane is coming to your way.

I will keep my fingers and "toes" crosse and thinking
of you.

Marie

Deb Upstate New York

SueAnn ~

Keep safe and keep us informed!
s015.gif

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Sue Ann, I pray that this hurricane will not be as bad as predicted.  Stay safe !

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Good grief, when will it end?  Can the world even take any more death, suffering, and misery?  Honestly, I think my own heart might soon break from it all.

I'll be thinking of you till all blows over, literally, Sue Ann, and of everyone in Texas and anywhere this foul weather may visit.  Keep safe and dry, please!

teddy_bears_org USA - Florida

Good Look over there... We just got allot of wind last night and a bunch of rain. Seems the hurricanes are kind to us this year, and work you over this year. I know how you feel, we got beat up pretty bad last year.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Yep, Florida, you have had your share for sure!  Thanks everybody!  The Dallas area (and other metropolitan areas, I'm sure) has been taking in hundreds of the poor animals that were left in New Orleans, so rescue organizations and shelters are scurrying to get these animals adopted.  We have our application in for a 5 year old Lhasa Apso mix and are supposed to pick him up on Saturday.  I'm just hoping so much that the weather won't interfere with that! bear_ermm  Thank you again for your good vibes!

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Sue Ann...we lived in Boca, Clearwater and Sarasota and I can tell you that I miss Florida so much, but I sure don't miss the way the hurricanes have been the last couple of years.
I have everything crossed, including my nose hairs...but most importantly I have you and your family included in my prayer list.  Boy, I tell you, it takes me 45 minutes just to get to bed, lately!
Please keep us informed as to how you are doing.  I am sure you will lose power (we do here in GA everytime one hits the Gulf Shores, Pennsi area)...but remember we will all be on pins and needles waiting for news.
Nanc......

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Xfingers, Will pray that all be well!!!!:/

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I'll be thinking of you Sue Ann, and everyone else affected by these terrible storms. And I'll be hope, hope, hoping that this hurricane loses some power before it hits land.....

Take care.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh how lovely of you adopting a doggie in so much need. Good luck with it - hope he turns out to be the perfect pooch!

Danni

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Praying for you up here, Sue Ann!

And bless you for adopting that little dog--pictures when available, please?

Eileen

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Sue Ann, sending prayers your way... hope it blows out into the ocean bear_sad

Deb Upstate New York

We're already at "R".  Only Stan, Tammy, Vince and Wilma to go then we have to be  done, whether the season is over or not!

SueAnn ~ Congrats on your adoption!

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Sue Ann - Keep safe and I hope your new dog will arrive with you ok- I'm sure he'll need lots of love after all the trauma - I just hope he doesn't get scared by all this weather predicted.  I'll be thinking of you all. 

Hugs that will keep the wind away!
Catherine

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Sue Ann -

Hold on and stay safe.  Had a few nasty squalls yesterday and last night up here in West Palm Beach.  Very gloomy and rainy and windy today, but I'll take that over the alternative any day.  I agree with you that the forces of nature surely are agitated, mad or truly just p_____ off and I wish it would just GET OVER IT and leave us alone.  Take care, I hope Rita whimps out big time.  Please try to send us a picture of your new doggie.  I think it is wonderful that you are adopting an older dog.

Jill

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

good wishes going your way.  All this bad weather must be the snake in the paradise that you live in most of the time.
Good luck with you new dog - I'm sure he's be thrilled to get out of the shelter and into a stable loving home.

Marion

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Sue Ann...Really thinking about you..we keep getting up-dates on the hurricane...even though we're in the UK...unfortunately it's news we'd rather not hear...ie ....If only it wasn't happening....

Jenny

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I also immediately thought of you (and a couple other of my bear friends) that live in the Texas area when I heard it on the news. 
I love the internet and how it makes our world ever so much smaller... the only drawback.... every time you hear about bad weather, natural disasters, etc... you are bound to know someone living smack in the middle of it!  Well, I guess it's not exactly BAD... the worrying is bad!  Stay safe Sue Ann... know we are thinking of you!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Sue Anne praying for you! :)Stay safe and keep us posted.

The weather does seem to be getting worse each year. The end times seem to be right around the corner.

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Dear Sue Ann,

For me being still in Texas, but quite a distance from the coast, they do not forsee much for us but maybe showers this weekend. We all pray that it will rapidly down grade when it hits land. Please keep use informed of your situation. We are all thinking of you, our friend, and your safety.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Thanks to you all for the safe wishes!  As of now, Rita is a category 4 hurricane at winds of 150+ mph.  It goes to a category 5 at 155 mph.  All projections are for it to make landfall between Corpus Christi and Galveston.  Hopefully, it won't be as devastating as Katrina since the eye won't pass over a large city . . . and Galveston, CC, and Houston are slightly above sea level, not below.  But Galveston was all but obliterated way back in 1900 by some unnamed storm that killed between 6,000 and 12,000 people.  Surely that history won't repeat itself!!  my area is supposed to get hit by the rain and wind sometime Saturday and it will continue on Sunday.  For sure, I will post photos of our new pup (whose name, by the way, is Tobey!) as soon as I can get him.  We're excited to have a doggie again, but still miss our little American Eskimo Cissy very much.  Thanks again for wishing us well!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Sue Ann i was thinking ABOUT  you and offering up prayers this morning, I hope you and yours will be allright.

I have and Aunt and Uncle and cousins in Houston.  Hmmmm (They are the ones that brought their own bellhop cockroaches whenever they came to visit)  I hope they will be alright, I am sure they will, but maybe all the cockroaches could for a swim?  Hmmmmm

Keep us posted Miss Sue Ann- we will want to know you are alright.....

hugs

Dilu

Pages:

Board footer