Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Brenda, sending you a big hug,

Lynette

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

I'm totally with you on that! and thanks to you Ringo went to a good home :clap: I also have many degus [they had babies and I couldn't give them up ] and there was this one degu that is the sweetest thing and a guy had bought it for his snake, lets just say this snake was too small for a degu, so the degu kept biting the snake and the guy got mad and decided to slam the pooor degu against the wall!!!!!!! the little animal was having seizures and couldn't even walk when I rescued her. Her living conditions were pathetic! I took her home and gave her love, food and she is great now. She has a healthy appetite and always runs on her wheel. It still makes me sick to think of her torture bear_cry a good ending though bear_wub I HATE :twisted: people that are like that with animals!

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Awww Brenda, so sorry to hear about your loss.   bear_sad
no matter how big or how small, our pets meen the world to us and it's so sad when they pass away.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked  Good thing you stepped in for that poor degu ....and snake.  I do hope that fella rethought his feeding tactics and got something far more suitable.  I'm sure Miss Degu was thrilled to have another chance at life  bear_wub

I've kept snakes as well in the past, and honestly, I think so many people get them just because they want to see one animal eating another  bear_sad   Found the same thing with people that wanted oscars and similar 'fish eaters'.  They were stunned when I didn't sell feeder fish, but instead tried to get them something far better nutritionally to feed their fish. 

Yep, Ringo was my first pet rat (of only two...I rescued another from the same store after she didn't want to be a mommy).  He was only with me for two very short years, but I've soooo many happy memories from him.    bear_wub

Board footer