Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Oh my gosh, Sue Ann...tell me you are not in Corpus Christi or Galveston...Say it 'ain't so' !!!

Deb Upstate New York

Hey Nanc ~ I think Double Oak is up toward Dallas more.  She'll get plenty of rain and wind I bet.  Looks about 450 miles from the coast on the map I have here (@ 700 kilometers for everyone in the rest of the world concerned about SueAnn).

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Thankfully no, I'm not near the coast . . . I'm way inland!  And yes, our forecast is for heavy wind and rain . . . but think we'll be fine if the wind doesn't blow any of our trees on top of the house! bear_grin As far as I can tell, the projected path of Rita goes right through my area . . . but after it's been on land awhile!  If you look at the "World Map of Users", you can see where I am in relationship to the coast.  Thanks much for your concern and big hugs,

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I was really glad to hear that you are not near the path of Rita and hope that it will blow itself
out to sea away from the land. What a worry for a lot of people living near the Coast.
Stay safe

Hugs
Carolyn

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Sue-Ann, I can't believe that hurricane Rita is so big bear_sad but
I'm glad you are not near to cost side...
but still I'm wishing you wont get too much heavy rain and for your safety.
Hugs/Marie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Actually, I'm about 250 miles from the coast and it is still projected to come right across our area.  But think it will be very much weakened by the time it hits us.  Thanks for all your concerns . . . 1 million people have evacuated so far and I'm so glad that there won't be the loss of life that happened with Katrina!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Sue Ann,

One of my Chinese students tells me that China has great experience in flood-disaster management. He's been watching the US coverage, and says that it's not a matter of blaming anyone, and that all we need is more experience! Ack!

Still, it wouldn't hurt to find out what China does.

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Think we ought to send that suggestion off to the Bush-man??!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_ermm Are we still speaking to China? :lol:

I'm a little surprised that the Chinese haven't offered their expertise (so is my student Huyang). Or if they have, that Bush hasn't taken advantage of it. Apparently they prevent thousands of deaths by moving in fast or in advance. I don't think anybody in N. America understood how bad it could be.

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Hi to all of you very nice people who were concerned about Rita.  Because she made that turn to the east, my area missed getting roughed up!  It was cloudy today and there was a stiff breeze, but certainly not anything like what had first been predicted.  The wind stripped some leaves off our trees, but I can certainly live with that!!  I am also thankful that - because of the massive evacuation (almost 3 million people!!) - there was no loss of life or even any reported injuries except for one fatality today in Mississippi!  New Orleans, though, got battered and flooded again.  I just hope so much that there won't be any more of Mother Nature's wrath for awhile - though hurricane season won't be over until sometime in November.  Big sigh!  There was still a LOT of destruction in Rita's path . . . but the devastation didn't match Katrina's, and that is so fortunate.  Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers during this uneasy time . . . you Teddy Talkers are great souls!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Sue Ann !
I am so glad that you were ok ! :D:):D
Sorry for the strong wind bear_sad and extra work for cleaning your garden do..

Hugs/Marie

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Sue Ann, I was thinking of you whilst in hospital when I heard about RITA. I remembered that
you lived well in from the coast but I was still concerned for you and your families safety. I'm pleased to hear that everything is ok and that your all safe. Lets hope that's the end to the massive hurricanes and that no more natural disasters occur. I think the planet has had a fair old bashing lately and nature should take a rest.

Jane.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Whew, Sue Ann!

Welcome to the wonderful world of autumn leaves! It's great exercise ;)

Eileen

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Yay SueAnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Glad to know everything is alright.

Jill

Board footer