Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I stupidly registered for my Extreme Sculpting class right before my eye surgery...how dopey was that...BUT...I've been trying to read over the chapters as she releases them (Nancy doesn't let you worked ahead...clever woman) and have yet to actually apply anything to fur but so far...they are wonderful.  She makes it look so simple and downright "DUH...why didn't I think of that."  So if you haven't taken the opportunity to do one of her classes (I'm on #2....I did noses already...after my head shredding episode) I highly recommend the investment.  It's worth spending the money now on the class and then mohair later to get the look you are wanting in the end.  So with the knowledge from her classes combined with everything we get here...I should be a pro in no time.  Laughing hysterically...

So...GET REGISTERED!!!  I am not a paid sponsor...hee hee!!!

Shantell

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

I'm dreaming about these classes. Someday I'll do it for sure.

Julia

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

ebears3face.jpgebearssunny.jpgebearsbegginers.jpgCongrats Shantell♪

I should be a pro in no time.  Laughing hysterically...

Yes, you will be bear_grin I took 6th class with Nancy and of cause
the Extreme Sculpting class too♪ I hope to take more class with
Nancy and our Judi's exiting class.
Here is what I made from Nancy's class with her pattern.
1st one is Beginner Bear : I used Intercal mohair Quality 785V !
2nd one is Sunny(open mouth): I used bearycheap/226.
3rd one is fabulous face. : I used Intercal mohair Quality 820V !
Sorry for showing off......:P
I agree to Shantell♪   

PS. I think my photo is too big so I will delete soon.
Thanks/Marie

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Marie your bears are so lovely. I can't believe how far you have come in a short time.  Sunny is my favourite.
You are all good adverts for the classes.

Deb Upstate New York

Thanks for the nudge Shantell.  I just ordered two books from Amazon ~ 101 Bears to Make by Nancy, and another by Ted Menten.  They totalled over $25, so free postage from Amazon.  Whoohoo!  That'll keep me busy for awhile.  I'll target class for dead of Winter I think ... which uh ... is anytime through end of March here!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Are you printing up the lessons as you go?  Even though the pictures use a lot of color I still printed up my last class in color, because I want to be able to go back and have all the resources.

I think it's funny you signed up for the class before your surgery.  You poor dear, but when you signed up you weren't aving the probelms you are now.....but you do have the lesson plans to refer back to.

I am planning on taking the same class soon, sometime this winter when I need a lift.  Meanwhile I am signed up for one on needlefelting a bear face.  Pigmonkeybear needs a new face, since I hacked off the old one.

Hmmm  Hacked off the old one.....don't I have a friend in Oregon, somewhere up north, who hacked a whole bear head up? :lol::lol:

OK!  we'd better get back to work!

bear_tongue

Marie!  You doll you, look at those wonderful pictures!  Thank you!  They look so sweet and cuddely and beautiful!

bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Marie . . . very nice work, Girl!!  Those bears are wonderful!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Marie, your critters are wonderful--so are the EZBear courses, I know.

I'm taking the Business of Bears (stop me if you've heard this one before, quoth the greybeard loon), and it's really helping me to get into the commercial headset.

I was poised to take Extreme Sculpting or Needlefelting, but then got an email from the HSUS with links to videos and slide shows of post Katrina animal rescues. I couldn't stand it, so I sent $50 US. Just a drop in the bucket, as it were, but it may save somebody's Lucy.

It's heartbreaking--rescue boats and copters had just enough room for human survivors, and many had to leave their pets behind. Many others stayed behind rather than abandon their pets.

So now I'll stay ignorant a bit longer, but I feel a bit better. If I could, I'd be down there getting in everybody's way, and then come home with a dozen dogs and several dozen cats! Maybe a ferret.

Eileen

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I donated money to HSUS also...I'm a sucker for animals...even the stupid skunk who has now brought her babies to eat out of the cats dish...AUGH!!!

Marie, your bears are beautiful...I can hardly wait to be able to see well enough to try these new techniques.

Yes, Dilu...I'm actually saving the information on my harddrive so I can print it out later.   I had planned on doing that anyway...but now it's even more important.  I've been to Portland every day this week...I'm exhausted from just being in the car...and my eye still hurts.  Dang it...I think that man has it out for me.  bear_original  I almost wet my pants when I read what you said about  poor pigmonkeybear....the faceless wonder!!  Hurry and give that little one a face bear_original

Love to all

Shantell

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Nice to know the classes are good. I'm going to take the pattern design one on Oct.
Marie, wonderful bears!! You do some very nice open mouths. Oh, and your picures aren't too big at all.
Heather

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Marie, your work is really incredible.  You've been holding out on us.  Thanks for sharing... bear_happy

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

WOW!  Fabulous bears!  I have so much resept and admiration for those who can teach!  Teaching is an art form all by itself in my book!  I am a lousy "teacher!"

Beray trul yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi !  Thanks for your wonderful comment of my bears ( Nancy's pattern bears) . :D
I am very lucky person!!! I found fabulous teacher Nancy(at E-bearz U) and more fabulous thing is this! TT !
Thanks for Intercal and Help Adviser(+more Artist and Teddy person!) who are so kind to share
there knowledge!! :)

Shantell... Yes,  I can't wait to see your finish bear at E-bearz class. Have a fun ! Learning is so fun. :D

Hugs/Marie

Aww Marie- you said it all.....

dilu:P

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Hi marie; i especially love the first one

Board footer