Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Alright who out here has ever made bears by flashlight????

Last night mum and I were finishing up and the power went out due to the storm.
So, we still had some work to do and used our flashlights to see.  Needless to say it was interesting working with limited lighting.
After about an hour the lights came back on but by then we were getting ready for bed.

Mum was using her sewing machine and turning the fly wheel by hand, but she kept putting her foot on the foot feed.  :crackup:  We both had a good laugh about that.

Maelynn stayed the night and had fun with glow sticks and flashlights.  She also kept Grammie entertained with stories.

Off to the work room.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  Can't say that I've ever tried to sew without electricity.  I just get out some crossword puzzles and work those by candlelight or flashlight when our power goes off.  How cute that Maelynn enjoyed being in the dark with Uncle Jared and Grammie.

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

We're talking dedication here Jared!  Nope...never tried that....

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

Several of my bears were born in flashlight Here in Florida the power goes out constantly. In the summer and during the rainy season the power is more off than on and during the hurricane season we sometimes don't have power for more than a week.

Since I could never be that long without working on a bear or its clothing I use these flashlights that you hold in place with a strip that goes around your head and leaves your hands free (like the cave explorers e.g. use). Doesn't look pretty, I would even say rather scary, but worksl And I have them already lined up for 2007, fresh batteries, etc.

A "newborn bear baby" might get the "shock of his life" opening his/her eyes, looking at me for the first time with the light strapped around my head shining directly into his/her face. lol

Hugs,
Marion bear_original

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Yes, I agree with Veronica....that is true dedication!
bear_thumb ~ Kathy

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

I have a booklight that goes over my ear so if I'm working on a bear while traveling in a car and the sun goes down I can finish what I am working on. Also, as Marion said living in Florida with all the power outages I am always working on something by flashlight.

Hugs,

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

As long as you are not driving the car too Gijzette....lol

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Wow, now that's some dedication  :clap:  :clap:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Candlelight... I've needlefelted by candlelight. Now, that's an accident waiting to happen! I don't recommend it. I've since insisted that my husband actually PUT THE FLASHLIGHT BACK where it belongs so I don't have to search for it in the dark! I imagine working by flashlight to be a little easier!

Polo, IL

Teddy Bears and candles don't mix to well.

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hi Veronica,

Nope....usually only when I'm the passenger.

I agree bears and candlelight don't mix very well. You have to sit too close to the candle and then the bears gets singed. OUCH!!!

Hugs,

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I use hurricane lamps or the jar candles... I'm not dumb enough to needlefelt or sew right next to an open flame! Give me a little credit, guys! bear_tongue

Polo, IL

Daphne -
Come now we have to have a little fun! bear_grin

Board footer