Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hey everyone.   I had mentioned in the Showcase area in my charity bear post that we should submit photos of our charity bears to some magazines.

I thought I would start a new thread so we could all brain storm.

Here are my thoughts:

I think it would be nice if all of our photos were submitted togteher.  This would eliminate the chance of someone being left out.:(

Maybe someone could burn all the photos to a CD then mail it to Teddy Bear and Friends, Teddy Bear Review and any other magazines. Or email the photos together to these places.  Maybe even teddy bear websites.

Definitely Nancy Tillberg needs the proper credit for the design of these bears but we could include the name of each artist that made each bear.

It doesn't need to be complicated but it sure would be nice to get these bears noticed. Publicity would help sell these bears for some great prices.  Don't you think so?

What are your thoughts and ideas?

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

It sounds like a great idea but I'm very overwhelmed in life right now and can't take it on.  I'd be happy to be supportive to whomever does, though.

Thanks for bringing it up, Judi.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Shelli,I hope you are oaky,I've noticed you havn't been posting as much and  hoped it was because you were busy not because you were unwell.
hugs to you and let us know how you are.
Blessings,shari.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I would like to participate - My computer isnt the best and I dont have the greatest software, maybe someone else could help with that portion - it would be nice to be in a magazine since I cannot afford to advertise on my own bear_original  I'll help any way I can but think I will leave the downloading to the pros ;)

Shelli - I hope all is well

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh I love this idea, Judi!

I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

I guess I'd better start by finishing my bear, haha. Got to trim her a bit more, then go out and find a piece of ribbon, not to mention take a clear photo, and I'm done.

I think regular charity auctions could only do the bear industry good!

Eileen

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

That is a great idea, Judi. I will be away for the next week, but I will home again on Friday the 30th and I can help after that.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

One little thought.

The magazines won't show our ad/photos until AFTER the auction as the deadline for the nov/dec issue for most mags has passed. Won't help with this auction.

We could get an add put on the major bear sites and do up a flyer that we could all print out to take to teddy bear shows we do between now and the auction. Which, I need to go see exactly what the date(s) are for it!

Anyway, just thinking out loud here....... not meaning to burst any bubbles!

Daphne

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

HUGS to Shelli, first of all ...just in case she needs them.

Great to see interest in this topic.  YAY.  You've got a very good point. Daphne, about making it into the mags after the auctions.  I still think it would be a neat idea anyway just to show the public some more good things that bear artist's have done to help others.

I do like your idea of the website.  Does anyone have soem good ideas for websites?  I know North Country Teddy Bears already has thihngs rolling...but the more the merrier.

Board footer