Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Hey ladies! :D

My dear hubby is expanding his web design focus, and wondered what you all pay for your sites. He currently makes sites for real estate agents with listings. He's been approached to make an online store (similar to what we'd all want for our bears but for some other merchandise...) and wondered what was the going rate for that type of site.

Any input would be helpful. Even what you would pay for a site would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!! bear_happy

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kirsten,
I think many of us design our own and pay for hosting. Some hosting companies offer templates to set up our sites or we have our own design software. For a majority here we aren't making the kind of money necessary to pay someone $500 or more to design our sites for us.

You may want to check out Nancy Tilberg's site for webdesign http://www.timberlineweb.com/ as she offers web design for bear artists and I think her pricing may be there, to give you an idea. I know at least a couple of artists here use her.

Good luck to your hubby with his new adventure.

By the way... how are you feeling? Do you know if it's a boy or girl? Did I miss that post?

Hugs,
Daphne

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Hi all. I'm not looking for hosting prices, I was wondering if you pay someone to design your site, what range do you pay or what is considered fair? $100? $200? My hubby was asked to do a type of site he doesn't normally do with a catalogue type set up for an online store.

Thanks for the input, still looking for more... ;)

Daphne - I had to switch OBs and I see the DR Oct 17 and then we'll schedule the gender u/s. So its still a baby peanut to us! I am feeling pretty good, so tired back at work, bears are not being finished!! bear_rolleyes (or even started)

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Hi Kirsten,
It's really nice to hear from you again Kirsten - i hope you are feeling well.

I just pay for hosting but i would be willing to up to $200 for a well designed site although i would have to have full ownership and control over updates as i can't bear to have to ask someone else do it for me (i'm struggling my way through html at the moment so i have full control).

Good Luck to your husband with web designing

Penny bear_laugh

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Kirsten,

My web-site was designed by a guy who had just started up his business and the cost
to me was $900 NZ if paid by a certain date and if longer was $1,100.
This seems to be about the going rate over here.
My site could do with a bit of a revamp as there are a few things that the designer
would like to change.

Good to hear from you again and i hope that you are keeping well.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_original

tinybear The SleepingElf
UK

Hi sweetie ,I did my site myself , I found when I was useing someone else to do my site , it was out of date as soon as it was published , but I dont know a thing about HTML , So I used Tri-pod , its point and click , you upload pictures from your hard drived to your own gallery in your account and its dead easy ...and free :)
I do pay extra ..about £4.00 I think it is , a month to have extra bandwidth and no adverts ,
but I also enjoy "playing" on it too

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Carrie Atwood!  I remember you from my short tenure at BAG a while back.  Welcome to TEDDY TALK, your work is wonderful.  I can't wait to see what you'll contribute here!

tinybear The SleepingElf
UK
Shelli wrote:

Carrie Atwood!  I remember you from my short tenure at BAG a while back.  Welcome to TEDDY TALK, your work is wonderful.  I can't wait to see what you'll contribute here!

Thanks sweetie , I got bogged down with Bag a bit , great group , lovely people LOADS of Mail LOL ,I LOVE the layout of a Forum
I am doing a class at the Bag Convention in October ....got to get the kits togeather bear_laugh

Board footer