Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

sarahjane Brisbane

Hi I was wondering what if any bonuses do you offer to your mailing list customers....I know some of you have a draw with a free bear, are there any other bonuses or discounts you offer?

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

At our Thanksgiving time, I send a TY to the members of my Advance Notice bear list, to thank them for the courtesy of their patronage during the year.
It's a certificate I create on the computer, for either a $$ amount or a % off one purchase, good during the following year.
They don't even have to keep track of it, as I've numbered them and they just tell me when they wish to use it - it's good for auctions, kits, materials, tools, whatever.
And free shipping is always on anything purchased (auctions, materials, etc) by my listees.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Hi Sarah bear_original  I offer 5% off all second bear orders from Jellybelly Bear parents...Otherwise orders of 2 or more bears get 5% off right off, 10% for orders of 3 or more, I get a lot of these types of bulk orders lol, keeps me busy but saves on packaging haha.  I think its important to give something back to customers, its nice and so often they become friends and you just want to.

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Hi All,
I usually offer a free gift when somone from my mail list visits me at my table at a show. The gifts are usually things that I pick up during the year. I found some really great teddy bear key chains at a store that was going out of business a little over a year ago, so I have used those. Otherwise, I have a little box of treasures mosty all teddy bear related. I have had ted socks, coffee mugs etc & I let the vistor choose.  I only ask that the visitor tell me that they are on my list. It is fun because it is a great way to get someone to come to your booth & is a good way to start a conversation.
TTFN
Amy

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I sometimes offer a discount to my mailing list friends... and also.. I give "sneak previews"... a chance to adopt a bear before it is on the public side of my website.

And yes, I will be having a drawing for a free bear.... the timing will be coordinated with the publication of Teddy Bear & Friends' Who's Who.  It's an awesome way to find new collectors who want to join your mailing list from your magazine exposure.

Summer5 Pawssibles
Loon Lake, Saskatchewan

Hi Sarah,
I was thinking about the same thing too.  Just new into this bear business on line. Sounds like a good idea to have some kind of give-away or discount.  I ordered some altered art supplies for the first time online and received a bonus gift with the order; it certainaly made me feel like ordering from that supplier again. 

Hugs,
Jo

sarahjane Brisbane

Thank you...some good ideas here. I thought I might have a draw for a giveaway once a year and offer my mailing list customers a discount on any bear they purchase.....

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I always offer any available bears to my mailing list customers first, leaving 24-48 hours after the email is sent before I then advertise it anywhere else (I state this in the email)....I very rarely have to advertise them elsewhere which also saves on fees! I sometimes offer free postage to them too. Any previous customers get even better deals if they buy again - I have one customer who came to visit me at my first show and bought 3 of my bears there. She'd already won Pablo (in my avatar) on ebay a month or so before then and she commissioned a bear for her birthday last month. She's also just bought one of my 17" bears on layaway that was priced at £220 plus postage but as she is such a loyal customer I only charged her £190 with free postage (she's in the UK). She was absolutely thrilled that I gave her a discount as she didn't ask for one and was willing to pay the full amount, so even though I was £30 out of pocket, I was more than happy to offer her the discount and make her day and she is my best customer - she owns 6 of my bears now....she's also a really, really lovely lady....and she has over 600 bears in her collection!!!!

So, yes I think it's always good to offer discounts etc to your customers.

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

What a timely conversation for us!  We've been waiting for just the right opportunity to have our first mailing list drawing for a free bear... well, our web site counter is just about to hit 10,000 and we have a beautiful new bear all ready for it!  Just need to take her picture and tell our mailing list about the surprise  bear_original

We also do some other promotions.  Our repeat buyers get free shipping.  And just so our email mailing list doesn't have all the fun, we will also ship any bear purchased at a show (valued over $150) to anywhere in the world.  Some people don't like to travel with a ton of bears (or any), especially if they fly, so we've actually had people buy some bigger, more expensive bears that way and were very happy to use the free shipping offer.

Hugs,
Kelly

Board footer