Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

It seems to have been ages since I threw down my 'Totally Classic' challenge, so I thought I'd go for it again and issue a fresh challenge!

I've loved working on my clown bears recently, so thought this could make a fun theme for us to play with!  What do you think?

So, the brief is to create a clown bear (or friend ... animal, doll, whatever takes your fancy!) using whatever you like, however you like!  The only thing I ask is that these creations are new projects made especially for this challenge.

The summer hols are looming, so how about a late September deadline?  That should give us plenty of time to indulge ourselves!

If we have enough interest, I'll ask Quy if he would mind adding a clown gallery in the 'Challenge Gallery' section of TT, so that we can see all the clowns having fun together!  bear_thumb

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hmmm, with school ending tomorrow, I may just be able to do this challenge since I hope to get back to making bears today or tomorrow  bear_smile

Kent
Website

Great timing then Shari!  It would be lovely to have you on board!!  :dance:

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Count me in!!!!!  Ooooooh I love a challenge!!!!! bear_thumb

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Count me in too!  I've never made a clown bear before, should be fun  bear_original

Kent
Website

Oh, now it's getting exciting!  Samantha, Catherine, thanks for joining in!

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Sounds like just the thing to get the 'creative juices' flowing...great challenge Paula!
I'm in!
Cheryl bear_flower

Kent
Website

Oh goody!  Thanks Cheryl!!!  Let the flowing commence!  bear_grin

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I'm in!   :dance:  Great idea Paula!!

:hug:
~Chrissi

nandesign Posts: 361

I'm in too, Paula...when I first started making bears...I made clown bears! This will be fun!

Hugs, Nancy

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Me too bear_laugh I like clowns: another excuse for using up those last scraps of mohair bear_happy

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Paula,
     Our grandson starts his new daycare next week, so hopefully, I will have more time for bears. Count me in please - I loooove clowns!

hugs,

Brenda

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Oh yes, count me in too.  I love making clown bears ! ! !

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Ok  count us in as well,  this is gonna be a real tough one as Steven hates clowns (he finds them very spooky),  I have the perfect fabric for it .  This will be a lot of fun I"ve never joined in on a challenge here before.

thanks for suggesting it Paula.  Now if my clown bear only looks half as good as yours I'll be pleased.

big hugs

Shane

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

I'll try to make one too, Paula. It sounds like fun.  I have shows to get ready for but I could make a clown to take along!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I would like to join too!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Kent
Website

Yay!!!  Now we're having a clown party!!  :bday:  :dance:  :bday:  Excellent!

I can't wait to see how things progress, so let's make an effort to keep this challenge alive by chatting here as we go along ... it will be fun to hear about styles, fabrics, colourways, research, successes, failures (!) ... the whole kit 'n caboodle! 

Please feel free to share pics on this thread as you go along and don't restrict yourselves to pics of your finished item, let's share whatever tickles our fancy along the way! 

As Tami says, a challenge bear can always be used for a show, website, magazine promotion etc., so plenty of reason to schedule him into your bear-making diary! bear_thumb

Gail P Walnut Tree Corner Bears By Gail
Suffolk

Hi Paula,
I have just joined the forum,and I would like to join in with this challenge too if thats ok.
It's just the sort of thing I need to get my bearmaking going again. I have made one or two clowns in the past and enjoyed it alot bear_original
Right, off to my fabric box now for some inspiration! I have all next week off work on holiday, so this will give me a welcome distraction from the housework( I hate housework  bear_angry ).

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

Okay, Okay looks like I'll have to join the fun too!!!! I hear ya Shane I know exactly how Steven feels I hate clowns in real life, they give me the heebie jeebies big time.  What are they hiding behind that makeup anyway. Strange thing is I have a soft spot for clown bears MMMMM..... doesnt make sense but then again neither do I  :doh:
Great Challenge idea Paula can't wait to see what everyone pulls out of their hats.
Hugs Deborah

Kent
Website

Oh goody!  Two more for the pot!!  Thanks ladies!  Climb aboard!!!  bear_thumb  bear_flower

Kent
Website

Whoo hoo!  Ask and ye shall get ... or something like that!  Quy has kindly built us our very own clown challenge gallery in readinness for our creations!  So, nothing to hold us back now ... on your marks, get set, let's go forth and clown around!!  bear_grin

sarahjane Brisbane

OK I'm in....I've made a couple of clown bears and really enjoyed it.  bear_original

Kent
Website

Brilliant!  Thanks Sarah Jane!  bear_thumb

Gail P Walnut Tree Corner Bears By Gail
Suffolk

fabric.JPGYou said to post some photos of how we are getting on.............
well here are some of the fabrics and bits and pieces I have gathered together, I may use some, all or none of them bear_rolleyes  not sure yet.I like the cotton print, but I am rubbish at clothes, unless incorporated in the pattern, so I may not use it at all.
Right here goes, this may or not work, we shall see....
what colors is everybody else going for?

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Cute print Gail!! 
I was taking a pic to share my colors, so funny you asked bear_smile   
I'm going to finally use some pink and purples that I hand dyed a couple of months ago. The original cream will be the head...thinking I'll go the custom hat route...not sure yet. 
clownbear1.jpg

HA!  When I got back to the studio table after uploading my photos I found that someone else decided that SHE wanted to pin and sew this particular bear.  "Someone's been sitting in my chair"  bear_laugh

clowncat1.jpg

:hug:
~Chrissi

Board footer