Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Well OK, I've tried to resist but simply cannot. I love clown bears and so it would be great to have a go at this challenge. I hope that you don't have to be of a certain bearmaking standard to have a go? I'll give it my best shot whatever. I just need to finish off my latest project and then I'll be all systems go, should have it done by the end of September then.  bear_grin

Bring on the clowns!!

Best regards

Lisa

Gail P Walnut Tree Corner Bears By Gail
Suffolk

Having not taken part in one of these challenges before, I am not sure of the procedure, do we wait until the deadline to post photos of the finished bear or as and when we finish them?

I was so inspired by the clown idea that I have finished my little clown already :bday:  and may just make another as well.
Thanks Paula for suggesting it

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Nice color combos Chrissi and Gail. My ideas is still in my head. I've got to get to a fabric shop.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

How lovely to see everyone being so enthusiastic!  Love the pics ... must mooch through my stash and start deciding what I'm going to do too!

Lisa, there are no standards to worry about .. everyone is welcome to join in.

Gail, feel free to post your creation whenever you like ... don't forget to add him/her to the challenge gallery too!  Feel free to create as many clowns as you like for this challenge .. in fact, the more the merrier!!  :dance:

Suffolk

Here is my first liitle clown for the challenge bear_grin  bear_grin

I gave the photo a title..."What do you mean the high wire is much higher than this???"
I ended up using most of the bits in my fabric photo, except the yellow ribbon I think. I have just cut out  a more traditional design bear which is going to have a bear coloured head and blue and pink suit made from vintage long pile.
oh I forgot to say the little orange clown is about 3.5" tall including his hat, I have also put his photo in the challenge gallery.

Suffolk

What-do-you-mean-the-high-wire-is-higher.JPGWhoops photo didn't work first time, I will try again

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Oh wow!! You are faaaaaaast! A truely amazing creation, well done. I am in complete awe.  bear_wub

Regards

Lisa

Kent
Website

Our very first clown, thank you Lisa!  He's absolutely gorgeous .. I love the colour scheme and that pose!  By the way, the little umbrella is so sweet!!  Well done!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   You've done a great job of setting our ball rolling!! :dance:

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

WOW!  :clap :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: : LOVE  him bear_wub  Wonderfully done Lisa bear_thumb
Bear hugs and Golly smiles.
Gladys

Suffolk

Thank you Lisa, Paula and Gladys,
I finished him late yesterday evening. Not a lot of housework got done yesterday, but I have got all this week off work, so I have plenty of time to catch up on that(if I happen to feel like it bear_whistle )
The little umberella was a bit of an engineering problem, but I think it was worth it in the end, it kind of suits himand it was a way to use that lovely print bear_original

Milford Ohio

Gail, he's too cute!!! How did you get him to balance on his little chair?

Suffolk

Ha Ha bear_grin
with great dificulty Tami, He kept doing suicidal leaps, just as I was about to press the button to take the photo(I have got one photo of a chair and a heap of tiny clown next to it!)

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Wow!  Well done Gail   :clap:  :clap:   He's brilliant!  I haven't even decided on colours/furs or anything yet for my clown bear...

Milford Ohio
Gail P wrote:

Ha Ha bear_grin
with great dificulty Tami, He kept doing suicidal leaps, just as I was about to press the button to take the photo(I have got one photo of a chair and a heap of tiny clown next to it!)

:crackup:  :crackup:

Suffolk

Clown2.JPGHere is clown number two bear_original
He behaved much better whilest having his photo taken.
I am not usually quite so prolific and I have even done a small amout of housework today(though not enough really ).I will have to slow down a bit or I will get accused of hogging the thread :redface: .
How is everybody else getting on?

Milford Ohio

Keep them coming Gail! This one is so sweet!!! I love her colors!

Kent
Website

Oooh so pretty!  Gail you're doing us proud!  Don't worry about 'hogging' ... keep those pics coming!  It's going to take me a little while to get mine together because I have a couple of orders to finish first. bear_original

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Ooooh Gail, another fabulous clown. I don't know how you make them so fast.  bear_original  I haven't even decided on a pattern or got any fabric yet.  bear_whistle

Regards

Lisa

Suffolk

Ha Ha, Lisa,
I have 6 years worth of fabric collected, all sorts from all over the place, loads of 9"x9" squares or whats left of them. At least thats the good thing about making minis, you don't have to have yards and yards of fabric in your stash(although if you put all my squares together............)
I don't really make them fast ,it's just when I decide what I am doing, it takes about a day to a day and a half to complete, almost sewing to the exclusion of anything else, I even forgot to stop for lunch yesterday!!When I looked at the clock it said 3.00pm!
I am a bit like that when reading books as well,can't put them down once started, I am a great Terry Pratchett fan (loads of inspiration in his books for bears to make) and my family know that if they buy me one of his books for Christmas, it will probably be finished by the day after Boxing Day bear_rolleyes

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Wow, both of your clowns are just adorable.

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Great clowns Gail - wow you are fast!
With my new venture into needlefelting, I may just have to join in - the posibilities with needlefelting are endless!
So if I can find the time, I will joint too - how's that for a "maybe, perhaps, possibly" commitment ????

Kent
Website

Lovely to have you almost with us Jane!  Fingers crossed ... as you say, needlefelting would be a great medium for this challenge!!!

Suffolk

smidge.JPGHere is my clown for today  :dance:  I named him Smidge as he is a smidge over and inch and a half tall without his hat. He is one of the teenyest bears I have made for a long time. I had to make him this size as I have run out of 6mm cotter pins and disks and only had 4mm wobble joints left! so just after breakfast I sat with my pen and paper to design him. I think I will be making a few more bears this size bear_grin

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

wow you already have the bears made and I just found the Challenge. I am in, but I am glad the deadline is September!Whew!!  :bday:
Great Job on those bears, I love the one with the umbrella, outstanding!!!

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Gail, your 2nd and 3rd bears are just adorable  :clap:   Inch and a half!!!  Wow, you've done such a great job  bear_original

Board footer