Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

thanks paula and tami,
hats are fiddly ... grrrr

i like the point about him already wearng his greaspaint tho
maybe thats why i thought badger !!!!

badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger...... !
cat xxxxx

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Mushroom, mushroom!! LOL! bear_grin

Great looking badger Cat.  bear_original

Best regards

Lisa

Weymouth
Website

thankyou lisa, how are you getting along ?
i am glad somebody got the joke :-D
silly me
cat xxx

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

No new progression to report.  bear_sad  I have spent rather a long time this week (all my free hours actually) working on some clothing for my current project. I've never made any clothes before so it's a bit hit and miss really. Anyway I finally decided yesterday that I hated what I'd done so far and now have to start afresh, ho hum! Still I have to say I'm having a ball. Bearmaking IS so much fun.  bear_flower

Best regards

Lisa

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Finished him!  This is my first clown challenge bear ... I hope you like him!

I've called him 'Jimjams' because he is a pyjama style bear ... he turned out at 16" in the end, minus his hat ... (which caused me no end of trouble because I am the world's worst dressmaker.  :redface:)

Jimjamhead.jpg Jimjams.jpg

Weymouth
Website

wow lovely paula
superto see how those colours turned out together and the diff textures
hmmm im no dressmaker either and i have been struggling with a wee hat today !!!

cat xxx

Gail P Walnut Tree Corner Bears By Gail
Suffolk

Jimams is beautiful Paula! :clap: Those colours work really nicely together(and I like the daisy buttons too) bear_flower

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Jimjams is fantastic Paula!  bear_wub

My clown bear is still in the planning stage, hopefully soon I can get started on it!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Paula he is totally and completely adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not only a pjaama bear but a pajama/clown bear bear_grin  bear_thumb

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Adorable! I love the way his "pants" come up over his little round belly! You did a fine job with the hat too, so it was worth the effort!

My bear is done, but I have to finish his assessories

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Gorgeous Paula, your bears always look so wonderfully cuddly.  bear_wub

Best regards

Lisa

Gail P Walnut Tree Corner Bears By Gail
Suffolk

Tami, I can't wait to see your clown all finished,he looks amazing even when it bits so I know he will be stunning! bear_smile

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Love the hat, paula - it is the first thing I noticed!!  Gorgeous bear bear_thumb
Hugs,
Chrisx

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

widget2.jpgscootles1.jpgraphael1.jpgOK... I have added Raphael and Widget to the gallery.

Raphael is my latest vintage-style mini and I am really pleased with the way he turned out.  He is 5 1/2 inches.
Widget is one of my modern-style clowns and has wire armature in his front paws - definitely a bit of a poser! bear_grin

I'm sneaking Scootles in here as well, although I haven't added him to the gallery - I could fill a whole page with clowns, big and small, but I mustn't be greedy!!

Kent
Website

Well, making Jimjams was fun and I'm really pleased you all like him!  Thanks for the compliments!

Chris, it's lovely to see your mini clowns, they are beautiful!  I have a question ... do you attach the little hats to their heads?  I'm really not sure whether to catch Jimjams hat to his head with a couple of stitches, just to keep it in place.  At the moment it is just perched!

Weymouth
Website

826256499_fff763006c.jpgwell here is wee baby badger who im just about to blog,
i have has such fun messing about making his bits and bobs, also writing his listing at bid4bears, http://www.bid4bears.com/otheritems.php … k=RaggyRat

heehee
his hat is on gokd elastic if you can see, so he can be handled wearing it with out it falling also he can be silly and put it on his big suede nose :-)
i decided big nose was cmical but it didnt have to be red !

ill add him to the gallery if i can now ....

cat xxx

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Christine your minis are adorable and Cat I just love the baby badger.
AND yes you have all inspired me to make a clown as well. I started last night and should have him finished tomorrrow.
You guys will get the first look when he is done. I'm quite excited about him  bear_grin  :dance:
Wendy

Kent
Website

Great to have you with us Wendy!  Will look forward to seeing your clown!  I just know it will make me smile!!

Cat, your clown badger is such a cutie!  What a good idea to use elastic to secure his hat ... doh, why didn't I think of that?!! :doh: I settled for a couple of stitches which can be snipped free if the new owner decides they would rather the hat wasn't secured to the bear.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Everyone's clowns are just adorable...keep the pictures coming.

Weymouth
Website

ooooh - will wendy make a puddle clown or a bear ???
oooh keep em coming everyone and thanks for you kind comments on badger baby

a coupe of stiches will be fine paula

the expensive/posh fuax fur on his head is sooooo soft i still want  to be able to stroke it and i was worried the hat would crease it ?

cat xxx

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Cat, your badger is spot on. Love the hat!  bear_wub

Christine, super clown bears too.

Best regards

Lisa

Milford Ohio

Well, my clown is finished! I have to take some photographs a bit later. As it usually happens when I make accessories for my bears, I was second guessing myself right up until he was finished! Does anyone else do that?

I was set on using that burgundy/ brown brocade, but I kept thinking does it really work with the fur colors? I felt like it complemented the fur, but since it was not a "match" I wasn't sure...

Then I finished the bear and I was in love with him as he was! Should I make him a clown or just leave him in the buff? (I have this issue with all of my bears--which is why so many are bare!)

Then when I made the collar, I thought "Oh, no! It's too big! I really do just need to leave him bare!"

But then when I finished his pointy hat and added some of the trim tassles with little beads attached to the collar part, I was in love! Hope you like him too. I made the collar with elastic inside so he can still be cute as a bare bear too.

Anyone else always second guessing their work?

Kent
Website

I know exactly what you mean Tami, I do that with all my bears and I never really know until the very last minute exactly how they will be finished ... and sometimes even then I change my mind!

Looking forward to your pics!!  :dance:

Milford Ohio

Eli.JPGHere is my clown bear, Eli. My son named him. I said what should I call this bear and that was the first thing he said. The kids are pretty good at this sometimes.

Thanks for the fun challenge,  Paula! I'm thinking of more clowns to make!

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

sadclown1.JPGsadclown2.JPGOkay here is my progress so far. He is a sad little clown.

Board footer