Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Kathy, he has such a sweet sad little face! That's amazing detail for a bear so tiny!

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

tami- mine went like  that too
i have never accessorised before apart from a dress
on granny bear :-)
i made the ruff on elastic the same as you so he can be a bare badger too

hmmmm
should i add that info to his listing?

and then he got a blankie and then finally the hat !
the fluff on the hat matches his fur :-)

i like you, seem to be feeling my way around projects ...
cat xxxx

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Hi Paula,
I don't really like to stitch hats to heads - ouch!! bear_grin   The little mini clowns' hats are just perched over one ear, but they seem to stay in place all right.  On bigger bears I sometimes use shirring elastic, or just make to hat so that it fits over one ear.  if I am taking a bear with a hat on to a show, I might just pin it to the head at the back, in case an unwary collector accidentally knocks it off.

Love all these clows - keep them coming!!!!!! :clap:
Hugs,
Chrisx

Milford Ohio
Ellen Borggreve wrote:

P.S. I love all your clowns and some I had already seen in some blogs and on websites, they are all wonderful, but I have fallen in love head over heels with the clown of Tami E. He is absolutely and totally amazing Tami!!!

:redface: Thanks! :redface:

I can't wait to see your clowns, Ellen. I know they will be great.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Thanks for the advice Chris ... I'll bear it in mind if I summon up the energy to make another hat!

Tami, your clown panda is beautiful ... he looks as though he's crying out for a cuddle!  The fabrics you've chosen for the finish work perfectly, such a gorgeous colour scheme. bear_wub

Kathy, you've worked so much expression into your clown head ... can't wait to see him all finished! :dance:

And finally, yay Ellen!!!!!  So glad you've decided to come out to play!  I'm really looking forward to your first challenge clown! :thumbsup:

By the way, I should mention that I will be offline for about a week from Friday, so please don't think I've abandoned ship!  I'll log in to see what you've all been up to as soon as I can x

Weymouth
Website

ooh missed a few posts again
welcome aboard ellen and well done tami hes lovely
WOW

and a super little face kathy ...

cat xxx

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Kathy, so much expression for such a tiny ted.  bear_original

Tami, your clown bear is just awesome!!

So many wonderful bears already.  :clap:

Regards

Lisa

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

ooooh - will wendy make a puddle clown or a bear ???

I hope this will answer your question Cat. bear_grin
TTMH-bPuddleGordonClownsideviewChal.jpg
TTMH-bPuddleGordonClownsittingChall.jpg
Let me introduce to you .......GORDON.......a clown apprentice.  Puddles arent commonly found in the clown world. They are more likely to be biologists and eco warriors but Gordon assures me he is ready to join the circus.
Gordie's red collar and hat has circus pictures on it. Little rabbits, dogs and clowns and such. I popped little tinkly bells all around it and gave his hat a white satin ribbon brim. He also has covered buttons(from the same fabric) on his belly but they didnt come up in the pics.
Gordon will be available during the BAO WINTER WARMER SHOW Saturday 3rd November.
Cheers Wendy

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Great clowns, ladies!
You are all brilliant!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Wendy,

Gordie is awesome, love him to bits!!  bear_grin  bear_wub

I'm gonna be starting my bear next week, yay! Assuming the kids allow me a little bit of breathing (bearmaking) space of course.  bear_original

Regards

Lisa

Milford Ohio

bear_wub  bear_wub Grodon is adorable!!!! bear_wub

The contrast the black white and red create is great!

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Awww, I love Eli and Gordon!

I've suffered a set back in the creation of mine, as I just started my summer job... how on earth do you guys work AND make bears? There's no time!

Weymouth
Website

chloe - i hear ya!
im mum of three and make stuff
my house is dusty ... i give my 9 year old a duster to fly round  the
house with sometimes!!!

i love eli and gordon too
wendy ... i owe you a PM coz my bits and bobos are here - yay ! - and you have done a super job the black looks stunning and wow look at the paw pads !

cat xxxx

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Thankyou for the compliments folks. I really enjoyed making him. I found it a challenge to make accessories that were original .  I mean we have the hat and collar. They are standards, but applying our own stamp on that I found challenging.Especially when I didnt want to repeat anything that I had already done.
AFer looking at all your beautiful clowns and marvelling at your inginuity,that maybe someone could suggest maybe a sailor challenge after this one is complete? bear_whistle
Wendy :thumbsup:

Kathy have you finished yet? I am waiting impatiently :dance:  bear_grin
Come on people, you know that chores and jobs are not as important as bear making. So chop chop :crackup:

Milford Ohio
matilda wrote:

I found it a challenge to make accessories that were original .  I mean we have the hat and collar. They are standards, but applying our own stamp on that I found challenging.Especially when I didnt want to repeat anything that I had already done.

I thought that was challenging too, especially since I knew I wanted simple accessories rather than a whole outfit. I think the body shape of your Puddles are too cute to cover completely. bear_original

Weymouth
Website

ellen, are you working with lovely tissavel faux fur like you said in teddy magazine?
i found some here in uk
where do you got for it ?

mmmmm soooft
good luck with your clown ... sorry i made a badger forst too i know you make propper badgers not silly ones like mine !

cat xxxx

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

wow Awesome puddle Wendy. Love his style.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

splashstand.JPGsplashsit.JPGsplashface1.JPGAllright I finished my clown 'Splash" on Saturday I just haven't posted his pic. I took these outside cause I didn't want to set up the light tent.
He has a little wand with pompom and a tiny little bucket, hence the name. He is a sad little clown.
I posted the rest of his pics on the challenge gallery.
Okay I can't get his picture on the Gallery so here is him standing!

Weymouth
Website

ooooh poor cad clown kathy, oooh - song, kathy's clown - or is it cathy's clown, which would be mine ?
love the colours and tartan, i suppose the audience is going to get wet ? !
cat xxxx

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Where do you get Tissavel from, Cat and Ellen? Sorry to barge in without my bear yet, but I just had to ask! I've been buying my sloth material from a Bridal company...

I love everything so far in this section... dammit! Everyone has such nice bears!

Weymouth
Website

hmm yes - even tho my badger keeps acting silly i shouldnt put him down should i?

do you get tissavel from marno the uk agent, or from the faux throw company that has one of jenny's rabbits on their site?
i have actually got some fabrics from both those sources
v helpful and friendly ...

cat xxx

Weymouth
Website

marno has other smashing furs too
here is a pic of a woven backed fabric from marno, very nice
i used a bit of it in my badger feels super ....
and no stretch !

783935964_4c319490b8_m.jpg

can give you contacts - you usually get an answer phone but they always call back very friendly ...

and pat at the faux throw will be coming to hugglets with samples and to fondle bears, tell her you will be there ellen :-)

cat xxxxx

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

bear_tongue I want to sew, but I'm fast tiring of hand sewing everything, and my teeny sewing machiene just died... I need to clear enough space to set up our old sewing machine, but it's pretty complex and my room is pretty small!

I'm thinking of doing a traditional Steiff-style clown bear once my new patterns have arrived and I've worked out what I want to change!  I have managed one small bear like patchouli, but i went a bit mad with the shading so she looks like she's been in a fight XD More work needed there...

Milford Ohio

Aaaw! Kathy, Splash is just darling!! Sweet sad little guy!! bear_wub  I love the way he looks up at you! Well done!

Cat and Ellen, I can't wait to see your clowns!

Weymouth
Website

tami - mines already posted, page 3 or 4 i think ... !
and alsready listed in bid4bears but he ended unbidded ...
so he is still here with me

its not raining today i might let him play out !!!
cat xxx

Board footer