Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I am sure there will be plenty looking forward to your clown Kerren.
I'm always popping  in to see if there are any new ones. :dance: 
Wendy

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Lobster?  Cat, you made me chuckle!! 

Kerren, there's bags of time for a KM clown bear!  Looking forward to it!  Welcome to our challenge by the way!

I finished another clown yesterday, but haven't had the time (or weather!) to photograph it yet .. will try to do so today.  Got to think of a name for this one too ... *scratches head* ...

Kent
Website

Pics as promised and a name! 

This little lady (actually, not so little at 20" ... quite an armful in fact!) is called 'Lotus Petal'.  She was finished yesterday!  I've created her in classic 1930's harlequin style, with centre seam and one piece arms as I thought it would be nice to include a very traditional clown bear.  She has cotton velvet paw pads to add a little nostalgia.  I hope you like her!

Lotus_Petal.jpg

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Lovely Paula!!! I love your color choices, soft and feminine!

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

very pretty paula - the lobster is on my blog ... trade links with ya ?
cat xxx

Kent
Website

Happy to Cat!  Will try to remember to do the link thingy next time I post!

Tami, so pleased you like the feminine colours!

I've been busy 'clowning around' this week and have another clown to share!  This time a more contemporary design ... 'Lullaby' is a big 'un at 23" and is made from Intercal's glorious 852H in antique pink and mint mohair.  He (she?!) has an alpaca head and paws and the pads are cotton velvet in pale beige. I've hand painted the eyes and shaded the sockets for a little extra 'pazazz'!  This bear has a waxed nose too.  I've used an assortment of vintage buttons for detailing and have given him a ridiculously oversized cotton velvet nightcap to wear.

Lullaby2.jpg

Weymouth
Website

oooh another lovely bear paula - wow - will we see lots of these guys at hugglets?
ellen , cant wait to see your clown and meet you at hugglets too :-)

bounce, bounce!
cat xxxx

Jan Nethercutt YesterYear Design
Oklahoma

Oh, I love to look at all these fantastic clowns.  I don't have plans for creating one, but just wanted you all to know I'm thoroughly enjoying the pictures and everyone's messages.  Hugs, Jan

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Just added a clown bear to the challenge photos and the full details are on my Juniper Bearies website. This is the feminine side of the set of "COCO & CHANEL", the male one still in the pipeline!
http://www.juniperbearies.com/chanel.htm

EDIT: It seems my post is a bit misleading Chanel is the female clown and Coco is the male clown yet to be finished...SORRY GIRLS!!

yogibear67 Posts: 2

has anyone heard of dehaven originals by the artist marsha dehaven? :pray:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

eBay - panda, Artist, One of a Kind, Artist, Manufactured items on ...ORIGINAL Miniature/Mini Panda "Alisha" OOAK N/R .... PANDA BY DeHAVEN ORIGINALS. This seller accepts PayPal, - Buy It Now, $75.00 $75.00, Free, 4d 10h 39m ...
dolls.search.ebay.com/panda_Artist_W0QQlopgZ7QQsacatZ3902 - 107k - Cached - Similar pages

Weymouth
Website

well done on your very colourful creation sandi :-)
cat xxx

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Sandi, Coco is wonderful!! Her red yarn hair is a nice touch!

Paula, I am in love with Lulluby bear_wub  bear_wub He looks like such a cuddly fellow! The color and texture of the fur looks delicious! I am looking at these P.J. style bears you are doing and thinking that's what I should do with all those mohair pieces too small for a whole bear but which are also too long and dense to make a small bear! Mind if I go with your idea?

Kent
Website

Tami, you're most welcome to use the PJ's theme ... it's such a useful style for oddments and I know you'll come up with something fabulous for us to enjoy!! bear_flower

Sandi, Coco is so striking!  What a wonderful addition to our clown gallery!!!  Can't wait to see Chanel too!!!  bear_thumb

Thank you so much Cat, Tami and Paula...you are all so sweet to comment.

I have made a note on my blooper BTW!!!  bear_grin

Paula...with all I have going at the moment, you maybe waiting a while!  :)
I love what you've been doing with the clowns too! But then you know how I feel about all your bears don't you!!!
bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub  Oh I do wish I could win the lottery!!!!!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hi guys!

Wow Wonderful Clowns!

Here is our latest little guy, MR BOJANGLES.

Hugs Louise

0a1abo10.jpg

0a1abo.jpg

0a1abo3.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Very awesome, Louise!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Weymouth
Website

wow brilliant louise and i LOVE that rusty red colour the fur and hat match purrfectly ...
cat xxxx

Oh he's a wonderful clown .... I  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub him Louise!!! Great colour combination too!

:clap:   :clap:   :clap:

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Awww all the Clowns are so adorable  bear_wub
Here is mine
clown.jpg
Clown2.jpg
Hugs
Vicki

Weymouth
Website

awwww that is lovely vicki
thanks , super pics
cat xxxx

Kent
Website

Two more to add to our collection and what beauties they are!  Vicki, your little clown bear  is so adorable in that big hat and Louise, Mr Bojangles is fabulous!  Every time I see a new clown bear on this thread, I break out into a big smile ... they are such good fun and so creative!!  bear_wub

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Oooh I'm loving all these clown bears. They are so different but all so great.

My own bear is coming along slowly, today I'm jointing and stuffing.... at last! Still on target for the end of September finish date, lol! I can't wait to get to do the face and most particularly the accessories.  bear_smile

Keep these lovely bears a comin'.

Regards

Lisa

Oh he's sweet Vicki ... I just love all the clowns.
I think everyone should be congratulated on such beautiful creations!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Kent
Website

Just one more from me ... I can't resist these clowns and with a show on the horizon, it's the perfect opportunity to combine the challenge with making my show bears!  This is 'Claude', a 22" harlequin bear made from some oddments my sister gave me when she stopped bear making.  The buttons are vintage art deco and I've just given him some simple chiffon ribbon in autumnal colours tied around his neck and finished with some bells.

Claude2.jpg

Board footer