Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

Hey...

Have any of you guys & gals read The Mournful Teddy or The False-Hearted Teddy books in this series?  I bought The Mournful Teddy a few months ago and it was SUCH a GREAT book, I couldn't wait for the release of The False-Hearted Teddy!  I just bought it a few days ago...Let me tell you, I can't seem to put it down.  BOTH are very well written and are very interesting.  The series revolves  around Brad & afficionados Lyons (fictional bear artists of Lyon's Tigers & Bears).  Brad is a former San Francisco Homicide detective who finds himself investigating  a series of teddy bear related crimes.  I recommend these books to anyone who likes a FUN mystery novel that can be both serious as well as quite funny.  Don't let the covers fool you...Adults and bear aficionados alike will enjoy this book!

More info about the books can be found here :  www.johnjlamb.net

Jeremy

Jane D. Teddies to Treasure
Midland, Ontario

Hi Jeremy-I am reading the Mournful Teddy and also am enjoying it.I can identify with the bear shows etc.I have also travelled through Virginnia so it seems real to me.I purchased the other book as well.Sincerely Jane D.PS Jeremy- I still haven't got my magazines and today's mail is in.Grrrrrr!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I was just given "The False Hearted Teddy Bear" for my b'day on Tuesday and am going to take it with me to read on vacation next week. I'm having a hard time not starting it now!!!!

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

Daphne...

If you have not read The Mournful Teddy, read it first because it kind of sets up the storyline for The False-Hearted Teddy...

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I love mysteries and didn't know about these teddy books. Are the two you mentioned the only two in the series as of now? I'll look for them. Thanks.

I just went to his website. I haven't even seen his books before and I'm already hooked.  He started his career in law enforcement in Riverside County, which is where I live, at the Indio Sheriff's Station, which is where I live! That is, I live in Indio, not the Sheriff's Station and I love reading local authors.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I just finished "The False-hearted Teddy"... sorry, didn't read The Mournful Teddy first but he gave a good introduction so I didn't feel like I was missing too much. I couldn't put the book down! Read it in two evenings and now that I'm back from vacation I'm going to go get The Mournful Teddy and read that!

Not what I expected... though I really had no idea what to expect! As a show promoter I'm now anxious about holding my next show in August.... don't need any murders at my show!!!! :crackup:  bear_noexpression  John did such a great job with the book... it goes fast, keeps you engaged, and very entertained. Lots mentioned that we as artists can identify with of course. It was a very fun read and I can't wait to share my book with some others who I know will like it! (I will mention that it is very much an adult read due to language and adult content).

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

FYI, John was at Vegas signing books, and he'll be at TBAI in Binghamton next month. He's such a nice guy, he does a great talk, and he LOVES his bears. (I think he and Joyce bought 12 at TBAI last year.) He tells funny stories from his days on the force, meeting authors at book conventions, and his bear hunts. Bonus event for East Coasters: we're launching his third book at Boyds Bear Country in November!!

bear_original Mindy

Board footer