Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I have been crocheting quite a bit tonight but I think it is time for bed.  You ladies are the best.  Jenn

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Jenn!
What have you been making? I love crochet so I'm being nosey.

Jane

Jane, I have beenworking on three large blankets and my first bear.  Jenn

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Jenn, you love to work at night? Me tooooo. I go to bed at 3-4 a.m. get up at 9 a.m.

All my bears are night owls too!!n020.gif

Show pls your blankets and a bear when you finish!!

Julia

Julia, I wish I where more of a morning person.  I work from7:30 am- 6:00 pm teaching preschool.  Jenn

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Jenn, I remember those awful days I had to get up at 6 a.m. Gosh!!!
I work at the University as a Japanese language teacher but right now I'm sitting at home with my daughter.

Julia.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Jenn, please share pictures with us when your projects are finished. We just love pictures here.
Julia

I go to bed at 3-4 a.m. get up at 9 a.m.

Oh boy, this would kill me! I go to bed around 10.30 pm and get up around 6am I start working quite early on my computer then get to the bears later. I'm having a break at the moment, just popping into Teddy talk to keep up as we are all so chatty here it takes ages to catch up with everything.

Jane

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Me too, Jane,

I can't stay up much past 10, and I'm wide awake again by about 4am, when I make a pot of coffee and tend to the animals, then check up on TT until I'm conscious enough to work on bears.

Hmm. This might explain some of my posts . . .

Eileen

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

i make bears in the evening watching tv,  i go to bed at 11 pm and get up at 7 am and i am always tired.
i have to go to pc world now for ink for my silly printer,
bear_sad

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

HOly cow Jenn!

I would not be able to function on that little sleep!

(in the past I've been known to fall asleep at a red light  :rolleyes:... so I don't do that anymore)

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

wow, some of you wake up arely on your own?? I think that if I got to stay at home and make bears, I would be getting up at 10 or so.
Right now I go to bed around 12 am and I get up at 4:30. It's very silly I know.  One day that little sleep is going to catch up to me. I also do my best 'bear' work at night. The later the better. I find the quiet, lack of disturbance etc. really helps.
Heather

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Good point! At 4 am it's pretty quiet around my house, too!

Eileen

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I can sleep for Britain - i hope that it will become a new Olympic sport for the 2012 Olympics.

I also hope that there will be an Olympic Bed-Making competion as i've now got the changing of the duvet down to a fine art and could possibly win the Brits a few gold medals!

Sometimes i can stay up nearly all night and then get up bright & early in the morning then other days i'm like a sloth and can sleep 16 hours a day!

Penny - in a wakey-wakey mode bear_tongue

clare14 Country Bears
England

I love my sleep too:D  I wish I could be one of these people who get up at 6am (late for most of you!!) and have the washing sorted etc before the school run and work.................but no, it's not to be:rolleyes:

Instead it's up at the last minute and go hell for leather until we're there!!!:lol:   We live quite a way from school so have to leave early - OK some days, but when there's no uniform and sarnies to be made.........Can get rather stressful!!!:mad:

Not a very organised person, have to be honest...............;)

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_ermm Clare,

I remember those days . . . awful mornings.

These days mine get up by themselves (most times), look after their own breakfasts (they prefer their own combos) and take themselves out the door to school or work or whatever.

Hang in there, it just takes time! :D

I know a woman with one grown daughter who walks her dog in her pajamas, not because she hasn't had time to dress, but because she wants to! Now that's freedom! :lol:

Eileen

clare14 Country Bears
England

Tee Hee!!   Fair play to her, I'd frighten my neighbours to death if I did, well and the fact that I haven't got a dog and they'd think I was loopier than I actually am:lol:

I absolutely LOVE your bears in your avatar, what a beautiful photo:)

Anyway, looking forward to the hellish morning that awaits me real soon...............:rolleyes:

bear_grin:lol:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Thanks, Clare!

That little pair is my contribution to the Bears4Charity project. I had one devil of a time producing clear pictures, but they're improving . . . I've spent the whole day practicing in my pajamas! Bliss . . . but I have no idea what I'm going to do about dinner!

Good luck tomorrow morning!

Eileen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Julia... You live in Russia so I trust you speak Russian, and obviously English and you teach Japanese. What other languages do you know? I'm very impressed! bear_laugh

I start sewing around 10:00pm most nights.... all the boys (hubby & 2 dogs) are in bed so I'm done cleaning up potty messes by the puppy and I know where everyone is and all is quiet so I don't have to worry about a thing but the task at hand. Big sigh...... AHHHHH! It's way after midnight before I go to bed.

Up at 6am to fix hubby's lunch, take puppy out then back to bed til 8:00am when the puppy's clock goes off to say it's time for breakfast. Before puppy I'd go back to bed til 10:00 or so! I do best on 9-10 hours of sleep a night. Wish I could do with about 6 hours!

I can be seen on a daily basis anytime before noon in my p.j.'s walking a dog around the neighborhood. bear_laugh Horrors! Only 5 years ago I never would have been caught dead outside the door without showering, hair and make-up done first!

I guess that's what married-with-dogs and a stay-at-home-job will do to you if you aren't careful! bear_grin

I am married.  We have two Doxies and an out of the home job.  Julia I am impressed too.  Jenn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Jenn - keep that out of the home job or you'll be sleeping late and walking the doxies in your PJ's too! bear_grin

Daphine, That would be VERY bad!!!!:D

Vladivostok, RUSSIA
Daphne wrote:

Julia... You live in Russia so I trust you speak Russian, and obviously English and you teach Japanese. What other languages do you know? I'm very impressed! :D

Daphne, that's all. My Russian is better then English and Japanese.

Julia

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

Another interesting topic!  I probably have you all beat for awful hours.  I am a true night owl - I go to sleep at around 7 AM (yes, AM) and get up around 3 or 4 in the afternoon.  I've always been this way, and even though I am "all growed up" for goodness sakes, I still get criticized for it.
Boy am I touchy about this!  I do my best work overnight - so what!!  Grrrr. bear_angry 

I agree with Heather and Daphne - working in the quiet is really nice.

I work at home most days, but when I am working at the studio (a big steel warehouse without air conditioning) in the summer you HAVE to work after the sun goes down!  That is what gets me that out of tune with the rest of the world.  In winter I try to wake up at least a few more hours earlier so I see some daylight!  :P
Lynne
PS My newest bear is all sewn but am waiting for right sized eyes to arrive from Intercal!  Pics to come! bear_laugh

Board footer