Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC00795-2-ebay.jpgExcept for a few of your even scarier stories most of you made me laugh my head off.  The hubsrer, trying to ease tension, so as not to have me melt into a blubbering mass of gollyartist held up the quilt, soaking wet, over the sink, and said :"Look, yu culd make pot holders!"  gotta love that man of mine.

In exchange I solemnly promised not to do any real cooking when he is at work (works from 2 pm to 10 pm. ) New job, for which I do not have to worry about dinners!  woohoo!

I nixed the potholder idea though. 

I truly do love the stove, and I do use the quilts to pad the glass surface so that I have another 4 square feet of counter.   Small house....

Shari-burner dyslexic.:lol::lol::lol:  My hubs will be amused with that one for sure.

Eileen, love the new bear....really cute little girl.  I am so glad yuo had clean floors while pregnant-  but how did you get up the water at 8 months....yikes!  I remember my belly out what seemed like 6 yards.....yikes....I couldn't see the floor.....and I did not have clean floors-

Shantell, you are so right-  I actually have report cards where the teachers complained that Diane doesn't follow instructions.  They were right.  I didn't/don't.   I always believed that I could figure it out better on my own......so the first question I asked my hub was; "Do you think it's Alzhiemers?"  Boy did he laugh about that one.  (But I am betting he pondered that while he was at work.) :rolleyes:

RE: fresh batteries, the smoke alarms are tied into the electrical current of the house with battery backups.  Oregon has rather odd laws on smoke alarms in homes, our house is less than 1000sq.feet and it has 4.
Go figure.....never the less someone dragged in the ladder and replaced all the backup batteries.

Now I'm watching him change the backup batteries and thinking, its an electric stove-if the electricity had gone out I wouldn't have set fire to the quilt and we wouldn't be worrying about backup batteries.  go figure! bear_grin:lol:

Judi, I can't blame the gollies for everything.  Can I?  Hubs says  I am too to anthropormorphic.  I, personally do not believe this to be a possibility.

Pen- Yikes!  what a stinker your partner is!  be careful girl or he will be blaming your gollies on things like broken heirlooms.  Don't let him know its a possibility! ;)

Winnikins, I am very grateful you and yours are safe and sound.

And yes, we must keep our heads about us-they use crazy glue in surgery now....next time I loose it, my head,  I'll get the crazy glue out.

love to all and lets all blame the golls for the messes.....then our famileis will only think we are crazy and not accidents waiting to happen!

dilu :P

PS  Here's the one I will blame for now-she is so pouty that she looks terribly guilty!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_grin Dilu, I'm going to need one of those Gollies of yours!

Actually, whenever I flooded the floors, I just threw a mess of towels on the pool and let the Hubs pick them up when he got home! After all, who's going to yell at a pregnant person? When the upstairs bathtub ran over, unfortunately, the water flooded our kitchen light fixture. That was close.

Thanks for your nice comments on my little bear--she's my contribution to the Bears4Charity project.

Eileen

Board footer