mj Banner Sponsor

I saw this posted on a sign...

I wish I was a BEAR.

Everyone would expect me to have hairy legs,
excess body fat
and wake up growling!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh my gosh, Meg..... I just sat down to post this exact saying!!!!!!!! bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

I'm going to paint this on a wooden board and hang it in my studio!
It's just way to appropriate!

Great mind think alike! :D

Hugs from Hairy, Fat & Grumpy.....
Daphne

Pipa UK

bear_grin bear_grin  bear_grin bear_grin

love it !! bear_original

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

That's great!!!! I especially like the hairy legs part!  I just hate shaving!  I mean, I do it ALL the time because stubble just really grosses me out....

Though I do admit...
Remember in the late 80's (maybe early 1990's--- I can't really remember!) when opaque black hose were really, really fashionable....?  I must say, I thought that was great because you could get away with going an extra day & no one was the wiser! 

Thanks for the smile!
Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I love that!! he he he he he e he he Just like me!
Kim, I know what you mean about stubble. When I was young, still too young to shave. I felt my mom's leg. It was full of hard bristles, and I hated it. I swore I would never shave my legs, and I don't. It's nice bec. I've never shaved and I'm a redhead, my leg hair is barely visable. I wear shorts and everything, and no-one notices. Most people think it's discusting, but I don't care. I just never saw a hygenic reason to shave the legs. Other parts, yes, just not legs.
But anyway.... thanks for the saying. That is also going up on my studio wall. For sure!!

Heather

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Heather I have an entirely new image and respect for you.  You're very European.  I'm very fair and blonde myself and yes, do shave, but don't really have to.  It's more that I feel "cleaner" when I do.  Not as much for aesthetic reasons.

I had a friend in high school who went on a shaving strike because she swam competitively, and she wanted to shave at the last minute, right before her meet, to improve her time.  I think that might -- might, not would -- have some impact if one if an Olympic level swimmer.  If not, though, I think... hmmm, just how much "drag coefficient" could a few wispy leg hairs possibly have on lap time??? bear_original

Deb Upstate New York

<howling> ... that's great.  Thanks for sharing!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I always look forward to winter months and long pants!!!! Some on SNOW!!! I hate shaving!!! Wish I'd never started. Heather, you were so smart!

Deb Upstate New York

Don't shave over the winter ~ just braid it. bear_happy

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

With beads and colored elastics! :lol:

Eeew! bear_tongue

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I don't shave my legs anymore as i once grazed all the skin off of my other halfs legs in bed he he he!

I wax now - o what joy it is! The pain is only slightly intolerable (yeah i'm lying through my teeth) and i bite on a towel or something to stop me screaming out obscenities and frightening the cats!

I NEVER shave my armpits, why should i? Men don't! European women quite often don't do their 'pits' but they are catching up with the latest fashion for women to be as bald as day old mice in all the private places.

The pain of waxing under the arms must be excruciating so i'm not even going there  - ditto my foo foo, why would a grown woman want her 'bits' bald like a baby? YUK bear_shocked

I agree with the opaque pantyhose thing - wear 'em anyway, blow the fashion for sheer tights and don't bother with depilation until the spring bulbs start coming up or you start trapping your leg hairs in your trainer laces.

bear_laugh bear_grin bear_laugh bear_grin bear_laugh

Penny bear_tongue

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

You guys are soo cool! Everyone here at work is wondering why I'm laughing at my computer. :lol:
This is the 1st place that I've admitted I don't shave my legs, and no-one has told me I'm gross. Gotta love bear makers. LOVE 'EM!!!

Shelli, I have a good friend that is a swimmer and I asked her one day about the whole shaving thing. They don't shave because the hair 'drags' but they shave so they can feel the water on their skin better. That way they can feel for any drag etc. That makes more sense eh? I've always wondered that myself.

Penny, you are WAY to funny. We shave in total opposites!!! LOL foo foo. LOL

I also don't wear pantyhose. Have to admit that with my leg hair, the hairs tend to stick out and if I have to pull them up, OUCH!!!!

We talk about the strangest things.........

Heather

clare14 Country Bears
England

I do shave, I would look ,like an ape if I didn't!!!   I am dark and it SHOWS!!!   I could save it up and start needle-felting I guess:lol:

I find it amazing how we can go from one subject to another on this forum, it's great!!!!

He He He He!!!!!!:lol:

Can't WAIT to see the first bear to be made from needle-felted leg hair Clare bear_shocked

However , i shan't be adopting it bear_grin

Penny

Deb Upstate New York

Penny ~

Ewwww!  I love it.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I'm just lauging SO much here!!!! bear_grin The thought of a needle-felted leg hair bear.... it has quite a 'ring' to it, actually!

I'm another one who hates that feeling of stubble after a few days growth.  Wish I'd never started shaving - it just made me feel grown up at the time, I suppose. Sigh!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, my eyes are watering... catching my breath! bear_grin bear_grin

Still snickering.... I've woken the pups up! :D

Pantyhose and stubble...... so gross! The hose make the prickles worse! Can't stand hose anyway.

When you wax the new growth is finer, right? Less of it? So we could all wax a couple of times then just let that new fine growth come in and leave it. I'd rather bleach than shave. I'd rather not be bothered with any of it. I'm going European! That's it! Settled. I'll tell hubby over dinner tonight.... good thing I know CPR and the Heilmich Meneuver! bear_grin Why isn't it a womaneuver? :/

Foo foo...... too funny! bear_grin

You all are a riot!

Daphne

Deb Upstate New York

You would have to wonder what the market is then, for leg hair for the needlefelted bears. Hmm.  Perhaps an opportunity for us?

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Yay!! Daphine, I would LOVE a European partner!! I'm the only girl I know that doesn't shave her legs. We could start a club. ha ha ha ha
And Daphine, your hubby will get used to it. Mine did. He used to always ask me to shave my legs, for years and years. Then just the other day, he was rubiing my leg (hairy of course) and said " I love you hairy legs" YAY!! I win!!!! He didn't even realize what he was saying, but now, I have NO reason to shave them.
Heather

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

oooh you girls are too funny!!!

I am with Daphne (not Daphine girls!) FOO FOO Is sooo funny, where do you girls come up with such things....

Danni

I think that Foo Foo is a Jamaican term for your 'you know what' but don't quote me on it.
My sister in law was married to a Jamaican guy and she started using it and i've used the euphemism ever since!

Penny bear_tongue

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

This is just so funny.  I am just laughing at the computer screen ( good thing no one else is home !)  c035.gif

Foo Foo !!  What a riot.  Stubble...can't stand it.  Waxing .....did that once and bruised my shins from overdoing it , pulling and pulling to get every last hair OUCH !!  I guess it's shaving for me too, no choice it looks like fur !

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I had never heard the trem 'foo foo' used in that manner either!  the only Foo-Foo is know of is "Little Bunny Foo-Foo"

Little Bunny Foo-Foo,
Hoppin' through the forest,
Pickin' up the field mice,
And boppin' em on the head...

That's just a really weird song to begin with... never really liked it when kids sang it, because it's just so mean to the poor little mice!  But now... well, now it just has a whole new strange set of connotations for me! 

I tried waxing a few times as well.... with horrific results!  The wax was either too hot (burns, ouch! )  bear_angry  or just left me a sticky mess.... and still with stubble!  bear_sad  Yep, it's the ol' rasor for me!  Maybe someday I'll try that lazer hair removal thing.. isn't that supposed to be permanent?  Anyone heard any horrific tales about that?

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kim, oh my gosh, I forgot about that song but knew foo-foo went to some rhyme.
Thanks for the childhood memory! bear_grin

Pages:

Board footer