Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

100_0054A.jpg100_0053A.jpg100_0052A.jpg100_0051A.jpg100_0050A.jpgLadies...this is why I need my head examined.

Let me introduce you to this little Anime Bear I've named Nasturtium.  I was out this morning enjoying my early morning coffee and I kept hearing this noise in the flower bed...and lo' and behold look what I found in and among my flowers.  This little fellow is made of orange long pile upholstery velvet...cashmere...I don't know.  He stands at 2-1/2 inches on a good day and when seated in a wee 2 inches.  He is not weighted although he should be but the bb's we have on hand are just too large for his little tum....poor boy!!!   He seems to think he needs to pluck the flowers and wear them as a hat...I suppose he needs to shade his little glass eyes with something and I'm not sure they make sunglasses in his size.

Enjoy...

I did learn a few things...

1.  Don't try to match thread and fabric when you can't see anything closer than 4 feet in front of you.

2.  Don't try and sew a bear this tiny when he looks like a blob of orange...standing back to sew just doesn't work unless you have REALLY long arms.

3.  Smaller needles give a better outcome...but again try threading a teeny tiny needle when you can't even see the eye or the thread...touch and feel doesn't work well.

4.  Be brave...you never know what you might end up with.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Shantell, What a great little guy!! I would never believe you couldn't see as you were making him. Is he your own pattern??
i love the orange, and his big head.
Thanks for sharing
Heather

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh boy!!  I really like this tiny orange bear!!  It amazes me that you could make something this small so well and not being able to see!!  My compliments to the artiste!!  Love the hat, too!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

What a tiny little cutie!

Danni

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Shantell, I think this bear is adorable!  You should have eye surgery more often!  (And I say that with lots of love, of course.)  Very nicely done!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Thanks...

I just love those quirky little anime bears.  I actually purchased the Anime Style Bears Guide from Brys Bruins.  She emailed it to me...so I got it right away.  She was very very nice and helpful.  I've had it awhile and just had not taken the initiative to do anything with it until yesterday when I was so bored I was about ready to go crazy.

Now I'm ready to draw up my own...I already have a few ideas of what I'd like to do differently....like make sure my thread matches my fabric better... bear_original ... oh well...that's the fun part of making funky bears...you can pretend those things were on purpose.

It was fun...and no bear parts were sacrificed!!!

Shantell

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

What a sweet little bear..I love the colour!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Shantell he's just beautiful, well done you clever girl bear_original bear_original bear_original bear_original I can't make the tiny bears at any time so you making this little beauty whilst having vision problems shows what a star you really are.:):):):):):):):)

Jane

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Wow that was strange. I just submitted the above message and I got Jenny's Three o'clock bears website and my message on the same page all muddled up into one. CREEPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Yikes!!!!! It did it again this time I got Jenny's and Shelli's websites. I hate freaky things.   OOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Jane

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Shantell,

I love your little Braille Bear. Amazing. You have very talented fingers bear_laugh

Eileen

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Nasturtium looks like he's having lots of fun in the flowers! He's very cute...a little guy with a big personality bear_original

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Shantell, your post made me laugh lol, but I love your little bear!  you are very clever to go that small :)
hugs sarah

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Very cute little one!

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Shantell, wow! ....I remember somebody said had an eye problem.... ME MYSELF WITH PERGECT VISION (YET) CAN NOT IMAGINE HOW TO SEW SUCH A TINYYYYY ONE!!!!!!!

I'm impressed... have no words...just super!

Julia.

Shantell, hope your eyes getting better.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

What a sweetie!!! beautiful job!

many Hugs Louise

Board footer