Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Ok am I being really stupid or what?  I meant to post this earlier but haven't had a chance to get online that much as of late. 

I signed into ebay the other night and they have done one of their wonderful web changes (ok the wonderful is me being sarcastic) .  I have always had the artist bears section bookmarked on ebay.  Is it just me or is there  no longer an area for artist bears only, it appears they have put all the crap in with artist bears so you are now sifting through pages and pages of absolute garbage (no I'm not looking to buy a build a bear franchise or stuffing machines).

So am I doing something wrong?   Here's what I am doing.

1) From ebay home page I click on dolls and bears

2) The next page shows me Toys & Hobbies (nothing about dolls or bears)

3) Under Toys and Hobbies are other titles  (collector Toys,Kids Toys, HObbies,  etc)

4) I click on Collector Toys and there is a heading for Bears

But there is no listing now for artist bears?

Can someone tell me where I can view the artist bears without getting all the manufactured bears coming up and stuff like that.  It use to be so nice and simple , I can't imagine how anyone can sell an artist bear on ebay anymore as you'd never be able to find them.

OK I"m grumpy and it's late  :crackup:  :crackup:  so time for my bed.  Ebay has ticked me off yet again, I hate it when they keep making changes , you just get use to one way and then they change it again.  Can't they leave well enough alone. 

hugs all  (hopefully I'm just being stupid and there is a simple way to do this)

Shane

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Shane,
     I don't know if this link will work:
What's going on with ebay????????????????? by Densteds

If the link doesn't work, check it out - it was posted July 30th.  All the info you need is there.  Ebay is doing a trial on a new search method.  There is a link at the bottome of the page to opt out.  There are a lot of people upset.  Just read the post.

hugs,

Brenda

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I just don't get what the problem is??? bear_wacko
I click on BUY (top right of screen)
Then DOLLS & BEARS (bottom lrft column)
Then ARTIST Under the BEARS list (half way down left column)
The search results come up and I can further sort by choosing ARTIST MADE or something like that, getting rid of any manufactured ones.
It's the same way it's been for a while.
I posted something similar to this in the last thread Brenda refers to and no one acknowledged me. What am I missing here?????

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Shane, I encountered the same thing...here's my earlier post that Brenda is referring to..

they are trialing a new way of searching and might I say it stinks..anyway if you scroll right down to the bottom of this page http://shop.ebay.com/__Bears_W0QQ_fxdZ1 you can opt out of it....

there's been so many complaints about it on the "search"  ebay discussion board go and have your vote against it, it's just too stupid for words.

Hi Daphne, I  hated it, I went all around the world for sixpence. I just want to go to the artist one of a kind category, I had it bookmarked and used to go straight there....

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I do the same thing as Daphne and get the same results as Daphne...so I'm not sure what the deal is either. 

I click on BUY (top right of screen)
Then DOLLS & BEARS (bottom lrft column)
Then ARTIST Under the BEARS list (half way down left column)
The search results come up and I can further sort by choosing ARTIST MADE** or something like that, getting rid of any manufactured ones.

It's actually OOAK.  ;0
Ebay is just plain WEIRD!!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thank you, Shantell!
I'm glad I'm not the only one!
:hug:

Yes, OOAK... of course... it's all just a habit, I don't pay attention!

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

I think the difference might be US versus Canada and the UK. I still search the same way too.

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Daphne and Nancy, I checked this morning from the UK and I get the same as you, it is as before .......dolls & bears........bears...........artists etc so it must be Canada and Australia.

So sorry I didn't reply this morn but only spotted the post as I was going out the door :hug: and didn't have time to post

Densteds Densteds
Website

In the new search they are trialing, there is no dolls & bears category... like Shane has mentioned bears are under toys & hobbies and you can't get to artist one of a kind....it's not just Australians & Canadians, that are seeing it that way....the US ebay discussion board (search ) is full of comments about it...
This is what you get when you click on bears
http://shop.ebay.com/__Bears_W0QQ_fxdZ1

I just found out that randomly chosen ebay ids are involved in the new trial...here's a notice from Ebay

Our Test Plan

Later this month, a small percentage of buyers (selected at random) will start seeing the new search results pages. An even smaller number of buyers will also see the new design on eBay Motors.

We will keep you informed about plans to launch this new design to the whole site after we complete our testing period.

If you’d like to see what the new design looks like, please see our information page. Please provide your feedback, questions or issues regarding the new search results page by posting your comments to this thread. We will be reviewing and responding to your comments and questions on this discussion thread periodically throughout this test phase. I will post a link to a Community Workshop that we will be hosting on August 24th from 12noon - 1pm PT to gather your feedback.

Thank you in advance to for your help and support during this test! We hope you find the changes we have made both fun and helpful in improving your finding experience.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Oh no time to bambard ebay with "No way" I think.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Denise,
     Thanks for the information - I guess I was one of the "unlucky" ones, because I had the new search pages and they are awful!  I've sent to emails and signed the "thumbs down" link you gave as well.  I hope this doesn't go through - what a shambles!

hugs,

Brenda

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Brenda,
you're being very kind calling it a shambles, that's too mild for it... bear_angry  bear_angry Like you  I was one of the unlucky ones too, couldn't believe when I tried to find the artist bears... obviously it's a mess in all categories no one can find anything, everyone's up in arms over it, so surely ebay will listen..for once! :pray:

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Thanks Denise for the link, I was able to go back in and opt out of that new ebay search.   

Just for the record it had nothing to do with Ebay Canada as I only use Ebay.com.   It would appear that users were selected at random to test drive this new crappy idea of Ebay's. Thankfully I was able to get back to where I was before. 

Thanks for your help and for everyone's input.

Big hugs

Shane

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Interestingly when I search on ebay.ca I get the old system and when I use ebay.com I get the new one - which I just HATE!!!! What were they thinking!!!! bear_wacko  And when I got the new system on ebay.com I wasn't signed in so I don't know how it could be select people getting it?????
I haven't listed on ebay for a while and wanted to put some bears up but now I wonder if it is even worth it as who knows how many people are being affected by this and if they will know how to change back to the old system. I sure hope ebay will switch it back - if it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

They would most likely still be able to identify yu by your cookies and IP address.

Board footer