Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Omg,  bear_grin  I have pretty much lost my voice from talking too much today.. lol. I got up at 5am to start my travels to Calgary from Edmonton.
The show was so much fun! It was awesome to put faces to names, bears to makers .. and of course to visit with people I have not seen since the bear fair. I came home with one of Krista's sweeties.. I just love him! yay! Soo many wonderful bears I wanted to bring home with me.. I kept trying to bear-nap bears... but no one was falling for my "HEY, look over there!", teeheee. I got  some awesome fabrics too, which I have been dreaming about now since I got back... like I needed more fabric, hahaha, But I "needed" it.. lol.
It was exciting to attend an all bear show again.. Thank you Heather for putting in the effort to bring us a show!

I didn't take any pictures... but I saw Heather and others running around with a camera  :photo:  so I'm sure they will post some bear_original

But anyway, I have been driving for 7 hours today and I am toooooooo tired... I just wanted to pop in since I didn't see anyone else
post yet. It was awesome meeting so many of you... my appologies if I missed anyone from here.. I tried to make sure I attacked everyone  bear_grin heehee.
Have a wonderful night!
Bear Hugs!
Melanie

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Hi Melanie,

I agree that the show was a great success!  I met a lot of Artist and it is wonderful to put a face to a bear :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: so to speak!

I've just posted some pics in Show and Travel.

Summer5 Pawssibles
Loon Lake, Saskatchewan

Glad to here you had a good time at the Calgary Show.  Were there many collectors there?  I attended a couple of years ago, did well, but there weren't many bear collectors.  Just curious to know if the collectors were there.

Thanks.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Jo, this was the first year for this show that Heather organized so the show you attended in Calgary a couple years ago must have been either the doll show or the sewing show with the bear alley section??? This show was JUST bears (well some of Veronica's fabulous hand made dolls too, but not dolls in general!) and the people who attended came to buy bears so even though there wasn't a HUGE crowd it was steady all day and I think most people did fairly well - I know I was really pleased with the sales. I sold 16 bears and quite a few pieces of fabric, and bought 3 bears (two little manufactured minis and a Bruinwerks bear that I COULDN'T resist even though I had NO intention of buying any bears! (Thanks, Cheryl!) and two pieces of fabric, and got my calendars and cards from Julie - the calendars are wonderful!!!! and I am definitely going to order some of her coasters, they are so nice!!!! - and had so much fun - so it was really a success in my opinion! I only wish I could have bought more bears - there was some incredible stuff there! With more advertising and word of the show spreading I think it will be even better next year. I can't say enough about what a fabulous job Heather did organizing it - just so many things that I REALLY liked about this show! Also it was so much fun to meet some of the TTer's that I hadn't met before and to see some other bear people that I haven't seen in a while! I'd definitely recommend this show! I've got some photos - although they didn't turn out great as the lighting wasn't super but I'll post some as soon as I get time to resize them - likely not til tomorrow as our daughter is down for the weekend.

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Oh, man.... I am still bagged.  I must have been too animated and too busy or something!  but, what a great time!  I loved the lighting because it was soft and relaxing...and... made ME feel like I looked less wrinkly.. :crackup:

I thought the venue was great and I was very happy with all aspects of the show.  Heather pulled it all together.  Way to go Heather!  It was my first show so I really had absolutely no clue as to what to expect as far as sales were concerned but definitely wanted to support it anyway.  I have to say I am ecstatic with my own results and also got orders for a few more little things.   I really thought the black table covers were great....somebody told me they would be white and I am so glad they were not....the black was just so much more effective and classy to my way of thinking....and made all the other decorator colours really "pop".... everything looked much richer on all the tables.   White would have been just ...blah..... 

I bought some fabrics... one of Edie's teeeeeensy weeeeeeensy little bears....(Kait is so cute Edie and the workmanship on one so tiny is amazing).... just love her; traded a bear for some other goodies from another exhibitor who was so happy to be able to attend a "bear only" show once again, just to see old friends and make some new ones.   I think everybody had a wonderful time.

Met some great collectors; already had 3 people email me and also go to my picturetrail site to check out my other "stuff".  I used a few of my dolls as part of my table decor because my bears are pretty small and also I felt that I did not really have enough .... so also met some doll collectors and heard from one of those already today as well.  All in all...I think it was a great success. 

Yes.... just a bit more advertising and a few more exhibitors...and this could be the beginning of something big.

K Pawz Guest

Thanks Melanie, it was so great to have you come all that way to see us!!! I hope your little wee one is behaving himself!

I was very impressed with everything about the show, Heather YOU ROCK!!!
I agree that the black was awesome, I was elated when I saw them as I was expecting white too!!!

I just got home myself, so am off to download pictures

Hugs,
Krista

Strike A Paw Posts: 535

It was a fabulous show!  I had an absolute blast meeting everyone!!  I walked away with a bear from Wendy Anderson and one from Edie!!  I love them both to death and can't wait to photograph them.  I even picked up a book and some materials to try my hand at needle felting - wish me luck or send me BAND-AIDS!!!  Krista, I am still dreaming of your Koala Bear - he was just stunning!!  Sales were good, but the company was even better.

Hugs,

Julie

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

I am so glad to hear that everyone had such a good time and that the show was  a sucess!!!

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

lol, I am still exhausted.. but I think that is mostly due to the stress of knowing I have to get a wisdom tooth out tomorrow  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry .
Krista, little Riley is being a good little bear, Brad said he looks like his stepmom.. lol.. and he kind of does with the Green eyes with the ginger and blonde hair.. lol. SOooo Brad has been calling him Brenda..  bear_grin 
Glad to hear everyone else had fun and decent sales.. It's a shame more people didn't make it.. but at least people were shopping, yay! bear_original
I think next year with more word out it will be even better!
Bear Hugs!
Melanie

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

It is wonderful to here such positives from a bear collector. !!! I am so glad this show was a success. :dance:  :dance:

Summer5 Pawssibles
Loon Lake, Saskatchewan

The show sounds like a great success.  Glad to hear everyone did so well.  I'll be there next year.

Board footer