Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpgHi everyone, a few weekends ago we visited Giverny, the painter Claude Monet's garden.  I have wanted to visit this for MANY years and finally we got there bear_original    I took TONNES of photos so hard to choose what to show here but here is a very small selection.  It was a vast garden and divided in two, with the water lilly garden on the other side of a road under a tunnel!!   The water garden was beautiful with it's wisteria arched bridge and water lillies with willows leaning over the water, just as in his paintings.  Flowers everywhere including lots of beautiful old fashioned roses.  We also went inside his farmhouse, but were not allowed to take photos - but the rooms were wonderful, a yellow dining room, blue kitchen  just as it was in his time..

I hope you enjoy this small selection
Beary hugs
Catherine
x

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Ooooooh, what a beautiful garden!
I would have loved to be there too.
I love taking photos of flowers.

Thanks for sharing!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

I envy you Catherine ... Monet is one of my favourite artists.
Thank you for sharing your photos.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Breath-taking, Catherine . . . thanks so much for sharing!

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Gorgeous pics Catherine, must go there sometime

Pauline

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

What a picture Cathrine no wonder Monet was inspired by this wonderful garden. Thanks for sharing

svgartistbears Posts: 62

Wowee, now thats what i call a garden to die for. Thanks so much Catherine, for posting your lovely pictures of my favourite garden in the world, when i wnet it was wet and rainy and the photos come out all grey, doesnt it make a difference with the gorgeous photos of that magic space? I bet you have been inspired by that experience too you lucky Gal.  thankyou,  bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Beautiful pics Catherine. It must have been a truely amazing experience to see the reality against the paintings. :dance:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

how pretty!  I love Monet's paintings.   bear_original  bear_wub

Board footer