Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Today was the first day.  We opened at 1:00 pm and closed at 5:00 pm and was opened to trade only.  Saturday and Sunday we are open to collectors and the public.  We have had a great show so far.
I'll post pictures after I get them re-sized.
That's all for now.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh wonderful, Jared!!  Looking forward to more report!!   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Polo, IL

Here's the pictures that I promised.
Most of them are pictures of our booth.  My batteries died before I could get around to take more pictures.
DCP03826.JPG

My sister is making the dolls and they have been popular at this show.
DCP03827.JPG

Pictured here is Maemie and Her dove along with several of her frends.
DCP03830.JPG

TTer Karen Lyons
DCP03832.JPG

Candi Taylor's Snow White and the Seven Drawfs
DCP03834.JPG

And her Puss-in-Boots
DCP03835.JPG

And I promise more pictures tomorrow.  Yes, I have fresh batteries.
Don't forget we will find out who has won the Golden Teddies.  And there is another surprise in store!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Great photos, Jared!  Your tables look terrific and that kitty on Karen's shoulder is to die for!  Wow - all of that talent!  Have bunches of fun.

Polo, IL

Ok I got more photos today, but I had to get my homework done tonight.  It is hard to post homework when I don't have an internet connection and I don't get an internet connection on the airplane.
Mum was awarded a Theodore Society Ambassdor Award this evening before the Golden Teddies.  Talk about a shock to the system...  But I am so proud of my mum!
Samantha Potter, she won a Golden Teddy, and her husband sat next to us during the awards and we chatted for a bit.  It is always fun to meet fellow TTers, but even more fun when they are from another country.

Polo, IL

Canna Bears
Picture_001.jpg

Special Canna Bears
Picture_002.jpg

Nancy Dane
Picture_003.jpg

More of Nancy's table
Picture_004.jpg

Fool's Gold Bears
Picture_005.jpg

Two very cute bears
Picture_006.jpg

Polo, IL

When I get home I will post the remainder of the pictures.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Great pictures, congrats to your mum.  Can't wai t hear all about it!

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

wow great pictures - look forward to seeing some more.

Well done to your mum and good luck with the rest of the show!

Hugs Ali x

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

BRAVO, Jane . . . that is great news!  So pleased that you were the recipient of the Theodore Society Ambassador Award!  Well deserved.  And Samantha won a Golden Teddy?  Super wonderful . . . way to go!!!  Laure, if you ever get on here to lurk, those little bears are adorable!  Thanks much for the photos, Jared - will look forward to more.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Jared thanks for sharing the great pics and Congratulations to Mum and Samantha  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Great pics Jared!!!  It was so nice to meet you and your Mum.  It was a shame there wasn't more time to chat before the awards ceremony got going.  I hope you had a really successful Expo!! bear_thumb

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Great pictures, Jared! and Congratulations Jane!! :clap:  :clap:

Polo, IL

I am currently working on the rest of the photos.
I got my homework done Saturday night with one eye open.
Then I crawled into bed.
Sunday after the show was over, we packed and left for the airport.  We were home by 12:00 am.  Talk about a quick trip.

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

super pics, thankyou very much for sharing with us
cat xxxx

Polo, IL

Here is TonniBears from The Netherlands
Picture_007.jpg
Picture_008.jpg

Beckner Bears
Picture_009.jpg
Picture_010.jpg

Mac Pohlen
Picture_011.jpg
Picture_012.jpg

Mill Creek Creations
Picture_013.jpg
Picture_014.jpg

Polo, IL

Teddy Kingdom - Bears By Lena Volkova
Picture_015.jpg
Picture_016.jpg

My computer is giving me fits, give me a few minutes and I will have more pics posted

Polo, IL

Twins Cubs - Lisa
Picture_018.jpg
Look at these adorable creatures!
Picture_019.jpg

Here's a picture from the Toy Shoppe Booth.
This is the lion that didn't come home with me...  bear_cry
Picture_026.jpg

Bears of the Abbey
Picture_022.jpg
This is Susan's new line of dolls.  This guy is having the same kind of hair day that I am.
Picture_023.jpg

And now we come to Good Bears of The World.
Here is Terrie Strong on the left and two local GB members
Picture_037.jpg
Picture of the GBTW Booth
Picture_038.jpg

Joe Jones presenting mum (Jane Monroe) with her Theodore Society Ambassador Award! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  (ok so I am a little biased)
Picture_044.jpg

Here is our very own Samantha Potter with her Golden Teddy!  Way to go Samantha!
Picture_045.jpg

Industry trend setter, Michelle Lamb, with her Golden Teddy.  Many congrats to Michelle!
Picture_046a.jpg

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Great photo's Jared, how did you manage to get home work done after a days trading. Thanks again for sharing it is so good to put face's to names.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

:clap: Great pictures Jared, I also enjoyed the article in the new Teddy Bear Review magazine.  Such great information on you and your mother, I love both the bears and the hares.  Keep up the good work!

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Fabulous pictures Jared!....thanks for sharing, it looks a wonderful event...hopefully one day I will get to come

over, and meet you all!!!

Congratulations to your Mum!!

Hugs Yvonne  bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Polo, IL

Well,
I managed to get all of my reading for Econ in the airport and then I got most of my reading for Humanities done on the plane, which I finished in the hotel room on Friday night.  Like I said, I had to do it with one eye open.  I even managed to take a quiz in Econ and passed it.  Oh, well just a few more quarters to go and I'll be done.

On a sad note...  bear_cry
Teddy Bear Artist, Nancy Dane learned of her brother's sudden passing on Sunday.  I contacted and asked her if it would be ok to let you all know and to post her e-mail.  So if you would please keep her in your thoughts and prayers I know that would mean a great deal to her.  If you would like to drop her a line you may do so by contacting her @ BENTBEARS@aol.com.

We had an excellent show and would encourage more artists (teddy bear & doll) to attend this event.  The crowd was steady all day Friday and Saturday, at some points it was hard to move about the floor, that is a good thing!  Sunday was slow, but Sundays usually are, but even at that we had a good day.  Many of the artists I talked with said that they had a good time as well as good sales.  That is what we all like to hear.

Yes, it was hot and sticky, but there is an upside to doing a show at a hotel.  We avoided most of that by staying in the hotel.  There is a CVS Pharmacy down the block from the hotel where I grabbed some pop and a small fan.  And there is also a small grocery store, local resturants, and McDonald's where you can get food too.  So you are not limited to the hotel's restaurants.  All of this within walking distance.

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Thanks for the fantastic photos Jared - it was really great to see everyone's wonderful creations through your camera lens.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Fabulous photos Jared! Big congratulations to your Mom! Thanks for posting!

Pages:

Board footer