Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hey guys,

My mom is planning my baby shower, but I want to do the favors.
It's tough bec. this is a co-ed shower as MOST of my friends are guys so little baby bottles filled with candy would just be wasted on them.

so..........what do you think about these?? There are also some that are more shower related and I'll get some of those for the girls and family.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … :IT&ih=015

cute? Or is it lame to give these out.
I'm also thinking of buying more expensive ducks, or something else duck related for the prizes.

One of the games I want to play is to fill a jar with these mini ducks........
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie … :IT&ih=016
as in a 'guess how many in the jar' kinda game. Then people can just grab handfulls of them when they leave.

So please be honest. Is this a lame idea?? I think it's cool but that's just me. But man, searching for rubber ducks on ebay, it's REAL tempting to want to buy a bunch for me! LOL

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I think they are cool...but then I come from University of Oregon country...Home of the DUCKS!!!    :crackup:   :crackup:   :crackup:

Go for it...nothing wrong with a rubber ducky floating around in the tub...and don't let any guy try and convince you they don't like to play with things in the the bath tub...they are lying.  bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Well, I like rubber ducks . . . I have one sitting on the side of my bathtub.  That first link you gave - wow, that ebay store has all the ducks one would ever want.  I think the duck theme would be good for a shower.

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Go with the ducks.  I love rubber duckies.  I have a little collection in my guest bathroom and I did the whole bathroom in rubber ducky decor when my girls were little.  I think guys would like them too.

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Although I hardly think that people automatically think of me when they think "cool" :rolleyes:...
I think they're really cute and babyish without being 'precious'. We have some floating in our backyard pond.

Cheryl bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Rubber Duckies will ALWAYS be cool!
200px-Bert_and_Ernie.JPG

"Rubber duckie... you're the one!"

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

"You make bathtime lots of fun..." bear_original  I love that song.

Heather, did you know there's actually a whole market niche for collectible rubber ducks? Our local gift shop which carries only really high quality and pricey stuff has a whole line of them, wearing various outfits.

I think it would be a very cool gift!

One of my best friends, who has a kinda wacky artistic temperament, had a shower and they played the weirdest but most fun game.  Everyone got a square of Hubba Bubba bubble gum (the fat soft chewy kind) and then, using only mouths and two toothpicks, had to fashion a "baby" out of the chewed up bubble gum.  Results placed by each participants on a plain white index card and then reviewed by the "judges."  Yes, it sounds totally disgusting and gross.  But it was sooooooo fun and a real ice breaker and after that the party really went into overdrive because all defenses were let down after we showed one another our spit.  I did not win but came in second to another good friend.  It's actually amazing how babylike a piece of chewed up bubble gum can be...

bear_original

Very exciting, reading about your shower and impending wee one.  Whee!

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio
shantell wrote:

and don't let any guy try and convince you they don't like to play with things in the the bath tub...they are lying.  :)

Shantell, :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Heather, I love rubber duckies!!!  I think that's a fun idea!!!

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Shantell, you have a dirty mind........LOL

Daphne, gee thanks. Now I'll be singing that song for a month now! LOL

Soo I'm pretty excited. Sounds lilke my idea isn't super lame! YAY!!!!

Cool game idea Shelli!!!
we're also going to play the 'diaper' game. I played this before at another shower. It's where you take a piece of chocolate, melt it a bit and squish it into a diaper. Do this with a bunch of different choc. bars and number the diapers. Then the guests have to open the 'poopy' diaper and smell it to guess what choc. bar it is.
it's soo gross and soo much fun.

And good to know the rubber ducks don't only appeal to me. Keep the opinions coming but thanks so far!!!

oh and Cheryl, I think you're cool and let me tell you. everyone of my friends that came to the bear show mentioned you and how cool your creations were.........so..............you're cool! LOL

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

yup
they are
cat xxxx

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton
psichick78 wrote:

oh and Cheryl, I think you're cool and let me tell you. everyone of my friends that came to the bear show mentioned you and how cool your creations were.........so..............you're cool! LOL

:redface:  bear_grin  :redface:  bear_grin  :redface:  bear_grin

Cheryl :rose:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I have rubber duckies in my bathroom and one floating in the hot tub! they are way cool.

Marion

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon
psichick78 wrote:

Shantell, you have a dirty mind........LOL

:redface:   :redface:   :redface:  busted!!!  LOL

But on a serious note...I more than once caught my ex playing with the kid's toys in the tubby when they were little and the kids weren't in the tub with him.   bear_grin

And, my 16 year old took a bath here recently to relax his achy muscles after practice and I have some "It's A Small World" toys (little boat with people of different countries) in the bathroom and they were mysteriously wet afterwards.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Shelli's game sounds like a lot of fun.  I know I've played some fun games at baby showers but I can't remember any.  Old-timers has set in.

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Over here at my Uni our charity group is called DUCK (Durham University Charity Kommitee) and every year we have to Great DUCK race bear_tongue Here about 10,000 rubber duckies are chucked into the river by a giant digger, and the first one to make it to the second bride wins about £5000 i think (I didn't win XD)  I'll upload the piccys sometime... I think Ducks rock.  bear_laugh

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

I think rubber duckies are cool.
I've also found them at orientaltrading.com, they have a bunch of them and I think some with diapers too.

Duckies rule!!! bear_grin

Joan

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What a fun idea for your baby shower.

I was given a duck with the Louis Vuitton print on it for a birthday gift from a friend.
I think that everyone loves a rubber duckie - reminds one of happy childhood days.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

OMG...the little duck in the armor suit is ADORABLE! I think the ducks are a good idea! I say go for it!! Boy, rubber duckies have come a long way since i was a kid. They were just plain ol' yellow!
As far as the devil ducks, well....I dont think baby showers and devil ducks really go hand in hand *giggles* Ya gotta find some mini ducks exactly like that minus the horns. Thats just my honest opinion. I certainly dont mean to burst any bubbles becasue I think the idea is great...just not a fan of the devils.

Games....the basic games: diaper pin game, you know where everyone is given a diaper pin when they arrive and if they cross their legs or say the word baby, whoever catches them gets their pin and all their pins they have accumulated.

Smell the baby food....ugghh, this one gags me, but it seems to be a popular one. Take the label off of 10 types of baby food and label them 1-10. Pass a tray around with the unlabeled jars on it and people have to write down what they are by smell......ewwww! Remember to make yourself a list of what each one is.

A better version of that game is to put 10-20 baby related items on a tray and show your guests them for 30 sec. They have to remember what is on the tray and write it down. He who remembers the most items, wins!

Ok, thats my two cents

Have a GREAT baby shower!!!

Bear Hugs,

Kim

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Heather I think the rubber duckies are a great idea! Like Kim I had no idea that rubber duckies have come so far since I was a toddler playing with them in the tub - (too many moons ago to count!!!) Go for it and have a super fun baby shower!

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Rubber Duckies are the total best...when I went to Texas last month to finally meet my foster granddaughter...her bathtub was surrounded with them...I say it a go!!!

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Thanks guys,
rubber ducks it is. I feel much more relaxed that it's not only me that have a found a certain appeal in these cool duckies.

Shantell you still crack me up! Men will always be boys!

now I just have to figure out how to wrap them........LOL   bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

I love rubber ducks, one year I painted and customized a whole bunch of them.  Which brings me to my suggestion.......why not buy some regular yellow ones and customize them yourself to go along with your shower theme.  You can paint them with acrylics, decoupage them, maybe a little ribbon or beading and turn them into something truly one of a kind.

Board footer