Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

TaffyHeadshot.jpgTaffy1.jpgSilly me . . . I thought I would stretch the sides of my design box and do something a little different.  So, I tweaked one of my anime style patterns, used two different styles of mohair and created something that - in the finished product - really doesn't look like the picture I had in my head.  Paul says it looks like a lion instead of a bear.  Does she (her name is Taffy) look too much like a lion?  She is 13" tall.  The photos look less like a lion than the real bear in the fur, actually.  Her muzzle is longer than the pics show and the fur at the top of her head looks much fuller in reality.  I've got her for sale on my website, but don't know if I should promote her as a bear, or not.

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

She looks like a bear to me!  I think she's just fabulous  bear_wub

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Little bit puppy for me...but whole lot cute bear! bear_wub
She might inspire a 'taffy pull' bear_rolleyes  bear_grin

Cheryl bear_flower

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

She doesn't strike me as a lion.  I see a little girl with one of those short, poofy, messy (in a good way) haircuts. Maybe a touch of tomboy in her. Anyway, that's my take on her! Definitely a cutie pie!

Kimberly W.

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

It's cute.  Just a little FYI tho, anime is a style of animation as applied to drawing.  The correct word is chibi, which is the style found in anime with a juvenile look and larger head that you have created.  bear_thumb

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

Taffy is really, really sweet, avery, very cute bear.
But if you are really not sure then you could just sell her as a bear who wants to be a lion?

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Definately not too much lion Sue Ann ... I think Taffy is a wonderful new design and I love her to bits!!!
bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Sue Ann she is BEAUTIFUL, I really like her, she looks like a lovely young bear cub who's been playing in the wind and gotten all fluffed up. WONDERFUL A

So cute!!!!

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

I just love her, be she lion or baby bear (sorry know that doesn't help) but she's simply gorgeous  bear_wub 

Hugs Ali x

svgartistbears Posts: 62

she just looks like shes been into mischief sue ann and shes just gorgeous with her dreamy eyes and the cutest nose out. That is a great look with the length of hair on the head,sooo snuggly congratulations :hug:  :hug:  bear_flower

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I thought bear cub too. She is lovely.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I thought of puppy as well, SueAnn...a cute little terrier type puppy.  Darling...simply a darling!!

Federbaerchen Federbaerchen
Munich - Germany

Hi SueAnn,
I love Taffy  bear_wub
I would never have thought to a lion if had not written it!
Taffy is a lovely bear, I like her face very much and most of all I like her hairstyle! A big hug for Tuffy from me  bear_thumb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Oh my . . . thank you all for such lovely comments!  Whatever she might be, Taffy is a fun-lover at heart and I might make a few more.  I do appreciate your responses and help in defining her "species" - even though she didn't turn out the way I had planned.  And I learned a new word - "chibi" - as well.  Thanks for that, Kelly.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I'm thinking a puppy look, too. But, whatever you decide she is, she is one adorable little darling. Maybe this is a new series for you, Sue Ann. bear_wub

Dilu Posts: 8,574

ABSOLUTELTY FANTABULOUSLY ADORABLE!!! bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Way to go Sue Ann!

PS.....you are right!

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

She is a bear cub, a really cute and beautiful one too Sue-Ann , love her  bear_wub  bear_wub

Pauline

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

She is cute whatever she decides to be. :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Sue Ann....... the first thought I had after "Awwww" was Cairn Terrier. I know you have one and my folks have two. The hair around Taffy's face reminds me of a young Cairn or one with a show trim! But Taffy is not a dog..... or a lion.... she's an absolutely adorable bear!

Sandi.... you are correct in your definitions and the teddy bear world... collectors and artists... recognize that style of bear as being referred to as "Anime".... c'est la vie!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Sue Ann... I LOVE this new style bear of yours!  She reminds me of someone with beautiful poufy hair... not using "poufy" in a bad way.... I WISH my hair could be "poufy"  bear_grin

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

SueAnn I love this new design she is so cute

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

I do really appreciate your kind replies about Taffy!!!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  Daphne - you may be quite right.  I love the cairn terrier look and may have subconsciously styled her hair that way.  I do know that it took a LOT of will power to stop trimming that long fur her head was made from.  Thank you again, my friends . . . I'm grateful for your feedback!

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

I think she is wonderful, Sue Ann.  I love her proportions!

Board footer