Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

This has been discussed in different ways but still would like to hear your thoughts.
I have had a year off (almost) from making bears in that time I haven't sold anything either.  Prior to that I sold quite a few things but not heaps.

Now the question is I am moving away from making bears.  I prefer making dogs and cats plus occasionally other critters.

So would I be better off changing my name to something different (have no idea what) to reflect what I do or even to move away from a set idea (ie bears only) or leaving it as is because of previous custom?

Thanks

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Bronwen: I'm not an expert in this for I sew bears for a hobby and have no business name. But I do collect jewelry and one thing is the style of the artist is seen over the years and this adds to the collectability. Meaning you started with bears and moved on to other types of critters. Collectors down the road will have your early and later works. If you change your name, I think it detracts from your earlier work and perhaps not as collectable. Just my two cents.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I agree with Helen, but I have a suggestion. Maybe just ADD to your name.. Like Bainbridge Bears and Friends or Bainbridge Bears and pets... etc

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Bainbridge Bears & Critters

Or I'd just leave it alone. If you were going away from plush altogether and say making pottery instead then it would make sense to change it.

3 years from now you may decide to go back to making just bears! bear_original

Summer5 Pawssibles
Loon Lake, Saskatchewan

I agree with the above.  If you want a change just add 'critters' or 'friends'.  I'm sure by keeping your original name people who have previously purchased one of your bears would be interested in seeing any new line of animal you are now making.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

That sounds like the ticket.  Thanks everybody.
Sometimes the obvious answer just hides from view.

Board footer