Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Just got this email and though i would share it with you all .

Hugs
Vicki

Being British is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.
And the most British thing of all? Suspicion of all things foreign!

Only in Britain can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

Only in Britain do supermarkets make sick people walk all the way to the back of the shop to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

Only in Britain do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and a DIET coke.
Only in Britain do banks leave both doors open and chain the pens to the counters.
Only in Britain do we leave cars worth thousands of pounds on the drive and lock our junk and cheap lawn mower in the garage.
Only in Britain do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.
Only in Britain are there disabled parking places in front of a skating rink.

NOT TO MENTION..

3 Brits die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue.

142 Brits were injured in 1999 by not removing all pins from new shirts.

58 Brits are injured each year by using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers.

31 Brits have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the fairy lights were plugged in.

19 Brits have died in the last 3 years believing that Christmas decorations were chocolate.
British Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after Xmas>cracker-pulling accidents.

18 Brits had serious burns in 2000 trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth.

A massive 543 Brits were admitted to A&E in the last two years after trying to open bottles of beer with their teeth.

5 Brits were injured last year in accidents involving out-of-control Scalextric cars.

and finally... In 2000 eight Brits were admitted to hospital with fractured skulls incurred whilst throwing up into the toilet.

:crackup:

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

He! He!  Yep!   That's us alright!!!  .....  (unfortunately!)  bear_wacko

A laugh before bedtime - brilliant!

'night 'night!

Hugs

Marilyn

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Glad you liked it lol

Night Marilyn

Hugs
Vicki

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  Sadly very true  :crackup:  :crackup:

puca bears puca bears

The bit about the disabled parking in front of the skating rink reminded me of one that always causes the giggles here (in Germany) - the sign which reads "Blind school.......PARKING"!
huggies
Maria

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Thats us Brits, makes you proud dosen't it  bear_grin 

Thanks Vicki, hugs Ali x

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Sounds like Us Americans too !!! I guess we all are a sorry lot !!! :crackup:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I was thinking the same, Jodi.....the Colonies didn't fall far from the tree  bear_laugh  :crackup:

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: Sounds like Canadians too!  :crackup:  :crackup:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

:crackup:  :crackup:

puca bears wrote:

The bit about the disabled parking in front of the skating rink reminded me of one that always causes the giggles here (in Germany) - the sign which reads "Blind school.......PARKING"!
huggies
Maria

Maria, That reminds me of how here is the USA there are drive through anytime teller machines with Braille on the keypads!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: Good one - it could go for Aussies too you know -but I'm sure that the amount of people in the hospitals would be up much further - especially the beer bottle one hahaha   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
Danni

Stellajella Wien

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  yeah yeah...you brits  :hug:

Gaby bear_flower

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

It made me laugh it is so true! :crackup:
I drive a German car, I have a brass bed surround that came from India, all my garden stone came from India too, and my sewing machine is from Japan.
I reckon there isn't much made in the UK any more! My husband burnt his hand on the iron, he doesn’t iron he was testing to see if it was still hot! he is an intelligent adult.

hugs Kerren

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
And the best part is that the
BRITS REALLY KNOW HOW TO LAUGH...EVEN AT THEMSELVES!!!  bear_thumb

I wonder if that's the reason they live so long?????

Board footer