Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

bunny-001.jpgbunny-004.jpgahem excuse the bad photos - just got my camera and been playing around even though it's night time and I shouldn't be taking photos!!
Here's the mini bunny I made from the Sassy Bears long pile fabric.  He measures in at 1.5 inches (not including earsies) and will never leave my possession as he is actually a disabled bunny - his left leg is detachable!  He is fully cotter pin jointed except one of the cotter pins collapsed and his leg came off!!  i haven't been brave enough yet to fully trim his face but I will get there!

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Oh, he's a little cutie! Shame about his leg though, but I guess that makes him even more special (and mummy will love him anyway!).

As for trimming, I find there's only one thing to do --- just go for it!  bear_grin

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

At least you have an excuse to keep him Melissa! He is so cute! Really nice fabric too...really suits the size. String jointing seems the least frustrating and surefire way with the real littlies...not that I would know personally...but my friend Rosey is a miniature pro and she string joints all her minis. The joints are very firm but they can still either sit or stand.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh my, I'd keep him, too, but just because I wouldn't be able to part with him!  Wonderful!  :clap:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

oooh he is really very adorable!

Well done!
Danni

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a fuzzy little sweetheart this bunny is.  Looks so snuggly.  Really cute!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh he is sooooo cute.  I can't believe he is so small.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:clap: bear_wub What a great bunny, and so tiny!!! I'm amazed! Very impressive!

Eileen

Wellington, New Zealand
Website

the only annoying this is now that I know how small he is, I've psyched myself out of making another one but I have to make one to accompany my next auction bear so this weekend think of my poor fingers as the quilting needle pokes big holes in it!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Cute bunny, well done. So tinny....  :clap:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Aww no one gets through life totally in one piece!  Yes, he had a broken leg....ah well, I'm betting he will be able to hop again as well as he did before.   :dance:

He is a sweetie-the tiny ones, I find relaxing to work on them in the evening....but 2" and under I do by hand.....did you?

He looks wonderful.

Dilu

Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I sew everything by hand - even when I did big bears (that's about 12-15" inches - small by Sue Ann's standards   bear_laugh  )  I sewed them entirely by hand.  I can sew by sewing machine - in fact I started using a sewing machine about age 6 and failed handsewing at school!  But, if I sew my bears by machine I don't feel connected to them - I guess that's kind of crazy to most people but hey it works for me!

Funny thing is - it's his right leg that's bung and that's my bung leg too - maybe we're meant for each other!  I'm meant to be making another one but keep putting it off.  As it's to go with a thanksgiving bear I better get my a into g and get on with it.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh my gosh, how cute!

many Hugs Louise

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Hi melissa
Your bunny is adorable. bear_innocent  You work really small too!  Very clever. :clap:
Oh I've had the cotter pin slip out too!  So frustrating!  I do everything I can to stop anything like that happening again, but its hard when they are small...you don't want any metal poking through!
hugs sarah  bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA
melissa wrote:

will never leave my possession as he is actually a disabled bunny - his left leg is detachable!

Sorry, but I'm sitting here wetting myself bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

LOve the bunny by the way.

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

So small and so adorable ! :love:
I would love him even with a broken leg ! bear_original

Board footer