Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

maureen-003.jpgFirst, I would like to thank everyone for all of their prayers for me and my family.  You don't know how much we appreciate that.  I know that is what has helped me to cope with my daughter's death.  I have so many questions, and life seems so unfair at times, but knowing there are those lifting me up in prayer gives me strength.

I have not accomplished much, but I do want to share with you my own personal project.  The picture is an ostrich egg that I have painted.  There is a story behind this egg.  Some of you may remember the pregnant pony, Buttercup, we took in as a recue.  Well, in July she gave birth to a precious little filly who was still born.  My daughter took this death of this baby so hard and at the time I didn't understand.  After my daughter died three weeks later, we were on our way to the funeral home and suddenly it came to me that she was so upset because she wanted me to have this colt to remember her by.  This really upset me terribly until I seen a picture in my mind of my daughter and this baby walking together in a peaceful meadow.  The picture I have painted on this egg is that picture of Tiffany and the baby.  It has been a real help to me to be able to paint this.

Again, I thank you all.  I am hoping to be back in the bear mode soon.  Actually, I am going to list on Bid 4 Bears a rabbit that I made a few months ago.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a beautiful tribute and such a touching story, Nina.  Your painting has a sweetness and a hopefulness to it that's palpable.  I'm glad you're working through it all with increasing peace.

bear_flower

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

My heart goes out to you, Nina.  May you continue to sense God's presence in your life, and may he lead you into his perfect peace.    bear_flower

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Dearest Nina, I can not add any more than Shelli,
Take each day one at a time you will have good ones and bad,
Your egg is truely stunning, it is both a work of art and  a life long treasure

Sue xxx

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Just an awesomely gentle way to get through your grief, Nina.  I do hope you are finding some peace, comfort, and understanding as the days go on.  Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us and I welcome you back to the bear world when you are ready.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

You are in my heart and my thoughts.  What a beautiful and touching piece of art - thank you for sharing it with us all. :hug:  :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Nina, thank you for sharing your touching story I hope you continue to find comfort and peace. Looking forward to seeing you back posting when your ready :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Very touching Nina.  I am so sorry for your losses.  I hope you will work through this even though it is so difficult to understand why.  Biggest hugs and prayers.

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Dear Nina, your artwork on this piece is just lovely.  May each new day bring a little more joy to you, and hold on to your wonderful memories.  Look forward to seeing you back more regularly when you feel up to it.

Lynn Wisconsin

Nina, your painting of your daughter and the filly are beautiful.  Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Lynn

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Dear Nina,

What a beautiful tribute to Tiffany and such a precious piece of Artwork. Thank you for sharing with us.
May you find real peace and comfort and we look forward to seeing you and your bears back here, when you are able. 

Warmest bear hugs
Carolyn

:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Dear Nina,

I cannot add any more than what has been said already... but did want to send hugs to you  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs,
Laura Lynn

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Nina, my heart goes out to you, and I'm sending you hugs.  What a nice painting you did.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Nina... words could never express what I am feeling. May GOD be with you and give you peace. The egg is just wonderful and your memories will always be your tressure. Wish I was there to hug you and tell you how very sad I am for you.GOD is watching out over your daughter now and NOTHING could ever hurt her again and she will be waiting for you when it is your time to pass from this life to the next. Do you have other children ?

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Thank you all.

Jodi,  I do have a son.  This has all been so hard on him.  Friday seemed to be a hard day for us for some  reason.  My son's wife said that he cried a lot that day.  There is a trip that we are planning in the spring.  This is a trip that my daughter had wanted us to take, so we are going in remembrance of her.  We will be driving around the southwest for a couple of weeks.  I think that will be a healing step.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I am so glad you have a son also.Bless his heart. It is a lonely feeling to loose a brother or sister, I know. Just stay close....and the trip sounds like a wonderful idea.Oh my , Oh my .... sending hugs your way. Just remember... One Day At A Time ! If you need to talk more feel free to e mail me any time. You know I pray for others ...so if you need some please ask .

Stellajella Wien

Nina,
I remember reading your post- it´s pure not-finding-any-words... and my heart goes out to you! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
The painting on the egg is sooooo beautiful,  bear_wub and soooo calm, as if nothing ever could harm these two again- and never will....

All the best for you and your family!

Gaby bear_flower  :hug:

Board footer