Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Stellajella Wien

Hi ladies and gents,

it´s been a while again, since I was here.
It had started so well after my birthday´s resolution but then I gave in again to stress :)
I´ve been thinking of y´all, I even finished 3 bears, which is a lot compared to the time I have on my hands.
I constantly wonder, how ladies, who need to looks after children and hubby and home and job are handling all that- congratulations to all these clever ladies!!!

And then I found something else to wonder:

HOW MUCH DOES ONE KILO APPLES COAST IN NEW ZEALAND?

Well, you might think, I should change the priority of my interests, but:

1 kilo apples in Austria costs €1,99 (= NZD 3,74) to €2,50 (=NZD 4,87)
if I buy a 2 kilo bag of quite good apples, it costs € 1,99
now, two weeks ago, I found some lovely apples, which tasted great and which costed €0,99(=NZD 1,86)  and were on sale for €0,69 (= NZD 1,29) and came from- yes, you guessed rightly: New Zealand.

Austria is such a small country, that transporting the apples from the furthest point to Vienna, where I live, takes 5 hours, if you´re REALLLY slow....and still, the apples from here cost a fortune compared to the ones, that take a trip from the exact other poin of the world....

OK, I can´t change world economy, even if it does not make any sence, but I´m just curious, that´s why I ask...

Bon appetit!

Gaby bear_flower

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

Hi Gaby

Had a look at the apple prices last night when I was buying my groceries and can you believe it the average price was NZ$3.49/kg - amazing that you can buy them cheaper than us....lucky I am not a great fan of apples bear_laugh

Mel

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

and you get our best apples...the ones we buy are generally the ones that aren't suitable for export.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Gaby,

Yes, it does not make sense that you can buy them cheaper over there, than we can.
The apples are really good - I bought some Royal Gala apples last week, which are just scrumptious.
Enjoy our NZ apples.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

Board footer