Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Picture-060.jpgwell i love any kind of graft, but i do love my doll houses that i built from many  kits  ,When i am not sewing or making teddys  i sit and look in fantasy land and drink my short blacks Fran having fun.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awesome, Fran!!  :clap:  :clap:

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw
jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw
jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Picture-066.jpgdoll house

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

OH, Fran, those are wonderful. I had a brief infatuation with dollhouses and contemplated building one for a bit... bought a trade magazine on the miniatures, etc.  Wow, what a lot of work!  And those tiny pieces of furniture can cost as much as the REAL ones!  I was very surprised at the number of hobbyists, shops, and websites that specialize in this fantastic niche.  I saw one magazine editorial where the artist had remade some old-time rooms -- Victorian?  Edwardian?  Elizabethan?  You can see that the history of interior design and architecture are NOT my forte -- and I swear, in the pictures, it looked EXACTLY LIKE a real museum-styled room might look, if you were touring, say, Versailles, or some castle of antiquity.  Totally amazing.

You've done a great job on your houses, Fran.  I enjoyed the view!

PS  Your house looks enviably clean.  I'm jealous!

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

I am glad you enjoyed my photos, did you see that i have the painter in painting my house so i don't have to do any more work ha! ha!.It took me six week to build the big yellow one and i purchase most of my miniatures at Aztec imports in medina OH mail order so you don't even have to leave the house.

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Thanks for sharing those pics Fran! What a huge amount of work! I wouldn't mind having a little old play in them myself! :dance:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:clap: bear_wub Beautiful, Fran!

I love doll houses, though I've never made any as elegant as yours! They're amazing.

I made my first more-or-less doll house from cardboard and glue for my first-born's second Christmas. Solid as a rock, that one. The second was a Berenstain Bears tree house for my second, complete with twig furniture and bears. The third was of plywood, and it's now serving as my workroom shelving!

Eileen

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Sooo coool!!
I want to come over to your house and play now!!
I guess I've been deprived. I've never had or played with a doll house before. You sure did put alot of work into yours.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

They are amazing...such detail!!!

rikkisbears NSW Australia

Wow, that's lovely Fran.
Do you actually make mini bears to put in it.
I used to buy the odd doll house miniature accesorie to go with some of my mini bears. Some of the doll house miniature hats used to fit nicely on a 3 inch mohair mini bear. I'm not much good at sewing as such , though I did teach myself enough to do the bears. The kits you mentioned sound interesting?
The house is beautiful.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Rikki no i don't know how to make mini bears thats a real talent that you have ,do you use special tool to make your bears i cant even make a real small dress .fran : bear_thumb bear_wub

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Fran, thanks for sharing your pics, those doll house are soooooo gorgeous !!  :love:
I really want doll house ........may be  one day.  :dance:

rikkisbears NSW Australia

Hi Fran,
you'd be surprised.The mini bear fabrics are easier to turn than mohair,the tools like haemostats , plyers , cotter pin turners , awls etc are available in small versions. When I first started making full size bears, I wouldn't have beleived in a million years that I could make a miniature, but it was something I really wanted to do. So I gradually went down in size from my 12 inch mohairs down to about 5 inches, then I swapped to upholstery velvets and went down from approx 4 inches to
my preffered 2 to 3inch size.  Some of my early ones were pretty awful,  but I luv miniature stuff so I persevered.

jazzyrags wrote:

Rikki no i don't know how to make mini bears thats a real talent that you have ,do you use special tool to make your bears i cant even make a real small dress .fran : bear_thumb :love:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Fantastic Fran bear_original  I really love dolls houses and was always a dolly girl when I was little...dolls houses everywhere  :doh:   I've said that when I retire I will build one of these lol Love all the little furniture and everything..and the lighthouse...wow!  :love:
Lovely  bear_innocent bear_flower

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awesome Fran

I was into dollhouses and making miniatures 30 years ago.  My favorite part?

The doll house was always clean and orderly-  gotta love that.

Truly enjoyed seeing your creations

Dilu

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Dilu you wouldn,t like my white dolls house because its a orphanage and full of cobwebs mouse dirty kids, school room on top is the same ha!ha! fran

Deb Upstate New York

Fran ~ You're an amazing talent!

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Fran,
                 I've loved seeing your dolls house ,I too love my miniature world, My cottage is small in comparison to yours ,and do have a nice garden too. I have not had much time to devote to it this year with one thing and another. But I always decorate them up for Xmas. I have 2 room boxes as well.  Hugs Rita xx

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Rita show us your doll house or your room boxes i have two room boxes that i love love to see them Rita Fran

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WOW!!!!flabbagasted, bear_original   bear_thumb

Ayrshire, Scotland.

latest-046.jpgHi Fran ,
              Your house is so large in comparison to mine ,but I love it. Rita xx

Ayrshire, Scotland.

latest-065.jpgThat was the Dining room, ,no Idea whats coming next

Ayrshire, Scotland.

DSCF0043.jpgMore ,this is my room box at Xmas

Pages:

Board footer