Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Quoka.jpgA QUOKKA                            Apparently they are seen nowhere else in the world and can survive without drinking. they get their water surply from fleshy plants. Something tells me Australia has been a dry country for sometime. bear_thumb

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh bear_wub Matilda,

The quokka is so cute!! I need one . . .

Eileen

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I cant believe you are so quick off the mark eileen bear_grin bear_grin

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_grin bear_grin I can't either!  bear_grin

Eileen

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I've never heard of these animals before, but aren't they cute! I just Googled them and now I know all about these furry little creatures...wonderful... Ilove animals...................not spiders though, YUK and double Yuk!!!!!!

Jane

Densteds Densteds
Website

Jane,
you'd best not come and live downunder, cos we've got lots of spiders & snakes!!!!!! I usually find at least one of the latter in my garage each summer....and I'm always amazed how high I can jump!!! bear_grin bear_grin
but as you see from Matilda's post we do have some cute little critters, I have a lot of wallabies & echidna's wandering around my place, I'll see if I can find a photo...

Denise.

Pipa UK

Aw how cute is he.. he reminds me a bit of a tiny tiny wallaby  bear_laugh

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Oohh! Please Denise I would love to see those photos of your animal visitors.
I would love to go to Australia, I have many friends down under and would love to be able to meet up as well as see the beautiful country. BUT you can keep your spiders, I don't mind snakes too much but those other nasty beasts splat the lot!

Jane

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow, how cute. Thanks for posting a picture. Interesting how they don't drink. Koala dont' drink either do they??
Interesting point, my tarantula didn't eat for 2.5 yrs. I thought he was going to die soon untill one attempt to feed him worked. That was about 3 yrs ago. I guess if they don't move, they don't have to eat. Still weird though.
Heather

Deb Upstate New York

ooo, he's cute.  just stay tuned to animal plant.  eventually they'll have a quokka special on.  i love that channel.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

"Splat the lot"??????   bear_original  Don't know that one!  That Quokka is a real cutie!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

OOh he is a cutie.  Isn't that terrible, I'm an aussie, yet I don't believe I've ever heard of that animal.

Oooh sad, but true!
Danni

Densteds Densteds
Website

odd_echidna.jpgred-necked-wallaby.jpgJane, just found these photos, these little fellows make a regular appearance around here..they are so cute, the little echidna (spiny anteater) rolls up in a ball for protection if you go near him. My cat was investigating one the other day but had second thoughts about it...those spikes are very sharp!!

Deb Upstate New York

That one looks like he has a collar.  Do people make pets of them?  Cute little fella.  Make one of mohair!

Densteds Densteds
Website

Deb,
you aren't allowed to keep them as a pet, unless you're with the wildlife rescue service, these people take care of animals injured on the roads, and once they're on the mend they are released back into the bush. The one in the photo is probably at a zoo or a wildlife centre, he looks like he has a tag attached to the collar. A couple of Australian bear artists do make them from mohair, when I see one in the paddock I'll have to sneak up and get some measurements..so I can make up a pattern ha!!

Denise.

Deb Upstate New York

Gosh Denise, that pic is pretty good for pattern shape if you could find a full pic showing legs.  I am using some pics off the web as guides for my polar bear pattern I'm working on.  Anyway, he's a cutie.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

What cute critters you guys.....thank you

bear_tongue

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

How adorable!!! Thanks for the info!

Many Hugs Louise

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Thanks for the pics!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I have never heard of the Quokka - how cute.
Thanks for sharing the pics.

Hugs
Carolyn

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Hi Denise, thanks for posting the pictures of the adorable Kangaroo baby and the Echidna. I love to watch all wildlife, I'd be in seventh heaven in Australia with all your beautiful animals. I just watched a TV program about Aussie animals and they were just amazing. Get rid of the eight legged beasties and I'll come and visit. Maybe I could come with a BIG spray can to protect myself...owwww! now I'm just being cruel!  :twisted:

Jane  bear_laugh

Board footer