Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I was just trawling through eBay (like you do when you're supposed to be working) and saw this announcement - i thought you all might be interested to read it. I know it has been a real pain that listings were no longer on both eBay.com and eBay.co.uk so i think this is good news don't you?

(if this has already been posted somewhere else here - SORRY bear_wacko )

Penny

18 October, 2007 | 03:16PM BST

Every day, more than four million people in the UK log on to eBay.co.uk, and this large number of potential British buyers plays a huge role in making our marketplace attractive for UK sellers.

We know that our sellers also value the ability to reach a global audience for their items.  Earlier this year, we had to remove the free visibility that UK sellers had enjoyed for many years on eBay.com, because the sheer number of UK listings that were appearing there was making it difficult for American buyers to find American items.

Since then, we’ve been testing ways to enable relevant UK items to appear on eBay.com without undermining domestic American trade.  We’ve run tests in a range of different categories, and using a range of different filters, to try to ensure that only items that appeal to American buyers will show up on eBay.com.

We’re going to widen the testing so that when you list an item on eBay.co.uk, it will also be listed automatically on eBay.com if:

The item is listed in the Antiques, Art, Coins, Collectables, Dolls & Bears, Pottery, Porcelain & Glass or Stamps categories
You offer PayPal as one of the payment options for the item (to ensure easy cross-border payments)
You specify the price of postage to the US (to make the total price clear to US buyers)
The item is located in the UK
Similarly, items listed on eBay.com in the same categories, and meeting the equivalent criteria, will appear on eBay.co.uk if their sellers meet an important additional restriction: sellers of items on eBay.com must have feedback of at least 100 and at least 98% positive for their items to appear on eBay.co.uk.  We’ve added this extra qualifying criterion to ensure that the number of overseas listings does not overwhelm UK items.

We’ll be testing the new criteria at least until the New Year.

Thanks for your support – and happy global selling!

Regards,

The eBay Team

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

About time too...thanks Penny...that's brilliant news!!!! Well done eBay..  :clap:  :clap: at least they proved they can listen!

jenny wrote:

About time too...thanks Penny...that's brilliant news!!!! Well done eBay..  :clap:  :clap: at least they proved they can listen!

You're welcome Jen, bout time eBay changed this stupid ruling - i might actually start using it again now. I wonder if it was the amount of complaints that changed their minds or the drop in listings revenue????
hmmmm, i'm just an old cynic but i think it was probably the loss of revenue
Penny
bear_tongue

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Awesome! Thanks for the information.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Penny,
     I'm sure loss of revenue has something to do with it.  Ebay has to be hurting with all the discounts and specials it has been offering.  They changed the way the bidders were displayed, finally, and although it's not perfect, it's certainly better than Bidder 1 and Bidder 2.  I think they will listen if they are suffering financially.  It's great news and applies to those of us listing on Ebay.com, if we follow the rules.  Thanks for posting the information.

hugs,

Brenda

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Lets here it for ebay

And such great news that US bears will be seen in the UK, less hopping about bear_grin

Hi girls - yep, i think that eBay will be all the better for the change. I just checked out the Artists Bears category on eBay.co.uk and guess what? I can see the items listed on eBay.com too! Brilliant.
I know that not all US listings will show up because of the restriction rules but at least now i will be able to see most of them.
Good to hear from you all - long time no see!
Penny
bear_tongue

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

I wonder if that works for us Aussies too... when I list on ebay.com.au the listing appears on ebay.com automatically...I have sold bears to England but I guess it was sighted on .com

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hi Pen!

so good to see you here....you have been missed..... :hug:

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

You specify the price of postage to the US (to make the total price clear to US buyers)

Similarly, items listed on eBay.com in the same categories, and meeting the equivalent criteria, will appear on eBay.co.uk

I know that not all US listings will show up because of the restriction rules but at least now i will be able to see most of them.

I wonder how they're going to 'qualify' us (USA) in listing our postage?? To every continent? Country?

Board footer