Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Pages:
Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Has anyone ever tried to make a dachshund?  I have two. they are my pride and joy.  I would love to commission someone to do this as a birthday gift from me to me.  What would be the cost involved? Jenn

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I have no clue.  But I did hold a tiny mini dachshund/mini poodle mix yesterday, who practically BEGGED to come home with me, which I am still considering.  So I understand your infatuation with these little canine sausages.

Have fun!

Deb Upstate New York

Jenn ~ How about Lisa Pay?  Or Mary H_ _ _ ... (somebody help me).

I held two mini-doxies yesterday.  Brother and sister, black and tan, short hair.  Adorable!  We have a doxie mix (you should have taken the pup home Shelli).  She's a WONDERFUL dog.  Hubby wants long hair, red doxie though, not the black/tan short hair variety.  :/

So I'll wait.

I want picture of the doxi poodle mix!  curiosity is killing me!  Ours are mini red smooth.

Deb Upstate New York

Well Jenn, how 'bout pics of your reds!  It is a great breed ... so loveable  bear_innocent and just a smidge  :twisted:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Canine sausages...that's what I call them... how funny!!!

My parents had a mini that they rescued from my aunt who decided she didn't want her anymore and was going to put her to sleep...can you believe it?  Sam, was vacuum cleaner...her nose was constantly to the ground sniffing out any tidbit that might have fallen.  When my kids were around (they were little) she was in heaven.  They are smart...and STUBBORN!!!

Love 'em...

Pipa UK

Mary Holsted ?

oo this is just like playing hang man hehehe

Deb wrote:

Jenn ~ How about Lisa Pay?  Or Mary H_ _ _ ... (somebody help me).

So I'll wait.

I will post current pictures.  I have some on a wbsite from when they first came home.  www.skains.org  Jenn and yes they can be :twisted: even though thy think they are bear_innocent

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yep, Mary Holstad!  There is an up-and-coming artist from Oklahoma named Tammy Hendricks who is making fantastic dogs now.  She's the awesomely talented lady with only one hand.  Her website is http://tammybears.com if you'd like to take a look at her pups.  Also . . . our own Nancy might like to try a doxie!

Tammy is very taented.

Deb Upstate New York

Thanks for sharing pics Jenn.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Jenn, check with our very own Nancy or Roxanne who make the most adorable little puppis Yorkies! I just bet one of those two talented ladies might be able to help!

hugs Louise

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

AHHHHHHHH I LOVE DACHIES  :love:
I grew up with miniture short dachies. And I have long for another one. I have put my name down for one. Their is a bredder in Western Aus ( I'm in South Aus) Her dog is having pups this month and I am getting one. They are long hair. I won't see him/her till they flow over January.
I can't wait.  I love then. :love:
I will post a pic when he/she arrives

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I have made several different breeds of dogs.  I have even done mixed breeds (replicas of customer's dog).  I would just get pictures of the dog and then take it from there.  If you would like, I would be willing to look at your dog pics.  Also, if you want to make one of your own, CRs supplies sells a pattern for a dachshund.

Deb Upstate New York

Peta ~

Please share pics when puppy arrives!

If any one wants to see my guys, they are on www.skains.org  Nina, how muh do you charge?  Jenn

Deb Upstate New York

Jenn they're all adorable.  If I were the breeder, I'd keep that one w/ the long hair too.  My Mabel is only part doxie, but she's all doxie at heart.  They're great!

We have 2 mini red smooths.  Jenn

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

When I was little, my siblings and I called them "weener dogs" he he he My cousin has two of them - soooo cute!

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

blondie.jpgHello,

I thought that I might share a picture of a puppy that I had. Her mom was a dachshund, and the daddy a cocka-poo.<cocker-spaniel, poodle mix>. She was such a sweetie. She and her sister died this last Spring when they were eating the berries that had fallen off of a tree.  bear_sad  So sad......
We called them "cocka-weenie-poos!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That is a seriously cute pup, Roxanne!!  So sorry you had both doggies die . . . that's awful!!  :hug:  :hug:

She was a cutie!  I'm sorry she passed on  bear_innocent Jenn

Deb Upstate New York
millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Jenn,

I am having computer issues right now (don't ask, it's a touchy subject around here).  I cannot see your pics.  If you would like to email me with pictures and details about what you want, I can get you a price.    I need to know if they are long hair or short, size you want etc.  Also, when is your birthday present due?

Millie,  My B-day is dec 31st but you can take your time! bear_thumb Both our boys are red smooths.  Perhaps my hubby can walk you through your computer issues?  He does this for a living.  Call me @ (858)774-2326  Jenn

Pages:

Board footer