Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Just wanted to give you all a heads up.  A bear supply business here in CA. is liquidating.  Everything on the website is 50% off except books.  Check it out:  www.sierrameadowsbears.com
Donna

Deb Upstate New York

OOoooo ~ thank you Donna!

k020.gif

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Thanks Donna, I'll check it out.  :)

Jane.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thanks, Donna!
I'm poor now but what deals! They even had a couple of mohairs that Edinburgh has stopped carrying! I'm so happy!  :dance:  :dance:
It'll be christmas here as soon as UPS arrives next week! I can't wait!
Daphne

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Thank you! I ordered a bunch!!!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

thanks very much Donna - I will take a look.

Hugs
Carolyn

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Hi; Do they also sold out mohairs at half price?

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

EVERYTHING they have in stock is 1/2 price!! Even Schulte mohair!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Thanks !!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sales are a great thing, but it worries me that a bear business is liquidating.  What does that mean for our industry?  I hope it's an isolated case of, "It was good while it lasted but life intervenes," and not a case of, "Can't make a living doing this anymore."

Donna, thanks again for the link.  Bearmakers can always use a nice deal on materials, which are indeed very expensive in this industry.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shelli, I shared these same concerns. I hear of so many bear suppy shops closing. They are not offering the discount on their books. Wonder if they will continue the book business or if the publishers will buy them back? Either way I didn't take this sale as being a good thing for them.  bear_sad

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Hi Gina,
Did you talk personally with someone from Sierra Meadows Bears?  I posted the liquidating info because that is what the owner told me in an email where she ask me if I was interested in purchasing the business.  I know I was not the first person she contacted to buy her out.  Seems like she is sending out mixed messages.   Whatever she is doing there are some good buys to be had.
Donna

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I got that email too, Gina.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Thank Donna

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria
Donna wrote:

Just wanted to give you all a heads up.  A bear supply business here in CA. is liquidating.  Everything on the website is 50% off except books.  Check it out:  www.sierrameadowsbears.com
Donna

Thanks for informing us of the Sale. I was hoping that they may have had some of the grey alpaca with guard hairs which is great for my koalas but sadly no. I did notice that they, however, did have one of my bears on their site. The cover of Australian Bear Creations Annual has my "Old Ted" on the cover. He is the large bear with a scarf and is one of the projects inside.
Susan
P.s If anyone has some of the grey alpaca with guard hairs that they would like to sell or swap , i would love to hear from you. I believe it is out of production .

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Hi Susan, I bought some lovely grey alpaca from Teddys Bits here in Melbourne, contact Marlene at - www.Teddysbits.com , she may have what you are looking for.  bear_grin

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Gina, I got that same email from the company too.  Looks like they are just moving !

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Thank you Donna.

I can't believe the prices I just got :dance:

Can't wait for the mail in......say......2 weeks :thumbsup:

Glenys

Board footer