Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I want to purchase 5 inches joints for my huge bear. Yes I did say 5 inches! Even a little over would be good (the perfect size would be 13 cm).

I searched in all my list of retailers and the biggest I found were only 4 inches, which is definately too small.  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Can someone help me?????

Thanks,
Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

I found 12 cm ones but not over... Are you interested ?

http://www.dellingsoft.net/2001/7988187/index.html

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Thanks, Marion.
I will wait a little bit, to see if someone else finds bigger.
Is that one of your retailers?
It is a bit difficult for me to browse it as I donnot speak nor understand German language!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sophie, I've never seen joints that big, so if nobody is responding it's probably because they don't have a resource for you.  Good luck!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Yes Sophie I have made several orders from this retailer. I don't speak German either but learnt to understand a little some bearmaking related words by browsing the site :D. 
I have 8 cm big joints in my boxes and this is really big so I can't imagine how big will be a bear with 13 cm big joints !! bear_shocked  bear_happy  bear_original
Hugs dear friend ! :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Another idea would be to make your own.  Perhaps you can find the pressed fibre board at a home improvement place (I think they have them for sale for shelving).  And you can purchase the locknut bolts, and washers seperately. 

What a massively impressive bear you will have  bear_flower

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Do metal washers come that large? If they do you could use them for the discs
Hugs
Gail

klippie Klippie's Creations
Gauteng (Johannesburg)
DebbieD wrote:

Another idea would be to make your own.  Perhaps you can find the pressed fibre board at a home improvement place (I think they have them for sale for shelving).  And you can purchase the locknut bolts, and washers seperately. 

What a massively impressive bear you will have  :rose:

Your best bet would probably be to get someone to cut it for you from fribre board as you might have to use larger and stronger bolts so then you can specify your hole width for that as well. If you get stuck I could cut them for you and mail them off to you but it might take a bit longer than getting something locally.

This is going to be one fantastic bear - you have guts! :pray: :clap:

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

wow im impressed - my thought was that you would have to make them or have  them made, too
good luck - cant wait to see the bear

cat xxx

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

go to www.crscrafts.com they have 4 7/8" hardboard discs. When you get to their home page, go to the left side, click on Bear Supplies, go down to Fasteners, then go down and click on Hardboard Fasteners and it will come up with a page of  joints from 1/2 inch to 4 7/8 inch. If for some reason they won't ship overseas, contact me and I will get them for you and ship them out. Good Luck!

Ellen

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Great!
Thanks Ellen!
It looks like they charge quite a lot for shipping to foreign countries. I will see what I can do about that.

Is that one of your usual retailers?

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Although your local/usual retailer doesn't carry them, they might be able to get them for you if you contacted them and asked.

I order from CRs Crafts quite frequently.... glass beads, fiberfill, etc. but of course live in the same country so don't have to pay a lot for shipping. I've always been pleased with the service and prices.

Good luck, whatever you do!

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

I made a big big bunny once andWhen i needed some big joints I got 2 plastic  large butter lids and put the large fiber joint inside these, made the hole on the plastic butter lids,guilding with the hardboard hole disks inside these lids and these worked fine.Putting the hard board disks inside are just for stability so plastic won't bend. hope this helps. :hug: Mary

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Arrrrgh, CRS Crafts charged me A LOT for my order. I gave it a try and never ever I will order there again.
I had for less than 10 dollars in my order and finally I was charged a total of 22 euros (I checked on my bank account)!!!!

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Sophie, I was just thinking...."yes my head does hurt now" bear_grin
Have you thought about making them using modelling clay?
The largest disk I have is 8cms. I cant image what your bear is going to look like? WOW you go girl. bear_grin
Wendy

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

If the joints I ordered end up being too small or if I need more big ones, I will ask someone to make them for me in wood.
The only point is that I never got to find cotter pnis in the local shop I tried.
But it should not be too difficult to find them in another place! Maybe I just did not try the good shops.

There are lots of wood workers in the surroundings, so if necessary, I will ask them some help.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:doh:  I completely forgot to look on CRs crafts.   :doh:

Oh Sophie!  I wish you would have taken Ellen up on her kind offer to purchase and ship them across for you.   bear_cry   Next time, let her or me know, and we'll buy the joints for you, and get them shipped over for much, much less than that.   :hug:

Sometimes companies charge silly money for foreign shipping.  I wonder why??

Board footer