Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

tombaak Posts: 12

Hello,

I purchased string mohair to make Gorgonzola http://sissis-baerenladen.shop.t-online … ID%5F65013 the fabric is supposed to be the same, but the mohair I got is so sparse that you can see the yellow through it everywhere, really, REALLY well.  In the photo the fabric looks much fluffier, is there a way to brush out the string mohair to make it fluffy like this?  I don't want to mess with the piece I have until I know what kind of messing to do.

Melissa

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Absolutely! All mohair is woven in this form and the the 2 backing pieces are cut apart.
Can you imagine a mound of bundled gobs & gobs of white mohair fabrics: 10' high, 20' wide & deep.
That's what it looks like in the Schulte factory, just waiting to go to the Top Secret Upstairs for dying & giving them the distinstive finishes.
Almost anything you do to this fabric is going to untwirl the spun ply on the mohair: washing, wetting & riubing together, dyeing, combing, brushing...
The amount of any of these methods is up to you.
Realize that a bit of brushing will happen when you pull fibers from between seams, scissors  sculpting and final grooming.

The HARD part comes in trying to keep them as 'strings' when you've got to handle it so much in creating the animail!

Board footer