Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Spiracy Hvalsø

Hello guys  bear_original

As I am new in this business and a bit of unsure of myself, I'd like to ask you all a question.
It's quite a decent amount of money for a subscription on the Magazine and this web television at Teddybear Club International. (Link is here.)

So my question is, is it worth it?

I'd love to hear your + and - on the matter   bear_original

(I apologize if there is already a thread with this, if so then please just redirect me to it, I just wasn't able to find one)

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

YES!!  (in my opinion anyways)  I just subscribed to both the paper magazine and the Imag (so I can read the past year's issues that I missed!)

I'm planning on subscribing to the web tv thing later...

I LOVE TBCI!!! :love:

Edited to add:  If you are not sure, go and purchase a single issue!  Then you can make the decision for yourself - as we can sometimes have different opinions bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I LOVE TBCI!!! The magazine is awesome, lots of quality eye candy, great articles.... and I subscribe to the imag too because I can't always wait to get my mag in the mail here! Besides, I can print off pages without having to fight with my scanner!

I didn't subscribe to the TV thing at first but that's going to be my Christmas present to myself.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Definitely.  I think i't's important to have at least one subscription to keep abreast of what's new in the bear world.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I wish I could afford TBCI!  I have to be choosy because I'm on a budget but I do get Teddy Bear Scene currently and would love to get TBCI as well.  I keep hoping there's a contest that I'll win for a subscription or something! 

If I could afford it, I'd subscribe to every bear magazine from every country.  I just love seeing what other artists are doing!

So I'd say yes, it's worth it!!!

Spiracy Hvalsø

So do I understand it correctly when TBCI (I know it says International in the name, but..) is not only for the UK?

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

It's published in the UK, but they feature artists from all over the world (I was just in it in October  bear_happy  ) and people from all over the world subscribe!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

And I was profiled in November's issue along with a separate review of the shows I organize here in the US so yes, it's for and about artists/collectors all over the world.

I highly recommend doing what Laura suggested if you are unsure about it and buy one issue from their website to see what you think! I doubt you'll be disappointed!

:hug:

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

I subscribe to the i-mag only. It was cheaper since I'm in the US and you also get access to the back issues.

Hugs,

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

It is a great mag, I pick mine up at the local bookstore but I want to get a subscription.

Hugs!
Melanie

Spiracy Hvalsø

How about other magazines, such as this Teddy Bear and Friends?

Thanks for all the answers guys bear_original I think I'll start with the I-Mag and the Magazine bear_original

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I just recently subscribed to TBCI and can't wait for my first issue. So many have talked about the magazine, I just had to have it.

I also subscribe to Teddy Bear and Friends and Australian Bear Creations. I love them both.

mingrul Our Blue Iguana

guys just wondering, how does artist get featured in the articles? I would like my teacher to be featured... and anyone know which german magazines to order? like the bar report or teddy& co.. or other german magazines... any help would be appreciated.... thanks all...

:hug: `ming bear_laugh

Board footer