Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Wow is Christmas coming fast or what?!!!
Last year I organized a Christmas ornament exchange and it was big fun. I know I am a bit late getting the ball rolling this year, but I think we can still do it. I will stop taking names November 24, 2007
and do the draw on the 25th, but you can get your ornament started as soon as you decide you are participating so it can be sent in time.  As it is a Teddy Bear Ornament Exchange, perhaps more people could find the time to participate. This will be a COMPLETELY RANDOM swap and part of the fun is that you must keep the name I draw for you a secret! (You will not likely have the same person who has you.) I will draw a name for each participant and send them a Private Message with the name and address of their match.The idea of this swap is to create a Teddy Bear Christmas Tree ornament for your partner. The scale of this project should make it easier for mailing and perhaps quicker to complete this busy time of year.

Follow this link to see some of the lovely ornaments exchanged last year! Some were small Teddy Bear heads embellished in Christmas style and some were felted creations and tiny bears. These are only some examples. Your ornament can be any medium you like to work in. Be creative! (like I have to say that!) The rules are that it must be bear -themed and hand made by you!

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=11342
And the tree!
http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=12185&p=2

Here is how to participate:

1. Send me a PM containing your user name, your full name, and your mailing address by November 24, 2007.

2. I will send you a PM with your partner's name and address. PLEASE keep it a secret! Everyone loves a nice Christmas surprise! (Remember, the person who's name you have is not necessarily the one who has your name.)

3. Make a lovely Teddy Bear ornament for your partner. Be sure to add a string or cord for hanging it. Wrap it nicely and make a tag revealing yourself to your partner.

4. Ship the ornament so it will arrive by December 24, 2007 for a wonderful Christmas surprise.

5. Post a photo of the ornament YOU receive on Teddy Talk for all to enjoy!

Merry Christmas!!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Grand Idea Miss Tami!

What a great spiritbuilding plan.

Thanks for doing this again!

gollyhugs

dilu

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I would love to participate.  For those that weren't here, here is a picture of the "tree" from last years swap.  I'd be happy to decorate the tree again this year too.

teddyTreeDec27_2006.jpg

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Tami, I'm sending you a PM with a question. bear_happy

Milford Ohio

:dance: Got couple of people already!! :dance:
Anyone know how to make this a highlighted topic?

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Me too!!! Count me in!

I LOVE the ornament I got last year (Thank you, Tami!) and had so much fun making the one I did for a beary special TT friend!

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Tami:
I've just PM'd you my info.......I'm so excited I love Christmas surprises!!!!!!!

AndreaM bear_original

Milford Ohio

A couple more people have joined  bear_thumb YAY!
A question arose both this year and last about whether or not mediums beyond mohair, fur and needle felting are ok. I say, be creative! It must be a hand-made-by-you Teddy Bear ornament, but beyond that the sky is the limit. So, mohair, fur, fiber, decoupage, paint, clay...bring it all on!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Tami E wrote:

So, mohair, fur, fiber, decoupage, paint, clay...bring it all on!

In that case, please sign me up! bear_original

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Hi Tami

Could overseas join in too?.
I know the shipping exspenses would be a lot more if you have to ship overseas.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I hope overseas can join in I did last year.  But what with the postage gone up....

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

I've PM'd you with my info, Tami. 

This was soooo fun last year, seeing everyone's ornaments as they received them in the mail.  :dance:  :dance: The anticipation was half of the fun.   And Tammy's tree was wonderful, yes, Tammy, make another tree this year.   I hope everyone joins in for the fun this year. 

Tami, thank you so much for organizing it again this year.

tedbear Posts: 1

Good idea!

Milford Ohio
tinybear-dk wrote:

Hi Tami

Could overseas join in too?.
I know the shipping exspenses would be a lot more if you have to ship overseas.

Yes, please join in!!!

:hug:

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Great
Count me in

Thanks Tami - I send you my info

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Yay!!!!!  This was so much fun last year!  Count me in!!!!!!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland
Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Oh, oh, oh! Me too!
Amy

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

This was so much fun last year...count me in again!
I will PM you Tami!
Thanks bear_flower

Milford Ohio

Whoo hoo! We have quite a nice list of names already!
A couple notes: First, you don't have to wait until you receive your partner's name to start the ornament since I got the this started later this year. Second, please remember to mark your package as a gift when you send your ornament overseas (if your partner lives across the pond) so there will not be any unnecessary fees. 
I'm looking forward to this!

Bearlyn Bears Posts: 13

I'd love to take part.  Lynne Thomson :hug:

elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Hi Tami,

Sounds like so much fun!  Do the ornaments have to be specifically teddies -- or can they be any critter in holiday attire?  Count me in.  bear_grin

hugs,
Ellen

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Hi Tami,
This sounds like a great idea, another little project to help stretch the imagination  bear_grin
Maybe we could even ask Quy for a gallery as well as Tammy's teddy tree to see all of those gorgeous little decos in detail. (the receivers could add them to the gallery when they get them- so that the surprise is not spoilt!!!)

Mel

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I'd LOVE to join in again this year but I have a show to get ready for in Hove on December 9th.  bear_sad

I could get a little ornament finished immediately after the show but would only be able to send to someone in the UK or at a real stretch the EU. If this is ok then I'll be in!

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

I've been waffling about this, but it was a lot of fun last year so sign me up too please!

Board footer