Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Tami, I LOVE surprises.  I just HATE waiting for them!  :)~

Okay, okay.  I'll be patient.  I'm not even quite done with mine yet, although I'm off to a wonderful start.  I think I will post to my blog when I'm done.  Let's people know when I don't have bears available that I'm not slacking, just being creative in different ways.

Can... not... wait... to... see... these... SURPRISE... ornaments.   :crackup:

PS  I'm not very experienced with creating PDF's, but if you happen to have created or scanned your pattern in Photoshop, I believe you can simply SAVE AS a .pdf -- or, at least, my version (Photoshop 7.0, which is kinda antique at this point) offers that option.  I hand-draw all my patterns and then scan them digitally.  I manipulate the pieces to fit onto one long "page" and then save.  If I were you in this situation, I would SAVE AS .pdf (instead of .jpg or .tiff or however else I might have saved them digitally, purely for my own records and as backup.)

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

That sounds very simple, Shelli! Too bad I don't use Photoshop! Paint Shop Pro doesn't have that option.  bear_sad

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I don't think most software has that option, which is why having a .pdf creator (or whatever you call that software; you know way more than me about that!) is a good idea, as you recommended.  Most people aren't creating .pdf's from straight images but rather, from combinations of text and images, like brochures or zines or PATTERNS, say...!  So they might be working in Microsoft WORD to assemble those works... and then I think they'd need the software you recommended, for sure.

But if people are kooks like me and do everything in Photoshop because that's what they have and that's what they know, then it's really easy to simply SAVE AS .pdf if the end result of your efforts is that you've essentially created one big "image" file.  However, if I were an "industry" person, I'd be assembling my pattern/brochure/zine in a different way.  I think my design friend Andrea told me some years back that Photoshop isn't that good at aligning/inserting text (I'd have to agree), and that folks that do that kind of thing for a living (create brochures, etc.) use Illustrator and Quark to assemble/arrange stuff like that. 

Whatever THOSE programs are!   bear_tongue

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

I have Print Shop by Broderbund and Photo Impact 12 by Ulead/Corel and they both have the "save as PDF" feature too.

Illustrator and Quark?  I don't know either but I bet they cost a gazillion dollars.  You can make nice easy brochures in Print Shop.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

One of those is a Mac program... they both may be as that's what graphic designers, printers, etc. generally use and they are the best. I use Publisher for my brochures... OK, I used to.... don't make 'em any more!

Shelli - I know very little about pdf writers but I sure sounded like I knew at least a little! Pretty good, eh? (Laughing at myself here!) Now if only I could BS my way through my taxes!! Oh, wait, I do that too! :crackup: (Yeah, I'm already agonizing over those!)

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

OK I have posted my ornament on my blog page.............................this was fun!!!
Now who is it being shipped to????????????  bear_grin

http://dollsndreams.blogspot.com

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Your ornament is just adorable Tami. Darn, I wish I'd had time for this...but next year for sure.

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Tami L, your ornament is the cutest!  I hope its on its way to Cincinnati!!!!??????

Tami E, I have a scanner if you want to bring your stuff over here, I will gladly scan it for ya!

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Hi tami,
It is adorable. You can send him to Wisconsin!
Amy

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Tami your ornament is just so....beautiful you can send him to California bear_grin I would love it to be in my home. bear_grin  :hug:  :hug: I sent mine and will be waiting to see him here for whom it went to???? I sure hope they like it.I created it with all my heart and soul.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

If you want an easy free way to create a PDF document use Google docs - you don't have to download any software to your pc and it's easy as pie.  Create your document in Google docs (it works much like word) and you can easily combine text and image.  When you're done, click the "file" button in the top left of your document and then "export as PDF"

Google docs can be found at http://docs.google.com  You just need to sign up for a google account.
I use it a lot as I can edit my documents from any computer - it's also great for collaborative projects as you can invite people to share documents.  Actually, two (or more) people can be working on a document at the same time and changes will show up on everyones' screen in real time - no saving and emailing multiple versions.  I've used it this way and it really works!!

bearsbyTracey BearsbyTracey
Wellington, New Zealand

Hi Tami

Well I have finished my little ornament creation and he is off on his journey to his new owner.
I cannot wait to get my christmas ornament. bear_original

Hugs Tracey

p.s. thanks Tami with organising this swap!!!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I did not get my person that I am susposed to send to yet. Did I miss it ?

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Mine ornament is on it's way to it's new home......................But where????????? bear_whistle

AndreaM bear_original

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio
Jodi Falk wrote:

I did not get my person that I am susposed to send to yet. Did I miss it ?

Jodi, I just sent you a PM bear_original

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I looked on your blog tami but I cant see any ornament. Nice chrissie bears there though.
Wendy

Katrina's Miniatures Katrina's Miniatures
Website

Mine is on his way to his new owner!  I must admit, I wanted to keep him for myself bear_original  Looking forward to seeing everybody's, and to getting mine!

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio
matilda wrote:

I looked on your blog tami but I cant see any ornament. Nice chrissie bears there though.
Wendy

I haven't put mine on there yet but Tami L has hers posted on her blog.

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Matilda you made my day? bear_original  These young Ladies are confusing aren't they. At first I would say to myself  which:TamiDreams and TamiForest to remember which was which.  bear_grin
Matlida and TTers When I am "sad" you make me Happy! When I am "crying" you Dry my Tears.,When I am "lonely" you are my Company! When I am "Happy" you are my Cheers, I thank you all bear_wub  bear_wub  lots of :hug:  :hug:  :hug: s

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Okay, Mine is finished and I am getting her ready to ship. Wooohoooo!!!

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Mine is finished and packed up for shipping.  I'll take it to the post office tomorrow. 

My recipient is going to be in for a surprise.   She'll know what I mean when she gets her ornament.  I'm hoping she doesn't mind.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I haven't put mine on there yet but Tami L has hers posted on her blog.

Matilda you made my day? bear_original  These young Ladies are confusing aren't they. At first I would say to myself  which:TamiDreams and TamiForest to remember which was which.  :lol:
Matlida and TTers When I am "sad" you make me Happy! When I am "crying" you Dry my Tears.,When I am "lonely" you are my Company! When I am "Happy" you are my Cheers, I thank you all

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
If I am successful in bringing laughter into your world Mary, then my job here is done. :crackup:  :crackup:  :dance:
Wendy :doh:  :dance:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Christmasorn.JPGLookie what I got from Sunnie, the most adorable bell!! She also was sweet enought to include some ATC making stuff, and a very cute necklace that I will be sporting today at work!!!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh how creative and adorable it that bell bear !  I'll add him to the tree asap.

My recipient is going to be in for a surprise.   She'll know what I mean when she gets her ornament.  I'm hoping she doesn't mind.

Patty.............your comment has me curious now.  Maybe that means you are sending one to me again this year.  That would be so exciting and funny .   I adore the one you sent last year and kept it out for months.  I love all this secrecy and mystery  bear_happy

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

OOOHHHH! Kathy you lucky lady!
What a sweet little bell bear!
Tammy: it looks great on the tree!
Ellen: Your ornament is beautiful, I can't wait to see who gets it!
AndreaM bear_original

Board footer