Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

I went to my first show (an arts & crafts show) on Saturday...

IT WAS HORRIBLE!!  I sold 1 tiny Christmas ornament... ONE!  At $15 that didn't cover my gas to the place.

sigh.  oh well... it was a beautiful day and I got to sit next to the bake sale.  I've already finished my pecan pie I bought with half my earnings.  At least that was YUMMY!

Now that I'm back, I have a bunch of bears to sell that didn't sell at the show!  I'm off to post them over in the for sale gallery...

I still need a teeny-tiny hug.  Just a tiny one.  Not much... I think I need to finally get some sleep now, too!

puca bears puca bears

Several big huggies for you  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
I know how disappointed you must be - that's the trouble with shows - you just have no idea HOW they will go.
I've certainly noticed here (in Germany) that the visitors are less and less willing to part with their cash, and with the money markets looking a bit shaky these days, they are probably stashing their "readies" under the mattress.
Must say - I go to shows with NO expectations - just having a fun day, catching up with friends, meeting new ones, and wallowing in all things bear.....and any sales are a bonus. O.K. - it can get expensive if you don't sell...but DON'T give up just yet - you'll get there!!!!

huggies
Maria

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

I send you lots of hugs Ann !
The next one will be better, don't give up !  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ann,
Craft shows must be chosen carefully as a bear artist..... and even then there are no promises. Heck, actually teddy bear shows aren't all created equal and some will give you better sales than others. I'm sure most of us who do bear shows have experienced shows where we sold next to nothing! It IS a bummer.

What was great about you participating in that craft show (besides the pecan pie which sounds delicious!!) is that you helped spread the word about handmade teddy bears!!! That's a HUGE thing!!!! The seed has to be planted..... it takes work to bring people around to accepting what we do as special and to see that we create something that the manufacturers can't in our quality, bearsonalities, etc. I bet many folks wouldn't have a clue about handmade bears if you hadn't been at that craft show yesterday!

No, spreading the word doesn't cover expenses and I'm sorry that you didn't.

But I do thank you, as a fellow teddy bear maker, for helping to share with the 'unsuspecting' what it is we do! You rock!!!!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Daphne

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Sorry about the show Ann  bear_sad  They can be like that sometimes.
Sending hugs your way.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Don't worry too much, I know it is awful not to sell any but people will be thinking of them, especially if it was their first taster of artist bears and if you gave cards out you may be contacted for one later by some of them, this has happened to me.  They may also be back to the next fair looking for you so don't give up.

Pauline

bearlykidzbears Bearly Kidz Bears
Lodi, Ca.

Ann I'm so sorry you didn't do that good but you did get a pie out of it (LOL) I too did the only show I'm doing this year I didn't make my space fee  and there were no pies.. Hears your hugs  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  There is always next time and now you have stock to sale on line.....
Denise

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

Thanks everyone.  I'm feeling better about it now. 

I did try to spread the word about artist bears.  And I did get alot of great feedback from most people.  It was still a bit of a downer, though.

My biggest impression???  ...   There should always be pie!!!

(I think I need to change my signiture to that...  bear_grin  )

Thanks again everyone!

Board footer