Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Tree07.jpgtree06.jpgTree05.jpgTree04.jpgTree03.jpgTree01.jpgTree02.jpgI know this topic isn't about teddy bears but I was very excited for a friend of ours so wanted to tell people about it.

We were in California from the 6th to the 16th, we stayed with friends of ours in Studio City for a week and had a wonderful time.  Our friend David is a huge Christmas person, he has been collecting ornaments and trees and all kinds of stuff for yrs and yrs.  While we were there the LA times did a story on him and the 26 trees that he put up this yr inside of his house (I do have pics somewhere and I will post them later).  While we were there CBS in New York contacted him and they wanted to come in and interview him and film the house.  They did this on Monday and then came back Tuesday night to film it in the dark.  Before we left to come home David got a call from Disney and they were also coming in sometime this week as they wanted to see all the tree's and talk with him as well.

CBS will be showing their report on the CBS MORNING SHOW on Monday Dec 24th sometime between 7-9am,  so I hope if you get the chance to watch it that you will enjoy seeing all of these tree's.  I can't imagine how many ornaments he has , the one tree in the living room is roughly 12' feet and I'm assuming it has about 2500-3000 ornaments on it (including one that we made for him last yr ).

Just wanted to brag about our friend a bit and since it fits in with the holiday season I thought you all might enjoy seeing his Christmas tree's on TV.

Big hugs

Shane

UPDATE DEC 24:   In case you missed it on TV this morning, here is a link to the interview showing all of Davids Tree's.  Enjoy

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video … d=3644243n

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

WOW!!! What an amazing sight that must be. And what a HUGE house they must have! And too bad you couldn't have stuck around an extra day or two! You betcha I'll be glued to the Morning Show on Monday!

Wow!

Yes, pictures would be great.... before Monday.... get us even more excited about the TV spot!  :dance:

How very cool!

Waterloo, Ontario

Believe it or not Daphne their house is roughly 2000 sq ft.  Some of the tree's look like the old fashioned turkey feather tree's so not real huge.  But their living room was just amazing, I think they had 5 tree's in the living room and the mantel over the fireplace was just stunning.  Imagine if you can they have three tree's behind the sink in their Kitchen, one is about 4ft high and is metallic green and then a tree on either side that is metallic orange and they are about 3.5 feet tall.  It's just so cool, but I don't think I took pictures of them.  I'll upload pics for everyone tomorrow so they can see at least some of the tree's.  Oh the guest room has a monkey christmas tree  :crackup:  :crackup: , all different monkey ornaments and glass banana ornaments, it was the cutest tree ever.

big hugs

Shane

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OK, my house is 2100 sf and I can't imagine.....

Those trees sound so neat! Love the monkey tree!!! Lisa Thoms will love the metalic trees!!

Oh the ideas...... :crackup:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Sounds amazing. Your friend must start putting up these trees about October. I would love to see pictures and will definitely try to watch GMA. You have every right to brag on your friend's Christmas spirit and trees.

Waterloo, Ontario

You are right Marlys, he starts putting up the tree's in October.  I can't imagine doing all the work that he does but it's something he loves.   He does put an Easter tree as well  bear_grin  I've never seen it but I'm gonna get him to take pics of it for me this yr.

hugs

Shane

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Good guess, huh! I'm very impressed that he would put so much effort into his decorating. I bet his house is a fun place to be during the holidays. Please do share some pictures when you can.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow, Shane I am really looking forwards to seeing the pictures of your friend's trees, they sound amazing. Sadley I won't get to see the show but I hope you have a picture of the monkey tree, to me that sounds very special...hmmmmmmmm, I wonder why!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
Have a wonderful Christmas and a fantastic 2008.

Christmas teddy hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I just can't imagine how long it takes them to put almost 3000 ornaments on a tree.  They must either be fast workers or maybe they start in July?  Anyway, I can't wait to see their decorations tomorrow.  I have it set to record just in case!

Hugs,
Lisa

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Looking forward to photos Shane.  I just love this type of Christmas extravagance :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Wendy

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Very cool Shane. I watched the "Hollywood Christmas Guy" this  morning on TV.  His house looks beautiful and so festive. I can't believe he does it all himself .   I think I gasped  when they opened his garage door !!  WOW , that was a LOT of stuff !!!    bear_shocked

I think we should all send him a teddy bear ornament next year.  He really should have a teddy tree  bear_happy

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Tammy.... you were up EARLY! I missed it! I was up 'til 3am wrapping presents and there was no way I could get up before 10 this morning! I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee and it's not helping.....

Shane, PLEEEEEASE post pictures when you get to it!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Tammy said:

I think we should all send him a teddy bear ornament next year.  He really should have a teddy tree

I think Tammy's right. We should all send him a teddy ornament for a new tree next year. What do you think, Shane? Would he like that?

I just watched the piece. Wow. He starts on October 1 and is still putting ornaments away in February. I love that he's so dedicated to this effort. Everything was beautiful and each tree was themed. It must be quite a site to see in person.

Thanks, Shane, for telling us about the story.

Waterloo, Ontario

bear_grin  bear_grin   Well I'll have to check with him on that Marlys,  I know if it was me and artist wanted to send me ornaments I wouldn't say no  :crackup:  :crackup: . 

Funny I never saw the inside of the garage until I watched the video, I knew it was full but didn't realize how full, they never discussed the fact that they he also has a storage unit close by as well heehee.

I updated my original post giving the link to the video on CBS, but in case anyone didn't see that, you can find it here   http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video … d=3644243n

big hugs

Shane

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Thanks Shane!  I saw it this morning and his decorations are FABULOUS!!!  When I have a little more "free time", I'm going to put up more of my trees!!!

Merry Christmas,
Lisa

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow - outstanding decor!  He says it calms him to look at it all.  If I tried to do all of that I would surely be a candidate for the looney bin - totally stressed to the max.  Quite a story - thanks, Guys!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wow!!! Wow!!! What fun!
I love the candy and chocolate tree (I know, big surprise!)!

Yeah, he needs a teddy bear tree!

Waterloo, Ontario

Yeah we talked to him about a Teddy Bear tree,  he changes his theme's every yr,  well except for the monkey tree and the Taxi cab tree.  I got to sleep in the room with the Monkey tree so it was job to turn it on in the morning and off at night (oh by the way all the tree's are on remote controls  bear_grin  bear_grin ).  I know it didn't calm me down to see them , I got stressed out just thinking about all of the work that goes into decorating the house. 

hugs

Shane

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow Shane thank you so much for the link. Your friend David make Christmas even more magic with his beautiful trees. I would love to own just one christmas monkey ornament, I have never seen them let alone decorate a whole tree with them, awesome! He must have one huge heart to put so much effort into Christmas. Thank you so much for sharing.

Christmas hugs, Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

puca bears puca bears

Hi Bro
thanks SO much for posting this.............the trees could have looked really kitsch and OTT, but no - this is pure Narnia - quite magical! And the garage FULL of Xmas things rather puts our mohair and bear bits stashes to shame, doesn't it'???
I love the idea of us all making teddy ornaments for a teddy tree - count me in!

big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:

Waterloo, Ontario

Oh Maria it's funny you should say it was Narnia like,  his mantel looks so much like Narnia, he has a huge Angel on it which was his interpretation of the Queen of Narnia.  I'm working right now on resizing the pics so I can post them.

big hugs

Shane

Dorothy G. Stuhr Teddy-Folk
Santee, Ca.

Wow! I am worn out just reading about this christmas tree guy. Don't tell anyone, I did have a tree, a live er dead, well umm, cut tree this year. But I never got around to putting any ornaments on it. I did get the boxes of decorations out of the garage tho... I think that counts for something, kinda. I knew a woman years ago that didn't take her tree down till July, it was very very dry. I asked her why and she said she was busy and didn't get to it. Of course we won't talk about the cat potty box in her back room either, (stinky).
Merry Christmas everybody :cake:
Dorothy

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Wow!  Shane, your friend is absolutely amazing.
We decorate our windows at Xmas with lights and moving animations for the neighbourhood kids to look at (Santa, reindeer & more Santa's) + a big Xmas tree and it takes me ages to put it all together.
I'm with Dorothy - I'm exhausted just imagining how long it takes your friend to put this all together (and then take it all down again)
Thanks for the link - I loved it!
Marg  bear_original

Waterloo, Ontario

Finally was able to upload the pics from my friend David's house.  I hope you enjoy them, this will give you a better idea of the tree's he puts up, the interview was fun to watch but they didn't really concentrate on one tree long enough to get a good look at it.  PLUS they never really showed the mantel which I think was the best part of the christmas display in the living room.

big hugs

Shane

puca bears puca bears

Oh Shane - you're right - the display on the mantel is absolutely MAGICAL - I can't get over just how beautiful David's decorations are.............and the lighting - unreal!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for posting this real treat
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer