Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

I agree Maria, he does such a spectacular job and believe me the pictures don't really do it justice at all.  He is looking at opening a store sometime in 2008, Steven came up with a name for the store "Celebrate 365" but that name was already taken.  So any idea's for a store name??  It's going to have Christmas elements to it all yr long, but will also be a Floral shop (mainly dealing with weddings and corporate events). 

Steven also spoke with David about a bear tree.  He was absolutely floored that we would want to make ornaments and send them to him so he can do a bear tree next yr.  If we decide to go ahead with this he asked that each artist that participates can send the bear directly to him but he also wants a little bio on each artist.  He wants to be able to take a picture of each ornament along with the bio of each artist, that way he will be able to know exactly who made what ornament and little bit about each artist.  He does this with all of his designer ornaments that he gets, any tages that come with the ornament he puts in a book with a picture so that he can keep track of the really special ones and exactly who made them and where they came from. 

What I may do is start a new thread to draw this to everyone's attention and whoever wants to make an ornament and send it to him can do so.  He will take a picture of the tree next yr and I will post the picture right here on teddy talk.  David was so surprised and taken back, but he said he will do us all proud by doing a wonderful tree with our ornaments on it.  He asked Steven and I if we would make the tree topper (YIKES that's big request coming from him) but we will do our best.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

This is great, Shane. At least we have until the end of summer to get our ornaments to him. I'll look for more information from you about this. And it's only apprpriate that you and Steven have the place of honor at the top of the tree. He obviously puts so much effort into his displays and I'm thrilled that he's going to have a teddy bear tree.

Count me in. Thanks to Tammy for coming up with the idea.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

I'd LOVE  :clap:  to send some elegant cat ornaments for the tree? Does your friend understand cats? Judging from his taste, I believe he would understand cat art?  bear_rolleyes
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Oh Karen I think he would adore some elegant cat ornaments, he loves all ornaments.  I'll do a special post once I get all of this information together and will start a new thread.  I'm really excited about people wanting to do this and he was very excited as well. 

big hugs

Shane

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Karen, your cats are outstanding. I can't imagine anyone refusing anything from you. I've never been a cat person but your cats and Krista's cats plus Krista's deep involvement in animal rescue have given me a different outlook on cats. I have just always been a bit afraid of them...well, terrified, really.

I'm very excited about this idea, Shane.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

wow!  what great trees!  That's neat that he was on tv.  I agree that he needs a teddy tree.   bear_original

Board footer