Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

My brother and his family play a "game" every night at dinner which they call Best and Worst. It really isn't a game so much as a conversation starter. Everyone takes a turn to tell the best and worst thing which has happened to them that day. My husband Sean and I have made it a New Years Eve tradition in our family the last few years, to share the best and worst thing which has happened to each of us in past year. Reflecting on the best helps us to count our blessings and remembering the worst seems to help us look forward to better things in the new year.

The best part of 2007 for me was a wonderful relaxing family vacation at the beach in Outer Banks, NC. (My family all had several individual bests but this was the top of all our lists.) I am an Ohio girl, and my trips to the ocean have years in between them, but when I see the ocean I feel like I am greeting a long lost friend! It's so soul feeding.
The worst part was the my best friend Brenda is battling cancer again, I hope for an end to her pain in the new year--whatever that may mean  bear_cry

Anyone else want to share your Best and Worst of 2007?

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

OK, I'll play.  Of course the worst thing that happened to me in 2007 and in my whole life actually was the sudden death of my ex-husband.  The best thing was having an awesomely supportive husband hanging around!  ( Hope my post is not a major downer for everyone........ )

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Worst of 2007: My Mom being diagnosed with cancer & my Hubby having a heart attack.

Best of 2007: Both are doing wonderful now & now having 2 foster grand babies!

Hugs &

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Best of 2007 ... has to be finally completing our house purchase (it took two long years!) and moving with my two kids into a new home and a new relationship.

Worst of 2007 ... is probably the same thing!  After twenty three years of history with my old house, starting again has been quite overhwelming with both ups and downs.  It has taken some adjustment for all of us, that's for sure, but in the main the change has been positive and now it feels as though we're settled and getting there ... wherever 'there' is supposed to be! bear_tongue

I'm so sorry to hear many of you have been going through such tough times in 2007 - here's to a peaceful and much brighter, shinier 2008 for you all x  bear_thumb  bear_flower

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Speaking strictly professionally, the best would have to be being nominated for a TOBY and actually winning as well as having one of my mixed media bears published in ADQ.

The worst has been trying to manage my time to actually create bears to sell. 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Worst of 2007..............By far the death of my Grandmother

Best of 2007..........My husband and I share some wonderful memories of 2007 but I guess the best for (just me) was winning my Industrys Choice TOBY Award! What a thrill.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Great topic. For me:

Best of 2007- Winning a very prestigious award from my company for my work on a project.

Worst of 2007: Battling an infection for the past three months (still on antibiotics). What a miserable experience.

Still, when I have a bad day (or bad time) I thank God I am alive to have that bad day. This attitude towards live came when I almost died 12 years ago. So I look at bad times very differently now. Just my two cents.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

my worse of 2007 is not really bad, just getting my house of 14 years in shape to sell, remove all the clutter, paint all the rooms, new carpeting, new doors, the list goes on forever, all the while working full time and hoping the house sells fast so I can retire.
the best is my health and strength, and also a new foster grandson, for my son and daughter in law that have not been able to have children.  they are both 40 so this new baby is a miracle for them.
Hugs

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Best 2007 - Daily getting time to spend time with my child and husband. I stay at home to play with maddy and my hubby works from home, so I see more of him than before.

Worse 2007 - I have 2 Uncles struggling with cancer, both who have worsened this Fall and 1 whom is in the hospital waiting to see if he will survive from surgery. What an emotional rollercoaster we've had this year. Mostly during Dec.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Worst:  the death of my mom in September . . . however, the other side of that coin is that she is at peace after 12 years of dealing with the ravages of Alzheimer's Disease.

Best:  my older daughter (who has Asperger's disorder/syndrome) got the job she applied for and wanted very much.  She will now have a consistent income and health/vacation benefits.  I can't tell you how relieved and happy we are for her as she has had a really hard time all of her life, with many crises.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Worst...My son and his wife splitting up earlier this year and him moving back home...not a good experience dealing with someone who has blinkers firmly on and very depressed but not handling it. I ended up with chest pains myself...turned out to be anxiety..nothing more. I now know why birdies kick the babies out of the nest when they can fly, like it or lump it...the trick is not to let them back in again once they've flown!!!! Does that make me a bad mom?

Best...without a doubt, the salon finally being off my hands and being able to walk away at the end of each day and not care a fig...in theory ( I still work in there)!! Because today the new owner didn't open it and I was stressing all day about lost business.....I just can't stop!

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

The best could not have been better, my little niece arriving in March has made nearly the entire year fabulous.  I guess the worst would be hub's job relocating and making him drive over 2 hours total each day with a bad back, but even that's not totally horrid...at least he still has a job in an industry that it taking a beating nation wide. 

Wishing everyone only the BEST for 2008 bear_flower

:hug:
~Chrissi

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I have two bests: my trip to Thailand was wonderful but then my first granddaughter, Asha, was born in June and she is extra-wonderful!

The worst I can think of is all the snow we've had since the start of December! I'm really fed-up with Winter and it's hardly started. Maybe I should move to Thailand...with my granddaughter.

Marion

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Worst... Dad having to have radio therapy, The death of 2 close friends, The death of our dog and being ill on and off for most of the year.

Best...... Having a loving family and a beautiful daughter. Hey I'm still here and feeling stronger than ever.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

the best thing having my mum and dad and sisters and their families arriving for a surprise 50th birthday celebration from New Zealand and interstate Victoria.

the worst thing turning the big 50 where did all those years go?

Raewyn

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Keep sharing! Some have had some rough times in 2007, and many have had great things too. I forgot to mention the birth of my nephew as a highlight! It seems like it has been a while since we've had wee babies in the family and that is always a blessing. bear_wub

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

BEST: Mimzy
WORST: Mimzy

IN THE MIDDLE: Dad having more surgery but is now sort of stable. Tendonitis in my hands slowing me down. Hubby being unemployed most of the year. Hubby getting a job in November. Tucker possibly having cancer was really scary and a near miss with the snowplow when he escaped last week almost pushed me over the edge of sanity.

Each of these things brought both good and bad this year. Can't think of any huge highlights. Mimzy.... brought TV crews to my home, lots of artist bear awareness and plenty of attention to my business. And a trip to NYC that was a blast. It also meant a horrible and drawn out experience with the manufactured version and lots of mixed feelings about the association between the style/quality of Mimzy and my own designs and quality which are very different.

2006 was the worst. 2007 I could take or leave. I'm ready for some excitement in 2008!!! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

2007 has in general just been a WORST year for me.  The list is too long and hard to pick just one...so we'll leave it at that.   bear_grin   I'm doing my best to enter 2008 with a new attitude.

The best of 2007 -- watching my kids accomplishments.  Erienne finishing school and passing her state board exams and Taylor's football team winning the 5A State Football Championship.  In general, just having a great relationship with all three of my kids.

Edited to add:  I almost forgot a really big best for ME.  I've lost 50 lbs in 2007...YAY for me.   :clap:  Except for now I need to add exercise into 2008...that could be a WORST in 2008.   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Good riddance 2007...Welcome 2008!!!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

The worst in 2007 every time I turned around someone was sick!!

The best I was published with my first book I had written!!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

2007 is a year I am glad to see the back of, me being sick all year losing our dear grandson (car accident) and a dear friend to cancer has been the worst. The best is having my husband who has been a great support for me, my daughter coming over from England to share in mine and my Dads birthdays.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Best: My oldest Daughter graduated High School with Honors, Started University (1st semester grades all A's and 1 B ( can't complain it was calculus) bear_thumb My younger daughter has her first great year in school since the third grade!!!
Best Best: My breast biopsy was benign!!!! :crackup:  :hug:  bear_grin  bear_tongue
Best Best Best: My wonderful husband has improved physically to the point of working part time at a ranch here for the first time in 12 years this year after a devastating accident that took 3 years and 17 operations to even begin to recover from!!
Worst: My aunt passed away from a very aggressive fast growing cancer, which my cousin her daughter was diagnosed with in November. My cousin will likely not see the summer. Just too heart breaking.
And My daughter wrecked her car on December 31st. good side to that no one was hurt, bad weather icy roads and still a good outcome with minimal damage to the car!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Worst- having the say good bye to my beloved dog Jessie, and the death's of too many close friends.

Best- seeing my son waiting for his bride coming down the aisle. Eventually doing something about taking ballroom dance lessons. ( And having my rose buds much bigger and better than my sister's)

Lynette

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Like Marion, my trip to Thailand in November was absolutely awesome (sorry, haven't posted pics yet), but eclipsed by the birth of our first grandchild Mikaela in October!  I also think discovering you all on TT was special as well! (are we allowed 3 things??)

My worst moment was having to go back to work (always a pain after holidays) and not having enough time to make bears - doh!
Marg  bear_original

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

The worst for me was being so ill I fainted with the pain while I was home alone.
The best thing was a neighbour I have been feuding with(long story) gave me a big hug and wished me happy New Year.
Wendy

angelbear216 Posts: 9

The Best thing of 2007 - being able to achieve a very difficult move for a family of 4 from Connecticut to South Carolina.  So many hurdles from selling our house in a terrible market to timing out schools, jobs.  But with God's help it all amazingly worked out and so far we are very happy in our new state.   bear_original

Worst of 2007 - all the things my sister had to deal with from being told she may loose many of her teeth to finding a precancerous spot in her cervix.  Again with God's help everything worked out for her including the doctor getting all of the bad tissue out of her and a procedure saving her teeth.   bear_thumb

Board footer