Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

My daughter in London sent off 4 Parcel's to Australia on the same day. Two arrived in time for Christmas the third arrived between Christmas and New Year but no sign of the fourth.Well the parcel arrived yesterday evening and it had been opened by Australia Post and inside was a leaflet to let me know why it had been opened.

This mail has been opened by Australia Post for the inspection by AQIS screening process, which uses dectector dogs and Xray machines, indicated there may have been an item of quarantine concern in your mail.

I had to laugh as the item causing the concern was a furry hot water bottle she thought it would help my artheritis in winter.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
I dread seeing those stickers and I have had a couple now.  The idea that they may destroy something  bear_cry
But so far so good.

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Patsy, those furry hot water bottles can be a real leathal weapon in the right hands!!!!!!

Dorothy G. Stuhr Teddy-Folk
Santee, Ca.

When my son Don was in Australia with the Conservation Corps I sent him a package of treats and snacks. Cost me $90.00 for $20.00 worth of stuff bear_rolleyes  And they opened it leaving a note and taking his beef jerky!
However he came home with some excellent candy  bear_thumb so delicious!
On a sad note, he was so happy with his tea tin called a "billy" that he brought back, within a month on a camping trip his buddy backed over it and it was ruined bear_cry
Here is a picture of Don petting a burrowing type creature in Australia.
Dorothy

donaus1.jpg

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

They open your package because of a furry hot water bottle and I go through airport security and the x-ray machine at an airport just outside Washington, DC with teddy bears full of steel shot and nuts and bolts and they don't give it a second glance?! HUMPF! bear_wacko

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Obviously, they need more Australian Post employees working at the Washington, DC airport.

bear_original
Kelly

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Patsy,
    I mailed three parcels on December 12th - two were to the U.S. and one was to England.  The following week on December 17th, I mailed a package to Scotland.  All four packages were delivered on December 24th!  I expected the U.S. packages to make it in a week and it took almost two weeks and I never expected either overseas parcel to make it and they both did!  You just never know!

hugs,

Brenda

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Brenda you really can't rely on the post at this time of the year, I paid extra to send something to my son who is in Queensland (about 1000 klms or 650 miles ) by express post which is meant to get there the next day it took four days.

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Here is a picture of Don petting a burrowing type creature in Australia.

Dorothy - looks like an echidna, which is a burrowing animal native to Australia & New Guinea.  Don't think I'd be patting one - they're full of long, sharp needle-like spikes (give me a cuddly bear any day!)  They are egg-laying monotremes, one of only 2 in the world (the other is the platypus).  We sometimes see them after rain, waddling off into the bush near our home.  They are quite cute otherwise, with a long snout (they eat ants & termites) and have little beady eyes.

Hope you enjoyed your nature lesson for the day!

Marg  bear_original

puca bears puca bears

Customs everywhere seem to be a law unto themselves..........I think they just get BORED at times and have fun investigating the contents of random parcels.............and why am I sometimes tempted to write on the "contents" line of the little green sticker...."small thermonuclear device"?
My biggest fear is the sniffer dog who had a deprived puppyhood and has always wanted a cuddly toy of his very own.........every time we drive over to England for a show, I have nightmares of wrestling matches with a dog........and what happened, the one time a sniffer dog was sent into the back of our "dogmobile"??????????????? My bears were all in those cartons you use for moving house - dog leaped in and landed all four feet right INTO a box of bears - instant heart failure!!!!!! amazingly, no harm done - except to my nerves!
huggies
Maria

Board footer